• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

From Ally Gold's interview with Ange after the game yesterday:

It was a big transfer for Tottenham to bring in Solanke, do you anticipate much more movement after that because it would have taken a big amount out of the budget?

You know our budget do you mate?

I would imagine it's taken a chunk of out it....

Look, we'll see, there's still time in the window and I think there'll still be some activity.

It was a big transfer for Tottenham to bring in Solanke, do you anticipate much more movement after that because it would have taken a big amount out of the budget?

Look, we'll see, there's still time in the window and I think there'll still be some activity.
About as close to saying we have real money left to spend and will sign at least another player as you'd get from him I think.

I think Eze will get done. We seem to be trying to find a way to not pay them the huge lump that they want up front, but I bet we end up including Skipp or someone and getting a deal done once the deadline draws closer

I think Eze will get done. We seem to be trying to find a way to not pay them the huge lump that they want up front, but I bet we end up including Skipp or someone and getting a deal done once the deadline draws closer
I also suspect it depends on Palace getting a replacement.
Sarr is a good addition to replace the Olise gap..
I suspect they'll bring Zaha back to replace Eze

Think we will go for a rw. We were in talks for neto. If kulu plays more centrally that is where we are a bit short.

I'm assuming the "do you know our budget" is Ange, maybe it was a joke but that kind of prickly answer is odd - It's not an insane suggestion to suggest that by spending a large sum of money, that may impact the budget in a way that negates the possibility of further movement.

Obviously Ange will not give away our exact intentions/ go in to a summary of our financial position but not sure that being spiky is exactly taking the high road either. Could have just skipped the sass and when straight to the follow up answer.

It'll be interesting to see what we have planned, I'm much happier with dealings now we've got big Dom in but the window's activity still seems to place a lot of pressure on Gray / Bergvall sorting out the mess in midfield.

I'm assuming the "do you know our budget" is Ange, maybe it was a joke but that kind of prickly answer is odd - It's not an insane suggestion to suggest that by spending a large sum of money, that may impact the budget in a way that negates the possibility of further movement.

It definitely reads like that, but the video shows he's being a bit playful. 6:28 here:

It definitely reads like that, but the video shows he's being a bit playful. 6:28 here:

Yeah it's not exactly "heated" as Sky Sports would say but it's still one of those, I guess it's annoying to be obligated to provide some kind of response to mundane questions asked by people who know they won't be able to get a useful answer - It's all a bit of a weird song and dance in regards to football in the media when you think about it

That no Premier League club seems to be interested in Toney is a bit damning.
According to gossip we spoke to him back in January and weren't impressed, Also Arteta apparently met him in March and came away with a poor opinion. Who knows though, Probably gonads, But he really should have pushed to move a year or two ago when his stock was at his highest. After the gambling stuff, his poor finish to the season, and being a year older I guess he's not quite as appealing to many clubs.

Eze makes no sense, unless we're trying to offload Maddison. With Maddison, Kulu, Bergvall, Devine, Donely, Moore - we're absolutely stocked with very good or upcoming ACMs.

We need a winger, especially a right sided one (Eze is left when not central). Solanke (and Spence's renaissance) also means we don't need to buy English for our final signing either.

Basically - I don't think he's even on our radar.

Eze makes no sense, unless we're trying to offload Maddison. With Maddison, Kulu, Bergvall, Devine, Donely, Moore - we're absolutely stocked with very good or upcoming ACMs.

We need a winger, especially a right sided one (Eze is left when not central). Solanke (and Spence's renaissance) also means we don't need to buy English for our final signing either.

Would be a world class signing for covering Udogie ... did you see his cameo for England recently ...

I agree. Just feels like it's on the cards. Would love a surprise like Doue though

I agree. Just feels like it's on the cards. Would love a surprise like Doue though
I think we're just being linked to him because he's the profile of player we usually sign.

Palace will be very reluctant to let him go now, esp after losing Olise and Guehi.

Doue or Bakayoko (rawer, cheaper) - a clever dribbler to compete with Johnson - would be the ideal icing on the cake to this squad

I think we're just being linked to him because he's the profile of player we usually sign.

Palace will be very reluctant to let him go now, esp after losing Olise and Guehi.

Doue or Bakayoko (rawer, cheaper) - a clever dribbler to compete with Johnson - would be the ideal icing on the cake to this squad
Has Guehi gone?

I actually agree. Eze is primarily a ACM but a lot of fans are thinking of him playing on the left which he can do but that's not really where's he's excelled. I agree that a LW is not what I would be looking at now, given we've got the striker so Son is going back to the left.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not exactly "heated" as Sky Sports would say but it's still one of those, I guess it's annoying to be obligated to provide some kind of response to mundane questions asked by people who know they won't be able to get a useful answer - It's all a bit of a weird song and dance in regards to football in the media when you think about it

Press conferences are a complete waste of time solely for the benefit of the media to fill space. Did Ally Gold expect Postercoglu to say "We will be trying sign xxxxxx but will not pay more than xxxxx as we are looking at xxxxxx as well" a better question would have possibly got a better answer.

Back