• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I'm pretty sure by the time we have our business wrapped up we will be fully stocked in the forward positions. And I doubt Spurs will be thinking a few Europa League games (where im doubtful he would start even if in squad) would be more beneficial than him on loan in the Championship for a season....
Reports say we are only getting one more forward in, I would expect us to let Richi go if a massive bid came in as well.

Apparently the Gallagher door is not quite shut still. Seems weird considering we have added Gray and looking at Eze too.

Edit: haha I just read we were hoping to steal a March on Atletico.

So because West ham are buying him, he's no good? I'd argue that Fullkrug has proven to be a pretty decent CF for both club and country.
I'm only joking ;) Just meant they were a bit cursed with their big striker signings like Scamacca, Haller etc.

I'm only joking ;) Just meant they were a bit cursed with their big striker signings like Scamacca, Haller etc.
They have been a graveyard for strikers signed. Their best ones have ended up being converted to CF eg Antonio and Arnautovic.

But the likes of Haller and Scamacca are proven to be good CFs before and after West Ham, just hasn't worked out there for some reason.....

From my experience of working with talented young players there is pressure to impress and not all of them can achieve it easily. Now i am not saying these lads will not progress they probably will but fans pressure should be held in check. Because we both know there are a section of fans who may not give them the time to do so before the criticism starts.

Well I can’t argue with your first hand experience mate
I do agree our fans don’t help
I’ve said it before and got jumped on but we have a very toxic fan base in some circles
I don’t get it but I’m a glass half full guy
The big difference maker in these situations is the manager.

The crowd will always be the crowd. But if the manager provides you with the safety net, protects you and takes the blame for anything that fails/goes wrong (and this doesn't have to be directly communicated, it can just be the culture you create), then a young team can thrive.

We have a man capable of just that.
(Much like SAF probably was)

How do you know his stock will never be higher? He can sign a pre contract in jan for foreign teams. Big fat signing on fee or much larger wages. Or both.
Just because the more exposure he gets, the more his technical limitations show him as a slightly busted flush. This move could be his Trippier moment

Back