• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Agreed with this.

Bergvail looks to be ahead of Gray for me.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Still think we need a 6 and a wide man unless Moore is going to get minutes.

See one of the accounts on X saying Ange wants an all action 8. I pray it’s not Gallagher he’s a bang average footballer. Works hard no doubt but his passing is awful.

Gray hasn't played in midfield yet has he? Seemed to be great playing the roles asked of him.

That is probably one of the oddest things you've ever written. We signed Biss from them for a very acceptable fee, and there has been no indication his performances have been linked to an issue of being unable to adjust to playing for another team. Arsenal and Liverpool have both profited from buying good players from Brighton and improved them.

Care to give some context that doesn't refer to the Stamford Bridge Experiment?
Can't give you anything definitive it is just my opinion that they over charge for their players. I actually live just outside Brighton so do follow them a bit.

Considering some of the odd brick I do write I don't think that is up there with it. But each to their own.

Can't give you anything definitive it is just my opinion that they over charge for their players. I actually live just outside Brighton so do follow them a bit.

Considering some of the odd brick I do write I don't think that is up there with it. But each to their own.
It's just factually incorrect mate.

Gray hasn't played in midfield yet has he? Seemed to be great playing the roles asked of him.
Gray played in midfield quite a bit for Leeds and a bit for Spurs in preseason. Tbh he didn't look great in midfield for Spurs, he looked way better at centre back and right back with the 'play' in front of him.

Returning to this earlier post: "With Gray and Bergvall here. Along with proven PL quality in Bissouma, Sarr and Bentancur for those two positions (6 and 8) it's not like we're relying too much on the teenagers to step up. Sub appearances at first, maybe some starts in the EL. See how they get on."
I completely agree and I have another thought... in the podcast Gareth noted that in the second half of the Bayern game, rather than playing 6 8 10 in midfield we switched to "left middle right" with each midfielder doing a bit of everything*.

For instance with (Biss Sarr Maddison) that is clearly 6 8 10.
But maybe with (Bergvall Sarr Bentancur) it would be more of a "left middle right" with each doing all 3 jobs.

Ange has said he doesn't want players to only play one role like 6 or 10, he wants them all to work forward and back.

*Note Milo pooh-poohed this and said that it was down to the change of players because clearly Maddison is only a 10 and not a 6 or 8 and there is certainly truth in that, but the point remains that SOME players can maybe do 2 or 3 roles in midfield.

Some social media talk around Adringa from Brighton

Anyone have an opinion? supposedly two footed, plays on right mostly last season
When I saw it on twitter it was a guy say8 g who he would like and it looks like it’s grown legs off the back of that

I'm not sure if that is the oddest, or least odd :D

Never mentioned Gray’s position. I meant in terms of Bergvall looks ahead of Gray in terms of being ready for first team minutes.

Gray has looked tidy for most part. He’s for the future.

Gray played in midfield quite a bit for Leeds and a bit for Spurs in preseason. Tbh he didn't look great in midfield for Spurs, he looked way better at centre back and right back with the 'play' in front of him.
He was in midfield in first Bayern game I think. Thought he was a bit sloppy under pressure as Bayern pressed aggressively.

He’s young I’d expect that here and there.

I know he played there for leeds. It's his preferred position. Played in defence for spurs when i saw him. (Didn't see the byern game).

Returning to this earlier post: "With Gray and Bergvall here. Along with proven PL quality in Bissouma, Sarr and Bentancur for those two positions (6 and 8) it's not like we're relying too much on the teenagers to step up. Sub appearances at first, maybe some starts in the EL. See how they get on."
I completely agree and I have another thought... in the podcast Gareth noted that in the second half of the Bayern game, rather than playing 6 8 10 in midfield we switched to "left middle right" with each midfielder doing a bit of everything*.

For instance with (Biss Sarr Maddison) that is clearly 6 8 10.
But maybe with (Bergvall Sarr Bentancur) it would be more of a "left middle right" with each doing all 3 jobs.

Ange has said he doesn't want players to only play one role like 6 or 10, he wants them all to work forward and back.

*Note Milo pooh-poohed this and said that it was down to the change of players because clearly Maddison is only a 10 and not a 6 or 8 and there is certainly truth in that, but the point remains that SOME players can maybe do 2 or 3 roles in midfield.
This could very well be my memory not working all that well... From my memory though I thought Bissouma was more adventurous with his offensive movement early on last season. More conservative in the second half.

It doesn't have to be three players doing the same amount of everything, but I do think mixing it up a bit at times can be really useful. Particularly with Biss, Bentancur and Gray all having good ability on the ball when they get further forward.

Also think in preseason there has been more of a mix up with strikers dropping really deep at times for example. I think we need that extra movement to create space and uncertainty.

Maddison is a 10, but part of his role is dropping deeper in buildup phases.

The more we do of those kinds of things the more it will look like a "left, central, right" even if there are roles.

That is probably one of the oddest things you've ever written. We signed Biss from them for a very acceptable fee, and there has been no indication his performances have been linked to an issue of being unable to adjust to playing for another team. Arsenal and Liverpool have both profited from buying good players from Brighton and improved them.

Care to give some context that doesn't refer to the Stamford Bridge Experiment?
Danish perhaps takes the point a bit far. I think the underlying point about signing players from teams playing a very set and fairly rigid system. Either the role the player will play for us should be fairly similar or there should be real confidence that the player is also good at other stuff than what they're showing at their current club.

I think Ange would take an elite, elite winger. Either side TBH. I, personally, would still love Eze as I think we seriously, seriously need to have quality rotation in those areas plus on the left.
I think the right is more important. Son and Werner way more comfortable on the left. Johnson better on the right, but Kulusevski can play multiple roles and not a great profile fit on the right.

Either an elite winger or an Eze type would be a great addition to the squad.

Doubt anybody would pay half of this

Brentford are holding out for at least £60m for 28-year-old England striker Ivan Toney, who is being monitored by Chelsea and Manchester United. (Independent)

Back