• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

He should make a statement that he'll see out his contract because he loves the club and consider his options next summer if he's not getting enough opportunities to play.
Yeah, Come out and shame them. Although it wouldn't do him any favours as he'd probably end up having a year training on his own but it'd be fun to watch as an outsider!

I do not really think we need more CM players unless its a proper DM [ we do not really have one]. Nothing against Gallagher but imo he does not fill that hole.

Isn't Gray a DM? I wouldn't mind us going for Ederson, but the rumours seems to have dried up.

He should make a statement that he'll see out his contract because he loves the club and consider his options next summer if he's not getting enough opportunities to play.

He should make a statement saying chelsea tried to force him out. But fudged even that up.

Isn't Gray a DM? I wouldn't mind us going for Ederson, but the rumours seems to have dried up.

To be honest i am not sure what posistion Gray will finish up in, he has a lot of talent for sure. As for a DM for me this is the posistion [ imo] we really lack, its such a important posistion in any side and we have a lot of very good M/F players but again [imo] we seem struggle whoever plays there at the moment.

To be honest i am not sure what posistion Gray will finish up in, he has a lot of talent for sure. As for a DM for me this is the posistion [ imo] we really lack, its such a important posistion in any side and we have a lot of very good M/F players but again [imo] we seem struggle whoever plays there at the moment.

He seems to have the awareness for it.

I agree he seems to, but he is still a kid with a lot of promise for sure and like with all kids he will have highs and lows, far too early imo to class him as a certain posistion just yet. Not saying you are. :)

Ofcourse. But if he's the best we have for that position. Let him play.

Just fans need to realise he's not the finished article and will make mistakes.

Ok, i've seen where i've gone wrong.

Is that because the young atleti kid didn't want to destroy his career? Being 12th choice.

Just for amusement

t0bdnuwdt9id1.jpeg

I do not really think we need more CM players unless its a proper DM [ we do not really have one]. Nothing against Gallagher but imo he does not fill that hole.
Could have made sense if Gray and Bergvall didn't look as ready to step up as they did in preseason. But with both of them looking good along with Devine and Donley I don't think it makes sense.

Still think he would be a good player for us, but just not a position or role we need to focus on now.

Could have made sense if Gray and Bergvall didn't look as ready to step up as they did in preseason. But with both of them looking good along with Devine and Donley I don't think it makes sense.

Still think he would be a good player for us, but just not a position or role we need to focus on now.
I'd still be really, really concerned at using pre season friendlies to assess whether young players are good enough for PL football. The two things are absolutely MILES apart in terms of intensity.

I'd still be really, really concerned at using pre season friendlies to assess whether young players are good enough for PL football. The two things are absolutely MILES apart in terms of intensity.
Postecoglou already said during the pre season that their not ready

I pretty much agree. And that's why I wrote "look as ready to step up" rather than saying that they have already stepped up. But they to me really do look as ready to step up as one could possibly expect of an 18 year old without prior PL experience.

We're obviously continuing down the young very talented players route. That makes a lot of sense to me, but also pretty much demands imo that those players are trusted with real game time. They have to be given the chance to step up.

With Gray and Bergvall here. Along with proven PL quality in Bissouma, Sarr and Bentancur for those two positions (6 and 8) it's not like we're relying too much on the teenagers to step up. Sub appearances at first, maybe some starts in the EL. See how they get on.

If we sign another 8 we're probably either going to end up with one of the more experienced players being unhappy with a lack of game time or not giving the younger players a real chance to step up or even both.

There's a risk to trusting those younger players with squad roles. For me, from the outside, that seems like a risk worth taking.

Of course if Ange, who sees these players in training every day, thinks that they don't look ready enough for this season. Or that Bergvall only really will be an option for the 10 role this season for example that changes things.

I can understand that view in that case. And I do think we need an absolute shed load of work rate particularly for the 8 role in this system. Perhaps the youngsters aren't ready for that physically. In that case another 8 could make sense. From the outside it would make me sense if Gray and Bergvall hadn't looked as good in preseason as they have.

Agreed with this.

Bergvail looks to be ahead of Gray for me.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Still think we need a 6 and a wide man unless Moore is going to get minutes.

See one of the accounts on X saying Ange wants an all action 8. I pray it’s not Gallagher he’s a bang average footballer. Works hard no doubt but his passing is awful.

Back