• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Say it to me.

And I'll report you.

Shows the weakness of your argument when you cry racism. fudging bottle job

I was pointing out that your asccusations about the Chinese team aren't based on any evidence. We have no reason to call them cheats. I'm not attempting to counter any arguments on parallels with the history of the Soviet team etc.

If China's medal haul from today had instead been taken by Austraila, USA or Britain would you still assert that they're drug abusing spivs?

Personally I prefer to judge the achievements of Olympic athletes as individuals without preconceptions or predudice on their nationality.

Totally addicted to the volleyball, all types of it, it's really fast and entertaining. Of course the Women's beach volleyball was the best (except aussies v yanks, they were rough) but they've all been good to watch. Will say though, this indoor Turkey V Brazil match has lots of ladies that are easy on the eye. Turkey has some real lookers.

This volleyball is awesome, will watch more in the next few weeks.

The pace seems quite high on the women's game, the men's must be rapid

This volleyball is awesome, will watch more in the next few weeks.

The pace seems quite high on the women's game, the men's must be rapid

I watch GB v Canada mens beach earlier and it was lightning, it must be even more so between two teams who are actually good at it haha

mail111.jpg

Quality Journalism. Like calling Shevchenko a nobody because he's from Ukraine.

Say it to me.

And I'll report you.

Shows the weakness of your argument when you cry racism. fudging bottle job

Firstly, I personally am thinking along the same lines as you with regards to the Chinese athletes.

Secondly, if I go into work on Monday and whilst discussing the Chinese achievements over the weekend say "they are all drugs cheats so I dont count them" ... I'm pretty sure there would be an awkward silence and it would sound pretty bad. If you wikipedia the term racism, it probably would count as a form of it.

Now thats not saying you or myself are racists and hate all people with different skin, and I doubt anyone who has mentioned racism thinks that based on these views. But what we have done probably does count as (mild) racial discrimination (probably something everyone does at some time, whether they admit it or not).

Although saying that about Chinese athletes, I work with a Chinese man and he told me when he came over to England to go to university, his friends who were on a table tennis team assumed that because he was Chinese he would be good at it and had to join their team. Well turns out they were right and he had actually got to a high standard with his coach back in China ranked 3 in the world at one time. The coach had recommended he go away to a table tennis school where he would do 10 hours a day practise. His mum never let him go as it basically meant he would get no education, but apparently this sort of thing is common if you are good at any sport. So maybe it is wrong of me to be suspicious that they are cheating, perhaps they just put far more effort into it.

Last edited:
And on today's sporting action... so glad I never got tickets to any of this brick. I was looking forward to the Olympics but today I watched hours of tv and was bored by a lot of it. I couldnt handle a full day watching these events live, there will be some good moments but generally these are sports that no one is interested in outside of the Olympics. Watching on TV is perfect as you can flick between these dull sports and find good bits.

Oh and that Cavendish bloke comes across as a tw@t. First time I've seen him speak and he was a bitter loser.

Disappointed for Cav, but listening to his interview he was spot on. Teams were willing to relinquish their own chances for a medal to stop Cavendish winning gold.

As I've said, if I'm Greipel or Goss I'd be furious at the way my team has played that race. A group finish favoured teams like Germany and Australia to win a medal, even knowing Cav is likely to win Gold at least they could get Silver and Bronze rather than finishing 33rd and below.

It's pretty standard stuff for the non-sprinters to pull away during the race and challenge the sprinters to keep up. Happens in all distance events, not just cycling. Those that broke away knew that if Cavendish was within reach at the end of the race, they had no chance of winning.

It's not about picking on poor Cav, it's about playing to their strengths.

As for Austraia, O'Grady finished 6th and was always a better medal shout than Goss. Top effort, no complaints about costing us a potential medal.

As said before, GB and Germans fudged up. They didn't expect the breakaway to hold out. Germans were counting on GB to maintain the speed in the peleton so they reserved their energy for the sprint. Both nations were too busy worrying about each other.

Last edited:
Who is that in the twitter photo?

I have enjoyed watching the swimming and rowing. The gymnastics was very good gotta admit. Everything else is a bit boring.

I gotta admit, and I know LOCOG are aware of it, the whole empty seats thing is very very strange. Surely people wouldnt pay and go through the lengthy process of getting tickets just to end not turning up.

Who is that in the twitter photo?

I have enjoyed watching the swimming and rowing. The gymnastics was very good gotta admit. Everything else is a bit boring.

I gotta admit, and I know LOCOG are aware of it, the whole empty seats thing is very very strange. Surely people wouldnt pay and go through the lengthy process of getting tickets just to end not turning up.

The empty seats were never on sale, they were reserved by the IOC for themselves, sponsors and the "Olympic family".

The empty seats were never on sale, they were reserved by the IOC for themselves, sponsors and the "Olympic family".

Really? Why then did Locog have to 'investigate'? I dont think ALL were reserved. The Gymnastics had more empty seats than full seats. It is ridiculous if that was the case though.

Jordi - you know whose in the photo - she is hot?

Really? Why then did Locog have to 'investigate'? I dont think ALL were reserved. The Gymnastics had more empty seats than full seats. It is ridiculous if that was the case though.

Jordi - you know whose in the photo - she is hot?

The filename says Stephanie Rice.

An investigation would at least reveal who didn't turn up. Some seats are set aside for members of IOC, athletes competing in other sports and such and those shouldn't amount to that much.

Thanks Jordi

Thats ridiculous that they didnt turn up at the expense of the public who would have gone. It just looks brick on tv like people cant be bothered to turn up etc

Stephanie Rice. That 16 year old smashed her world record on the 400m IM last night.

Apparantly Kobe Bryant is having a go.

i WATCHED SOME WOMENS VOLLEYBALL YESTERDAY. USA V AUS

Usa team had this real hottie - great great amazing chunky butt. not skinny grrrrrr

Back