• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

You are going back a long time by referring to that, probably 30 years at least. The game has moved on, I don't know supporters of either club who go to watch both regularly now.

not that old school then? but not new school either?

I guess the truth is most clubs fan bases are complicated, some always put their team first, some prefer the schadenfreude route against a direct rival others (like myself admittedly) have a deep seated hatred of an unrelated club, and to complicate matters more fans will shift between these groups from time to time

It's not fixating, we're saying that the EL is not enough of a carrot to justify wanting Arsenal to win another trophy which we haven't won in 20 years and used to be the most successful side in that same competition. I remember when we were going for 4th during Redknapp's second season and Arsenal clawed their way back into the title race, I was asked if I would accept them winning the title if it meant us qualifying for the CL and I said yes every time.

Can I ask you a question, do you actually enjoy the EL games? Even the away games? I find them excruciating to watch.

Anyone who rather see the Arse lose over Spurs doing something ( and qualifying for the EL is) is fixating on the Arse, you can rap it up with all the excuses it but its what some are doing

I enjoy watching and traveling to see the team I support in Europe yes.

Anyone who rather see the Arse lose over Spurs doing something ( and qualifying for the EL is) is fixating on the Arse, you can rap it up with all the excuses it but its what some are doing

I enjoy watching and traveling to see the team I support in Europe yes.

We will have to disagree on this. I can see why some view the EL is a major priority, but I'm not one of those people. If we managed to get to the quarters/semis, then of course I would believe that the competition would have to take priority, but we've not managed to get past the quarter finals in over 20 years. I don't see why we cannot play the youngsters in the group stages, then play the more experienced players when and if we get past the last 16.

I'm not questioning the travelling as I myself have been abroad to watch Spurs and thoroughly enjoyed it, but do you enjoy the quality of the games? Really?

We will have to disagree on this. I can see why some view the EL is a major priority, but I'm not one of those people. If we managed to get to the quarters/semis, then of course I would believe that the competition would have to take priority, but we've not managed to get past the quarter finals in over 20 years. I don't see why we cannot play the youngsters in the group stages, then play the more experienced players when and if we get past the last 16.

I'm not questioning the travelling as I myself have been abroad to watch Spurs and thoroughly enjoyed it, but do you enjoy the quality of the games? Really?

Some I do some I do not, pretty much the same as games in the Prem and the other cups.

What I do enjoy all the time is the travel and the crack with like minded fans. But as you say we will not agree on this at all.

Really??? or are you just talking about you. I know lots of Spurs fans who care more about what we do rather then fixate on what the Arse do.

I'm not just talking about me, but some older Spurs fans I know (my dad, people I work with). Of course we all want us to do well, but we also like Arsenal to lose. That's not fixating on Arsenal, that's just rivalry.

I'm not just talking about me, but some older Spurs fans I know (my dad, people I work with). Of course we all want us to do well, but we also like Arsenal to lose. That's not fixating on Arsenal, that's just rivalry.

There is nothing wrong with rivalry, but there is something wrong in wanting the Arse to lose when it means it may be worse for us.

There is nothing wrong with rivalry, but there is something wrong in wanting the Arse to lose when it means it may be worse for us.

Where myself and dza disagree with you (if he doesn't mind me speaking for him) is that we don't necessarily agree that we will be worse off for not being in the Europa. In principle, I'm sure all of us would be OK with Arsenal winning a match if it meant long term gain for our club.

The FA cup is almost a nothing trophy now. ...

I believe next year it is the Emirates FA Cup.

NB - NOT the FA Cup 'sponsored by' Emirates as before.

So if we play Arsebrick (sponsored by & badged Emirates), referee is badged Emirates, in the Emirates FA Cup at the Emirates Stadium ...... how fair is that going to look ?

The game is corrupt (note small c).

Where myself and dza disagree with you (if he doesn't mind me speaking for him) is that we don't necessarily agree that we will be worse off for not being in the Europa. In principle, I'm sure all of us would be OK with Arsenal winning a match if it meant long term gain for our club.

Sort of, Jurgen. I'd like us to get Europa League and have a bash at winning it -- but I'm not too fussed about us sneaking in via Arsenal winning the Cup. Finishing high enough and getting in on our own merit, great. Having Arsenal gift it to us via an FA Cup win, I'm not bothered and would happily see Arsenal get tonked by Villa, with Sherwood being mental infront of Wenger to boot.

I don't think not getting a Europa league place would be the end of the world -- it gave Liverpool a boost (Suarez helped too didn't he?!) and I think Utd would have missed out on Champions League this season had they had to handle Europa League as well.

I believe next year it is the Emirates FA Cup.

NB - NOT the FA Cup 'sponsored by' Emirates as before.

So if we play Arsebrick (sponsored by & badged Emirates), referee is badged Emirates, in the Emirates FA Cup at the Emirates Stadium ...... how fair is that going to look ?

The game is corrupt (note small c).

the FA are a disgrace.......how can they allow this domestic club/competition sponsor clash. Yes i know its all about the dosh but it just shouldnt be allowed

I've got a question for you guys, as you probably know more about the business bit on your end than I do. According to local media our bid for Luongo is accepted. And they go on about us also signing some random, apparantly his flate mate of all things. The reason for this because you guys hold a 25% sell on and Swindon Town want as much of the money as possible. By making it a package deal it lowers the sum earmarked for Luongo, thus you won't get what you originally had coming your way. It makes very little sense in my head. Surely this is textbook legal material, but have you guys heard of this?

I've got a question for you guys, as you probably know more about the business bit on your end than I do. According to local media our bid for Luongo is accepted. And they go on about us also signing some random, apparantly his flate mate of all things. The reason for this because you guys hold a 25% sell on and Swindon Town want as much of the money as possible. By making it a package deal it lowers the sum earmarked for Luongo, thus you won't get what you originally had coming your way. It makes very little sense in my head. Surely this is textbook legal material, but have you guys heard of this?

We've done it ourselves, more than once too IIRC. Swap deals or buying more than one player, lowering the official transfer fee for the player with a sell-on clause.

Vorm and Davies for Sigurdsson last summer. Swansea were due to pay Utrecht a percentage for Vorm so we basically got him on a free, "officially".

I don't get how that is legal. Surely you have to pay according to a market value. If you don't it's essentially fraud.

Back