• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I think he's lost it mentally, not just mentality. Glass jaw, stuck in 90s management mode. Reactive type manager when his bravado speak doesn't work.

He is right about their losing mentality.

Whether he is the right person to change it is a different matter.

Although with supreme man management skills like this, how can he fail?!;

"Some of the boys have already been told they won't be here next year or they can find other clubs. I want to be honest with players and don't want to be stringing experienced players along"

How NOT to motivate players for a cup final.

Whilst admittedly The @rse are simply man for man better in every position by some quite considerable margin than Villa and have had a coherent philosophy ever since Wenger arrived that was simply awful from Villa and indeed from Tim.

To rely utterly on a lumped diagonal ball in to Benteke when it was clear the keeper had orders to come running out for every single one of them, and that they had a 6'7 defender too is just breathtaking.

Obviously Tim had less to work with but the complete lack of anything from every single player under him bar maybe 2 is a disgrace that sits firmly on his lap. It was clear before halftime Villa were showing nothing (even if the orders were to contain Arsenal there was still no desire, no fight, no "cup final-ness" about Villa) and he had 15mins to do something and failed. His subs later changed nothing.

Tim seems to think a winning mentality comes from standing in front of a mirror chanting "i'm gonna fackin' win this!" and then saying the same thing in front of a TV camera. What winning mentality does he have in actual fact as a manager? He's taken non-league into the league? Taken 3rd division into the 2nd? Anything?

Getting slapped 4-0 is no shame IF something had been visible, nothing was.

Tims tactics for the final were to hope that "we might get lucky" and if they did he would have claimed absolute credit for that, and if they didn't, well we see his tactic is to lay blame all around.

Up until yesterday i thought the fact he reeked to me of 90's management was simply because he was playing for us in those days, but its not. You employ Tim and someone may as well employ Andy Townsend.

Felt a little sorry for him yesterday, but they really had no idea what to do out there. Probably not helped by the tactics, but N'Zogbia and Grealish were pretty poor.

Sh1te from Sherwood and Villa, pathetic infact.

Next season, we'll see what he's made of as a manager. He gets to start from...well, the start. Buy and sell a few. No excuses, if it's a mess, it will be his mess.

Next season, we'll see what he's made of as a manager. He gets to start from...well, the start. Buy and sell a few. No excuses, if it's a mess, it will be his mess.

Agreed about next season and Sherwood. This is the test, to be fair he's gotten himself to where he deserves a chance to be tested in this situation. I've always had reservations about Sherwood as a long term manager/head coach, but at Villa he's likely to be able to learn on the job as anything safe from relegation fears next season will be seen as fully acceptable. And that seems like a very achievable target.

No shame for a club where Villa are now to get to a cup final and lose to a much better team. Being outplayed heavily on the day is not great of course, but the difference in class is huge and on their day Arsenal are capable of doing that to teams better than this Villa side imo.

Lets hope he genuinely gets the chance to buy a few and sell a few. Sherwood, one full season, no excuses, thats entertainment.

Edit: If he fails he's got nowhere to go does he. No one will touch him in the Prem, would any lower league club? Thats the danger of not working your way up. High stakes. Lovely :)

A 12 year old could've told you that when the goons have two full-backs that fast, they were going to press Villa's wide men so far back that Benteke will look like an intruder he'll be so isolated. Pathetic lack of tactical acumen.

Lets hope he genuinely gets the chance to buy a few and sell a few. Sherwood, one full season, no excuses, thats entertainment.

Edit: If he fails he's got nowhere to go does he. No one will touch him in the Prem, would any lower league club? Thats the danger of not working your way up. High stakes. Lovely :)

I think that you are letting your dislike of him cloud your judgement here. There are plenty of crap managers who keep getting jobs and Sherwood has done a reasonably good job at Villa so far. I agree that he is a bell end though and that next season will be a test for him. I also curious to see whether he can vary his management style because what we have seen from him so far is going to tinkle off the dressing room in no time.

Well when you have a £100m+ front 4 on 500k a week between them then you expect to outclass a team like Villa.

I think that you are letting your dislike of him cloud your judgement here. There are plenty of crap managers who keep getting jobs and Sherwood has done a reasonably good job at Villa so far. I agree that he is a bell end though and that next season will be a test for him. I also curious to see whether he can vary his management style because what we have seen from him so far is going to tinkle off the dressing room in no time.
I see why you might think so but my dislike of Tim is just a general dislike of anyone who steals praise but disappears from taking a fair proportion of any blame.
Other than that i quite like him in terms of the spectacle he causes.

Again, if he messes up in a clear fashion at Villa next season i can't see him staying in management, sliding into a DOF or youth capacity somewhere yes, management no. Right now i would put him in say the same category as a Chris Ramsey (with the exception of the dignified way Ramsey conducts himself).

If Tim fails at Villa i can't see any reason why any Prem chairman would take a punt on him. He has zero track record of anything that would be attractive to a Championship side AFAICS. ANother possible option might be to join the circus footballus maximus going on at Blackburn.

The best thing that could have happened for Tim would have been a blameless relegation and a first time promotion, followed by Premiership survival the following season. Might even have been the best thing for Villa too. THEN he'd have something to back up his "i'm a winner" stuff.

I think Tim may find himself in the same category as John Barnes by this time next year. Even if you were to compare Tim to Paul Ince at least Ince has had a go at the lower leagues and if you used a fine toothed comb you might be able to find some reason to employ him.

Tough nut/motivational players don't seem to be able to make the transition to management well. Souness, Ince, Keane....Tim?

Would love to see Viera at Saudi Sportswashing Machine if the rumours are even close to being true.

Edit: sorry for double quote.

Without some fluky occurrence or a bad ref call, Villa were never going to beat Arsenal in a big game like that. Blaming Sherwood is irrational. Even Alex Ferguson would not have a made a difference, as they were never going to be good enough.

Without some fluky occurrence or a bad ref call, Villa were never going to beat Arsenal in a big game like that. Blaming Sherwood is irrational. Even Alex Ferguson would not have a made a difference, as they were never going to be good enough.
The problem for me is that it seemed to be Tims ONLY tactic...to hope that some fluky occurence would happen, even at 1-0 down at halftime he did nothing, gracefully poised that if the miraculous did happen 2nd half he would get the acclaim and if the worst happened he could safely point a finger at Villa's lack of winner mentality.

At the very least its well known that if you let Arsenal settle into their passing game and rhythm you are done. What did Villa have to lose going hell for leather the first 20-25mins? He knew Villa were man for man worse all over the pitch, there was nothing to lose from that.

The end result if 1-0/2-0/3-0/4-0 was immaterial, everyone expected it.
It was the 90minute humiliation of shameful non-performance thats got everyone united from neutrals, to villa fans to the arsenal fans, thats worse than at least being praised for having a go for half of one half.

Again it seems clear that Tims only tactic was to hope it was "one of those crazy days"

And as for the manager not really making any possible difference, Jose at Porto says hi. Ferguson at Aberdeen says hi. (bit picky that i know, but...)

Edit: Feel free to ignore that last line as both Jose and SAF had time to build teams to be fair to Tim.

Back