• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

"Spurs finished sixth in the league during Pochettino’s first season in charge last term..."

Not too sure I trust their figures.

What's the issue here I don't get it? It is tough for us to compete because of the financial gap, good to have a manager who understands that, no demanding 30m+ players to be able to do his job properly - I remember sometime last season Poch was interviewed on Spanish radio and said similar things - that we can't go toe to toe with those above and have to be smarter.

Or have I missed the point and we're talking about the fact they said 6th instead of 5th?

What's the issue here I don't get it? It is tough for us to compete because of the financial gap, good to have a manager who understands that, no demanding 30m+ players to be able to do his job properly - I remember sometime last season Poch was interviewed on Spanish radio and said similar things - that we can't go toe to toe with those above and have to be smarter.

Or have I missed the point and we're talking about the fact they said 6th instead of 5th?
The name of the OP should give you a clue.

Tottenham_Goal_Difference_1415.png

Adjusted to this season's fixture list it looks like this:

Tottenham_Goal_Difference_1516.png

We're perilously close to having to make top 3 in 2016/17 to qualify for CL!
If Serie A does usurp the PL and we got 3rd that season but the Champions League plus Europa League were both won by English clubs finishing below us, would we miss out again like in 2012?!

If Serie A does usurp the PL and we got 3rd that season but the Champions League plus Europa League were both won by English clubs finishing below us, would we miss out again like in 2012?!
Don't remind me of 2012. I couldn't believe how lucky those bastards got to win the CL. The were outplayed in the QFs, SFs, and final and still managed to come out on top. We could use such luck, once in a while.

If we don't win a trophy in the next 3 years, this will be officially our worst decade since the 1940s. We have won atleast 1 trophy in each of the 6 decades since the 1950s. In other words, we have never gone more than 10 years without winning a trophy since 1951 : league, FA Cup, League Cup or European trophy. We are one of the few clubs to have that proud record. In fact, ManU are the only other club in England who can claim that. Not even Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea or ManCity have such a record.

Levy better make sure we win a trophy within the next 3 years. Or the history books will never forgive him ! He will then be known as the worst chairman to manage Spurs in 60 years !

If we don't win a trophy in the next 3 years, this will be officially our worst decade since the 1940s. We have won atleast 1 trophy in each of the 6 decades since the 1950s. In other words, we have never gone more than 10 years without winning a trophy since 1951 : league, FA Cup, League Cup or European trophy. We are one of the few clubs to have that proud record. In fact, ManU are the only other club in England who can claim that. Not even Ar5ena1, Liverpool, Chel53a or ManCity have such a record.

Levy better make sure we win a trophy within the next 3 years. Or the history books will never forgive him ! He will then be known as the worst chairman to manage Spurs in 60 years !

Surely it's 5 years, no? This is 2015,

isn't it?

Surely it's 5 years, no? This is 2015,

isn't it?

This is the 2015/16 season. Since we are already out of the League Cup which is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy, we can count this season out. As ever, winning the FA Cup or Europa League is beyond our reach ! That leaves us with only the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons in this decade. 2019/20 will be start of the new decade. Levy better do something within that period, either make the team good enough to win a trophy or give the chairman's post to someone else ! Surely, he don't want to be known as the worst ever Spurs chairman !

Levy's main mistake was appointing 2 managers who can't win a trophy in the magical year that ends with "1" : Hoddle in 2001 and Redknapp in 2011. We were fortunate the legendary Ramos won us Worth.Cup in 2008. But we are not so fortunate in this decade so far.

Last edited:
This is the 2015/16 season. Since we are already out of the League Cup which is our only realistic chance of winning a trophy, we can count this season out. As ever, winning the FA Cup or Europa League is beyond our reach ! That leaves us with only the 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons in this decade. 2019/20 will be start of the new decade. Levy better do something within that period, either make the team good enough to win a trophy or give the chairman's post to someone else ! Surely, he don't want to be known as the worst ever Spurs chairman !

Levy's main mistake was appointing 2 managers who can't win a trophy in the magical year that ends with "1" : Hoddle in 2001 and Redknapp in 2011. We were fortunate the legendary Ramos won us Worth.Cup in 2008. But we are not so fortunate in this decade so far.

I wouldn't write us off for the FA Cup or Europa just yet, but I agree it's unlikely.

Fair point though, hadn't thought about it that the 2019/2020 season is actually the start of a new decade in terms of trophies.

Total distance covered - Premier League teams 2015/16

Bournemouth 696.9 km
Man Utd 688.8 km
Tottenham 688.1 km
West Ham 684.6 km
West Brom 677.8 km
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 673 km
Leicester City 665.1 km
Southampton 656.1 km
Watford 655.5 km
Crystal Palace 650.9 km
Liverpool 650.5 km
Chelsea 649.6 km
Emirates Marketing Project 648.7 km
Swansea City 643.8 km
Sunderland 638.7 km
Arsenal 637 km
Everton 635.3 km
Stoke City 631.6 km
Aston Villa 627.4 km
Norwich City 621.7 km

Most ground covered - Premier League 2015/16

James Milner 74.8 km
Jack Colback 71.8 km
Andrew Surman 70.8 km
Aaron Ramsey 70.7 km
Mark Noble 70.4 km

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rther-than-Manchester-United-this-season.html

I guess our players must be sharing the kms, while Milner is doing all the running at Liverpool and Ramsey at Arsenal.

Back