• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

I must admit, I will be watching the FA Cup final for the first time since ... well, since Spurs were last in it, probably.

I shall, of course, be rooting for our PM's favourite team (Burnley? Northampton? The Chorleywood Foxhunters and Molestranglers?).

Meantime, on the subject of Tim Sherwood man-love, have a read of Barney Ronay in the Grauniad [sic].

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/29/tim-sherwood-peter-cook-fa-cup-arsenal

Plenty here for the haters, likers and ambivalents to enjoy ...

"It has been a little too easy for some to dismiss Sherwood as a modern-day reboot of the old shouty English manager," - but that won't stop them doing it anyway.

"Sherwood, at Tottenham and now Villa, has acted as a managerial amphetamine, an easy buzz, a Red Bull appointment." - he is the Jaeger meister!

"No doubt Sherwood’s brashness hasn’t helped, the king-geezer schtick on the touchline, where he looks less like a cutting-edge modern manager and more like a man about to have a fight at a wedding. There is undoubtedly a skein of snobbishness in this, a reaction to the basic tone and style of Sherwood’s short-term success at Villa, which has, nonetheless, been sensational."

"For Arsenal, winning the FA Cup represents a slightly better alternative than not winning the FA Cup, a least good trophy-winning option,"

"Just imagine, for a moment, the celebrations. Sherwood isn’t just going to put the lid on his head, he’s going to eat it. He’s going to climb the arch in his underpants, a corner flag in each ear, pausing only to challenge Pep Guardiola, Alex Ferguson, Herbert Chapman and Mario Zagallo to a mixed martial-arts death match."

Come on Villa!

They are going to get smashed, aren't they?

I must admit, I will be watching the FA Cup final for the first time since ... well, since Spurs were last in it, probably.

I shall, of course, be rooting for our PM's favourite team (Burnley? Northampton? The Chorleywood Foxhunters and Molestranglers?).

Meantime, on the subject of Tim Sherwood man-love, have a read of Barney Ronay in the Grauniad [sic].

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/29/tim-sherwood-peter-cook-fa-cup-arsenal

Plenty here for the haters, likers and ambivalents to enjoy ...

"It has been a little too easy for some to dismiss Sherwood as a modern-day reboot of the old shouty English manager," - but that won't stop them doing it anyway.

"Sherwood, at Tottenham and now Villa, has acted as a managerial amphetamine, an easy buzz, a Red Bull appointment." - he is the Jaeger meister!

"No doubt Sherwood’s brashness hasn’t helped, the king-geezer schtick on the touchline, where he looks less like a cutting-edge modern manager and more like a man about to have a fight at a wedding. There is undoubtedly a skein of snobbishness in this, a reaction to the basic tone and style of Sherwood’s short-term success at Villa, which has, nonetheless, been sensational."

"For Arsenal, winning the FA Cup represents a slightly better alternative than not winning the FA Cup, a least good trophy-winning option,"

"Just imagine, for a moment, the celebrations. Sherwood isn’t just going to put the lid on his head, he’s going to eat it. He’s going to climb the arch in his underpants, a corner flag in each ear, pausing only to challenge Pep Guardiola, Alex Ferguson, Herbert Chapman and Mario Zagallo to a mixed martial-arts death match."

Come on Villa!

The bolded bit just about sums things up for me, sadly...

... unless you have a valid reason for disliking aston villa or one of their staff members or fans for a personal reason of course
woman-slaps-man.jpg

Yeh I'm afraid so. The scousers have shown their class again and basically leaked their interest in our most important player 2 days before the final. Too much noise.

Anyway, at some point we got to start winning finals again. Loss against Chel$ea in 2000. And lost against Man Utd and their referee in 2010. Time to actually stop bottling, but I'm not holding my breath.

The won't get smashed, the Goons always fail to show up. Probably get their usual enormous slice of luck and edge it, though.

... unless you have a valid reason for disliking aston villa or one of their staff members or fans for a personal reason of course

And that reason would be? Because some can't take it that Sherwood replaced their hero AVB?

What possible reason would anyone want our oldest and most hated rival to beat a team that plays over 100 miles away from us that we have almost zero history with?

And that reason would be? Because some can't take it that Sherwood replaced their hero AVB?

What possible reason would anyone want our oldest and most hated rival to beat a team that plays over 100 miles away from us that we have almost zero history with?

I dunno, but I'm sure it's possible, you might have been dumped by randy lerners daughter, or been bullied at school by Agbonlahor

I'm no big Sherwood fan, but for today this a guy who did a decent job as a manager for us, a decent job as a player for us and helped develop some of the talent we see coming through.
Yeah, he is probably a bit of a dingdong, but he is dingdong that has contributed positively to THFC and is now doing a decent job in the next stage of his career.
Despite how incredulous he will become, I'm on Tim's side today

Reactions: DTA
Come on Tim!
Any Spurs fan NOT supporting Timmeh (or at least Villa) on today's FA Cup Final needs to be bunt at an online stake.
Galeforce, i fear you might be first in line...

all I did was point out that independent opinions are fine, it's just football, there's no thought crime here

it's all personal choice, there are no rules for who you should support or hate, just like music, it's all subjective, like whatever you like

all I did was point out that independent opinions are fine, it's just football, there's no thought crime here

it's all personal choice, there are no rules for who you should support or hate, just like music, it's all subjective, like whatever you like

Yada Yada Yada...come on you Villa!;)

Back