• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Yes. Let's just ignore their record in this area.

The East Germans of the modern era. The need for national pride in communist regimes dictates a lack of morality in this area.

Yes. Let's just ignore their record in this area.

The East Germans of the modern era. The need for national pride in communist regimes dictates a lack of morality in this area.

I have no doubt there will be a few drugs cheats at the Olympics, but hopefully they drugs test every medal winner (at the very least every gold) and if they pass then that's that.

If you start claiming even those who pass drugs tests are still cheats, then you might as well not bother watching because you have made up your mind that the winners from countries you don't like are cheats.

India had the amuse population. Australia has 20 million. Population has nowt to do with it. They are all drug cheats IMO.

Based on what? Where is the evidence for this. Fair play to anyone who wins a Gold medal for their country, unless they're Chinese in which case in which they're "cheating qunts and spivs" as you call them.

The US dominated the Olympic medal tables for many decades. Are they also all drug cheats or does this rule only apply to yellow people?

Yes I've made my mind up and no I'll watch thanks.

I just discount and Chinese achievement.

I'm staggered you think current tests are infallible!!

Yes I've made my mind up and no I'll watch thanks.

I just discount and Chinese achievement.

I'm staggered you think current tests are infallible!!

I don't for a second think they are infallible, but the reality is that if there is this substance floating around that makes people better and it's undetectable, who's to say all the British athletes aren't taking it? Or the Americans? Or the Jamaicans?

Britain seems to come from nowhere in Cycling in the last few years to be the dominant team, probably drugs. Same with the Jamaican sprinters.

Rebecca Adlington was as much of an unknown in 2008.

45 kgs

Let's see where she competes. How much independent drug testing she has undergone. Most Chinese competitors stay in china and only appear for champs.

For a reason

I don't for a second think they are infallible, but the reality is that if there is this substance floating around that makes people better and it's undetectable, who's to say all the British athletes aren't taking it? Or the Americans? Or the Jamaicans?

Britain seems to come from nowhere in Cycling in the last few years to be the dominant team, probably drugs. Same with the Jamaican sprinters.

Yeah. Jamaicans have been brick at athletics for years.

Knowledge fail.

We comply with WADA and our athletes are the most tested in the old alongside many other countrys. China doesn't.

Bloods stay on record so long now that I'd be shocked if there was any mass doping going on by any country, everyone knows they'd just be caught in a few years time when testing techniques catch up with the drugs and samples are retested. Individuals may rush it but whole nations wouldn't imo.

China do so well because for the last decade they've been plowing money into elite sports and putting kids through elite training camps based on their physical attributes. Similar to the old Soviet systems, you train them young enough then as long as they meet the physical stature required they'll end up rather good and there will be plenty of them! They even started screening parents to try and find genetic matches whose children would be worth keeping tabs on.

Yes. They have lot of similarities itch the old Soviet system!! :)

So what if the samples can't be tested. The glory and Chinese athletes on podiums is hat matters to them.

Yeah. Jamaicans have been brick at athletics for years.

Knowledge fail.

We comply with WADA and our athletes are the most tested in the old alongside many other countrys. China doesn't.

Jamaica
Pre 2008: 2 sprinters all-time had run sub 10-second 100m
Since 2008: 9 sprinters have run sub 10-second 100m

Where's my knowledge fail there exactly?

Chinese have actually sent half as many athletes as they had at Beijing. When asked why, their head honcho said it's because they cannot hope to compete with US dominance.

Either extreme humility or supreme overconfidence...

Yes. They have lot of similarities itch the old Soviet system!! :)

So what if the samples can't be tested. The glory and Chinese athletes on podiums is hat matters to them.

Pretty much this. 1993 World Championship Women's 3000m was the most obvious drugged performance I've ever seen. They were never caught although their coach was done in previous years. But no one gives a brick apart from Sonia O'Sullivan who finished 4th behind 3 chinese girls who came from nowhere to break world records and then disappear again.

Surely that's true of a lot of athletics, once a World Record has been broken its amazing how many other athletes are suddenly able to record times and distances which are an improvement on the broken World Record.

Times and distances are getting quicker and longer respectively as the youth evolve and become stronger than their elders. Better technology supports these improvements as does better understanding of science and therefore improved preparation and work outs leading to the finals.

I think questions will always be asked about successful athletes but I'd like to think that 'innocent until proven guilty' should remain the mantra and that we don't start accusing the successful simply because they are successful.

Back