• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Indeed, i wish i had a pound for every young player who crashed and burned after breaking into a team. not saying any of ours will but it happens more then it does not.

Ofcourse. But with the sheer number of exciting prospects coming through. You'd hope a couple make the grade and the others we can sell.

Think most people are just hoping they get game time. For us or on loan. See what they can do.

Ofcourse. But with the sheer number of exciting prospects coming through. You'd hope a couple make the grade and the others we can sell.

Think most people are just hoping they get game time. For us or on loan. See what they can do.

Indeed and i hope to see them do just that

Indeed and i hope to see them do just that
But it’s very very rare for a team to have so many come through in the same age group
Chelsea had a period but didn’t use them
United had the team that won the youth cup then were in the first team 18 months later (or less)
It can happen if you use them
The issue now is opportunities not talent IMO
Seeing Santiago leave when we played Gil last last year shows that for me
Gil offered nothing but hair yet hot opportunities despite delivering zero
Why not give Santiago a sniff of a chance…

But it’s very very rare for a team to have so many come through in the same age group
Chelsea had a period but didn’t use them
United had the team that won the youth cup then were in the first team 18 months later (or less)
It can happen if you use them
The issue now is opportunities not talent IMO
Seeing Santiago leave when we played Gil last last year shows that for me
Gil offered nothing but hair yet hot opportunities despite delivering zero
Why not give Santiago a sniff of a chance…

I do not really disagree with what you are saying, however its harder to make progress for young players if they are ALL put into the side at once. It looks like we have a bunch or really talented youngsters but we have to give them their chance but with a strong team around them to help.

I do not really disagree with what you are saying, however it’s harder to make progress for young players if they are ALL put into the side at once. It looks like we have a bunch or really talented youngsters but we have to give them their chance but with a strong team around them to help.
Im not sure it is
They know each others game and normally what their missing is experience and physicality
They actually have the latter
Leeds did it too when they brought through a batch under O’Leary

Im not sure it is
They know each others game and normally what their missing is experience and physicality
They actually have the latter
Leeds did it too when they brought through a batch under O’Leary

Yes they do know each others games but they are now having to do it at a higher level, time will tell i just hope they are not put under fans pressure or expectations too early.

Yes they do know each others games but they are now having to do it at a higher level, time will tell i just hope they are not put under fans pressure or expectations too early.
Again … maybe I’m an idiot but I think at that age the pressure is not noticed
They are unknowns by default

Again … maybe I’m an idiot but I think at that age the pressure is not noticed
They are unknowns by default

From my experience of working with talented young players there is pressure to impress and not all of them can achieve it easily. Now i am not saying these lads will not progress they probably will but fans pressure should be held in check. Because we both know there are a section of fans who may not give them the time to do so before the criticism starts.

From my experience of working with talented young players there is pressure to impress and not all of them can achieve it easily. Now i am not saying these lads will not progress they probably will but fans pressure should be held in check. Because we both know there are a section of fans who may not give them the time to do so before the criticism starts.
Well I can’t argue with your first hand experience mate
I do agree our fans don’t help
I’ve said it before and got jumped on but we have a very toxic fan base in some circles
I don’t get it but I’m a glass half full guy

Well I can’t argue with your first hand experience mate
I do agree our fans don’t help
I’ve said it before and got jumped on but we have a very toxic fan base in some circles
I don’t get it but I’m a glass half full guy

We do for sure [ most clubs have the same to be honest] its the way it is sadly, there are a lot of fans at most clubs who have no idea the pressure put on youngsters to prove themselves.

We do for sure [ most clubs have the same to be honest] its the way it is sadly, there are a lot of fans at most clubs who have no idea the pressure put on youngsters to prove themselves.
From your experience do you not think though that fans might take it easier on a youngster rather than an experienced pro? My romantic side says they’ll cut them some slack because we want to see our youth succeed.

But in the heat of battle in actual games were points are at stake will mistakes be tolerated and simply accepted?

From your experience do you not think though that fans might take it easier on a youngster rather than an experienced pro? My romantic side says they’ll cut them some slack because we want to see our youth succeed.

But in the heat of battle in actual games were points are at stake will mistakes be tolerated and simply accepted?
Our fan base (and I’m sure others) need a scape goat
I’m not sure who it will be once royal goes and it was normally him or Hojberg who were the great unwashed for a lot of our fans
But the reason i raise it is because I’ve heard fans slate some of our own young players when they came in to the point of blaming them when they weren’t even playing
That’s an issue that would need addressing by other fans IMO

I think most reasonable fans will yes, however we all know there are sections of fans in todays game who are not slow in saying we need better then young kids if they are struggling to fit in. Sadly in todays game fans want it and they want it now and the press have a part to play by not jumping on the wagon if these young kids go through hard times on the pitch [ and they will at times].

Its not helped when these kids are built up by the press/media only to be slagged off when they do struggle buy the same press and pundits.

Back