• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I don't see anything wrong with the question at all. Not sure why people have got their nickers in a twist.

Nor would most fans as they think they're entitled to know everything about the budget, who the club might buy, why xxxx is playing as he's xxxx, why is there no Barry Bagels at the ground and many more questions that will never get an answer, I would expect a football "journalist" to ask a question which might get an answer, but maybe "Ange refuses to talk about transfer budget" gets him more hits.

Nor would most fans as they think they're entitled to know everything about the budget, who the club might buy, why xxxx is playing as he's xxxx, why is there no Barry Bagels at the ground and many more questions that will never get an answer, I would expect a football "journalist" to ask a question which might get an answer, but maybe "Ange refuses to talk about transfer budget" gets him more hits.

It did get an answer. "There is stiill some time in the window to have some activity".

How would you expect your question would have been answered?

It did get an answer. "There is stiill some time in the window to have some activity".

How would you expect your question would have been answered?

A typical bland reply like "There some time before the window closes and we'll see what develops" but then I don't expect to hear or read anything interesting at these media events.

A typical bland reply like "There some time before the window closes and we'll see what develops" but then I don't expect to hear or read anything interesting at these media events.

Yet we have heard managers before say "no, i think that's probably it now".

As i said. Nothing wrong with the journalists question or ange's reply. Nothing to see here move on. Find another molehill to try and make into a mountain.

Yet we have heard managers before say "no, i think that's probably it now".

As i said. Nothing wrong with the journalists question or ange's reply. Nothing to see here move on. Find another molehill to try and make into a mountain.

Yeah thanks for the advice, enjoy your mate insightful interviews.

I wonder if Eze is to be the final flourish of this window, although now we have two no9s, Sonny will be our left winger, so maybe it's more likely to be a left back.

Cue the Gallagher thread being opened in three … two … one

I'm aware I'm very much in the minority but I think Gallagher would be a great signing to end the window. Something different to what we have currently (yeah quote this part with something negative).

I'm aware I'm very much in the minority but I think Gallagher would be a great signing to end the window. Something different to what we have currently (yeah quote this part with something negative).
I'm pretty sure the Atletico deal will still happen, but regardless he's a good player and could easily hold his own in comparison to our CMs who can be a bit meh as a collective a lot of the time....

The issue is he's also a bit meh. Hes more of the same and is neither a step above what we have or a an actual DM.

Who do you think he's similar in our current midfield? For me, maybe Sarr in terms of energy but I don't think anyone else has what he does.

In terms of energy I agree it's Sarr. My issue with Gallagher is that he doesn't really offer any better use or care of the ball, so he's a great presser and has energy to run all day but his passing is meh and I think we suffer more with the use of the ball rather than the energy levels of the team. We give it away too cheaply and too easily in counter attack spaces, Gallagher for me doesn't really address that issue, he'd be more of the same. Imo of course.

In terms of energy I agree it's Sarr. My issue with Gallagher is that he doesn't really offer any better use or care of the ball, so he's a great presser and has energy to run all day but his passing is meh and I think we suffer more with the use of the ball rather than the energy levels of the team. We give it away too cheaply and too easily in counter attack spaces, Gallagher for me doesn't really address that issue, he'd be more of the same. Imo of course.

Fair enough, I can understand that. For me, so much of what Ange is about is getting the ball back. Of course, if you don't give it away in the first place then you don't need to get it back, but that's obviously not realistic. IMO Gallagher would fill a big out-of-possession hole, and also add a real goal threat.

All probably pointless...as I don't think Chelsea will sell to us even if the Atletico deal does collapse.

Back