• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Press conferences are a complete waste of time solely for the benefit of the media to fill space. Did Ally Gold expect Postercoglu to say "We will be trying sign xxxxxx but will not pay more than xxxxx as we are looking at xxxxxx as well" a better question would have possibly got a better answer.
That wasn’t Ali
It was Tom Barclay I believe

I actually agree. Eze is primarily a ACM but a lot of fans are thinking of him playing on the left which he can do but that's not really where's he's excelled. I agree that a LW is what I would be looking at now, given we've got the striker so Son is going back to the left.
Great player
And a great option
But not the answer to the son conundrum for sure IMO

I'd still love to go for Ederson. Admittedly I haven't actually watched a great deal but everytime I've seen him play he looks at least a level or two above Bissouma. He just seems to have that sixth sense for danger and his passing is very good, both short and with range. He'd allow us to move on Bissouma and rotate Gray in comfortably while still improving the first 11.

I'd still love to go for Ederson. Admittedly I haven't actually watched a great deal but everytime I've seen him play he looks at least a level or two above Bissouma. He just seems to have that sixth sense for danger and his passing is very good, both short and with range. He'd allow us to move on Bissouma and rotate Gray in comfortably while still improving the first 11.
Ange loves Biss! I dont think he's ever not picked him when he's been available.

I think that might be one to look at next summer, or possibly not if Gray seizes the shirt over the course of the season

Press conferences are a complete waste of time solely for the benefit of the media to fill space. Did Ally Gold expect Postercoglu to say "We will be trying sign xxxxxx but will not pay more than xxxxx as we are looking at xxxxxx as well" a better question would have possibly got a better answer.

Agree to an extent. But it is what it is. He was basically asking can we expect another big signing. It's his job to ask. Ange has to give an answer, but that answer is up to him. Thought he handled it well.

Said before they need to cut the amount of press conferences or at least let someone else take a couple. Assistant coaches or technical directors. Munn for one or two. Might get different questions and answers.

Ederson is class
I think pool will go back in for him as it’s an area their lacking and they are in the market for

I'm assuming the "do you know our budget" is Ange, maybe it was a joke but that kind of prickly answer is odd - It's not an insane suggestion to suggest that by spending a large sum of money, that may impact the budget in a way that negates the possibility of further movement.

Obviously Ange will not give away our exact intentions/ go in to a summary of our financial position but not sure that being spiky is exactly taking the high road either. Could have just skipped the sass and when straight to the follow up answer.

It'll be interesting to see what we have planned, I'm much happier with dealings now we've got big Dom in but the window's activity still seems to place a lot of pressure on Gray / Bergvall sorting out the mess in midfield.

No. It's important to let citizen journalists know their place. Based on Ally Gold's normal dronings, the preamble to the question could have consumed the entire media conference's allotted time

Agree to an extent. But it is what it is. He was basically asking can we expect another big signing. It's his job to ask. Ange has to give an answer, but that answer is up to him. Thought he handled it well.

Said before they need to cut the amount of press conferences or at least let someone else take a couple. Assistant coaches or technical directors. Munn for one or two. Might get different questions and answers.

Was it a question about signings or budget? A basic question might be "do you anticipate making more signings?"

Ederson is class
I think pool will go back in for him as it’s an area their lacking and they are in the market for
Annoying if that happens. We need him more than they do and then getting him will wooden the gap between the two teams (assuming Slot doesn't fudge it all up.

I have only seen him a few times, but he has absolutely bossed it! He completely owned that Euro league final. Looks like a very solid player to me, wouldn't mind us getting him at all. But no rumours anymore.

Annoying if that happens. We need him more than they do and then getting him will wooden the gap between the two teams (assuming Slot doesn't fudge it all up.
Dunno
They have even shifting players into that role and IMO none have worked so the issue is there for both sides

It was a question about both.

They are only allowed one question each and a follow up. So trying to maximise effectiveness.

So being smart got him a smartarse answer. As I wrote better question might have got a better response and a chance of a follow up.

We need to
Eze makes no sense, unless we're trying to offload Maddison. With Maddison, Kulu, Bergvall, Devine, Donely, Moore - we're absolutely stocked with very good or upcoming ACMs.

We need a winger, especially a right sided one (Eze is left when not central). Solanke (and Spence's renaissance) also means we don't need to buy English for our final signing either.

Basically - I don't think he's even on our radar.
I dont think Ange is impressed with Werner and we need a replacement transition for son. but yeah cover for udogie too as suggested above

Back