• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Disagree on all fronts

Toney doesnt have the mobility for our system. He'd be a good bench option, but not a starter. £20m on deadline day and keeping Richarlison I'd be fine with.

Gyokeres was average in the championship and has had one decent season in Portugal. He's very likely a Vincent Janssen.

And David has an awful touch and is a poor finisher.

I don't disagree that Richarlison shouldn't in theory be upgraded on. But there's a massive dearth of talent there and scraping the barrel just isn't worth it
Sorry but I think your wrong on all counts
Toney has no issues on mobility
Gyokeres was much more than average here and exceptional playing with better players
David’s is the only gamble there imo but would also be the cheapest
Maybe we could sign them to play left back

I think after reading the recent post we should save our money as none of the candidates are any good. The bonus is it will really get the moaners going on deadline day.
I do think that's the best policy this summer. Keep our powder dry and revisit next summer when we see how Richarlison, Lankshear, maybe Kulu do; and who has emerged across the world in the position.

I think maybe just go for a wide player - Doue or Neto or whoever - instead.

I think after reading the recent post we should save our money as none of the candidates are any good. The bonus is it will really get the moaners going on deadline day.
Yes, I want us to buy the right player at the right time, not just buy 'some player' that can fill in and might do OK. We have lots of talent waiting to burst out, maybe we need a year to see how it goes.
BUT if there is a true star player that will really lift us without doubt, go for it.

Alvarez is the only potential surprise package, City want 60M + add ons and it won't be done until after his run in Olympics is done

Expensive but not crazy, and not sure how many other clubs have the cash?

Alvarez is the only potential surprise package, City want 60M + add ons and it won't be done until after his run in Olympics is done

What’s his hold up play like
Not really noticed it at city

Id go for him. Especially with his versatility across the whole front line. He could be our genuine final piece.

He's a World Cup winner, PL winner etc. who feels he isn't getting the credit he deserves.. I doubt he would want to come to us right now

Disagree on all fronts

Toney doesnt have the mobility for our system. He'd be a good bench option, but not a starter. £20m on deadline day and keeping Richarlison I'd be fine with.

Gyokeres was average in the championship and has had one decent season in Portugal. He's very likely a Vincent Janssen.

And David has an awful touch and is a poor finisher.

I don't disagree that Richarlison shouldn't in theory be upgraded on. But there's a massive dearth of talent there and scraping the barrel just isn't worth it

This sums up my thoughts as well, none of the above players will be the right move imo.

Both Jesus and Zinchenko knew their time was up sooner or later. Neither were really good enough for City. Alvarez is better tham both of them and thinks he should be starting ahead of Haaland.

What are his choices though? Barca maybe, they'll need to find the money though. Madrid no they're stocked in attack. Byern have kane. Psg look like they're getting osimhen. Arsenal? Liverpool replacement for salah? Chelsea? Juve/inter dunno if any of the italian teams would pay the wages.

We put a bid in i can see it taken seriously.

What are his choices though? Barca maybe, they'll need to find the money though. Madrid no they're stocked in attack. Byern have kane. Psg look like they're getting osimhen. Arsenal? Liverpool replacement for salah? Chelsea? Juve/inter dunno if any of the italian teams would pay the wages.

We put a bid in i can see it taken seriously.
He doesn't have any decent options, I think that's why his agent is constantly trying to drum up interest. He'll probably just stay at City another year now. No one really wants to spend stupid money nowadays, Unless it's on a youngster that could retain some value

He doesn't have any decent options, I think that's why his agent is constantly trying to drum up interest. He'll probably just stay at City another year now. No one really wants to spend stupid money nowadays, Unless it's on a youngster that could retain some value

He's only 24.

Still wouldn't get the credit he deserves, but without the trophies.

He wants to play and he wants to play through the middle, already has multiple trophies to his name for both club and country.

Not saying he would come to us, but if (as is being reported), he's pushing for a move, we would be one of probably 3-4 realistic options

I dont think we're in that place (i.e. to spend £100m on Osimhen), even though we perhaps should be.

Richarlison will be our starting CF next season, and we principally need a stop gap to cover his injuries and bridge the way to the two youngsters hopefully exploding onto the scene.
Hes never fit though. Like Lo Celso he loves the treatment room. We need a striker and Toney would be perfect.

Back