• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

There's low-level stories that his agent has flown to London so is likely to be trying to drum up interest in his client.
Spurs and Chelsea are useful names to throw around for publicity

There was one story that suggested initial contact had been made. That basically means the agent attempted to make contact with someone connected to club to gauge interest.

Werner took that spot right.

Then we also have...Solomon, Son, Richi, Johnson, Moore, Kulu able to play on the wings. However, of those, only Son and Johnson are pacy.
Moore is yet to prove himself so that’s an unknown . He looks very talented as do our other youngsters.

Son aside , to me that’s a pretty mediocre looking list.

An area we really do need to reinforce prior to the season starting. I fear we will not score enough goals. We concede plenty and I don’t see that changing just due to the style of football. So we need more goals.

Moore is yet to prove himself so that’s an unknown . He looks very talented as do our other youngsters.

An area we really do need to reinforce prior to the season starting. I fear we will not score enough goals. We concede plenty and I don’t see that changing just due to the style of football. So we need more goals.
We averaged 2 goals a game last season. That was year 1 with minimal pre season too
And also we played without a capable CF for this kind of football for a long time
And then add in the other aspects such as injuries and international tournaments. I’m sure we will see more goals this season

We averaged 2 goals a game last season. That was year 1 with minimal pre season too
And also we played without a capable CF for this kind of football for a long time
And then add in the other aspects such as injuries and international tournaments. I’m sure we will see more goals this season
Honestly I hope so. I just can’t see it. I think we are going to struggle. Richy can’t stay fit. Werner’s finishing is dreadful . Son can’t play as a CF. Never understood the hype around Solomon he’s mid table player at best. Johnson can chip in and Kulu. Son I fear he’s on the decline.

Heading out of last season it was an area we needed to improve upon in my opinion.

As It stands I don’t feel like our starting 11 has been improved upon. Bergvail and Gray , Moore all look talented. Depth maybe as it’s going to be a busy season with Europe.

But moving into the season as it stands I’m not convinced we are in a shout for top 4 or silverware.

Love the optimism from some of our fans fair play but I’m not in that camp.

Damning indictment of you to put Johnson and mediocre in the same breath.

i don't mind a 5th placed finish again next year. its the first european competition on top of EPL for ange - he will need to be a lot more proactive with rotations to develop quality in depth. also, we have many young players that i believe are ready to contribute instead of being loaned out.

I wonder if in occasional games we might start Richarlison left and Lankshearer centre? That would take the pressure off the youngster a bit goal-wise, while also being able to utilise Richarlison's energy and physicality.

i don't mind a 5th placed finish again next year. its the first european competition on top of EPL for ange - he will need to be a lot more proactive with rotations to develop quality in depth. also, we have many young players that i believe are ready to contribute instead of being loaned out.

4th should be par with the brickshow going on at Chelsea and Ineos.

I wonder if in occasional games we might start Richarlison left and Lankshearer centre? That would take the pressure off the youngster a bit goal-wise, while also being able to utilise Richarlison's energy and physicality.
Richy energy and Physical I like. He gives the CB’s something to think about.

His fitness is the concern.

Lankshear already looks the best finisher at the club out of our CF options

Exactly.

Also your earlier point regards Lankshear. His finishing is quality. Hope he gets some games this season. Looks cut above some of the other hyped strikers we’ve had like Scarlett and Parrot
Parrott scored a cracker the other day
I think we missed the boat selling him
But we will see

I think it is fanciful to believe Lankshear will get game time this season at Spurs, even though I do agree about his finishing quality.

We are in the market for another forward who will likely be versatile and be able to play CF, even if CF if not his primary position and it will be someone with more senior experience than Lankshear (even if a younger player). I do think we will likely use Moore this season, but for someone such as Lankshear it is far more likely he is loaned out for various reasons....

I think it is fanciful to believe Lankshear will get game time this season at Spurs, even though I do agree about his finishing quality.

We are in the market for another forward who will likely be versatile and be able to play CF, even if CF if not his primary position and it will be someone with more senior experience than Lankshear (even if a younger player). I do think we will likely use Moore this season, but for someone such as Lankshear it is far more likely he is loaned out for various reasons....
See that versatile bit is the issue
Why are we trying to get a player who can play several positions
If there good enough they will own the one position
It’s what’s hurt us before
halland doesn’t play CM… even though he could.

We've got 8 games min in the Europa league, would start him in all those group games, im not sure Richi can't cope with extra games

Look at Mainoo last season. Look at Kane in 2014. It's possible.

In pre-season so far all six of Lankshear, Moore, Devine, Donely, Gray and Bergvall have been holding their own with (or outperforming) the seniors. This crop look very close to being a class of 92 moment.

We've got 8 games min in the Europa league, would start him in all those group games, im not sure Richi can't cope with extra games
I'm pretty sure by the time we have our business wrapped up we will be fully stocked in the forward positions. And I doubt Spurs will be thinking a few Europa League games (where im doubtful he would start even if in squad) would be more beneficial than him on loan in the Championship for a season....

I'm pretty sure by the time we have our business wrapped up we will be fully stocked in the forward positions. And I doubt Spurs will be thinking a few Europa League games (where im doubtful he would start even if in squad) would be more beneficial than him on loan in the Championship for a season....

We're not going to be able to name all our overseas players in our EL squad, so there will be more emphasis on academy graduates in that competition than the domestic ones.

Back