• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

About his level really !!

Anthony Joshua says he is prepared to fight old rival Dillian Whyte on his return to action next year.

Joshua, 33, is considering his potential next opponents after losing a rematch with Oleksandr Usyk in August.

Joshua, who beat Whyte in 2015, says Swede Otto Wallin and Croat Filip Hrgovic are also options.

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

Whyte and Joshua's rivalry has endured over the years, with both men repeatedly saying they are open to a rematch.

Whyte, 34, is also looking to bounce back from defeat by Tyson Fury on 26 November when he fights American Jermaine Franklin in London.

Joshua is recovering from his third defeat and the first successive losses of his career.

But the Watford fighter says he does not want an easy fight on his return.

"As much as it's about becoming a champion, I always felt like it was important for me to fight the best in my era," he said.

"Because there was this whole stigma about cherry picking.

"If you want to get to get to the top, you have to take risks - calculated risks - but you definitely have to take risks. And I just like taking risks."

He added: "It's not how popular a fighter you are that makes you a good fighter, it's how good a fighter you are that will make you popular."

"I'll never underestimate anyone I step in the ring with. That's how we have to think.

"Everyone is a solid competitor. And that'll make me raise my game."

About his level really !!

Anthony Joshua says he is prepared to fight old rival Dillian Whyte on his return to action next year.

Joshua, 33, is considering his potential next opponents after losing a rematch with Oleksandr Usyk in August.

Joshua, who beat Whyte in 2015, says Swede Otto Wallin and Croat Filip Hrgovic are also options.

"I like fighting good opponents," Joshua told DAZN. "Yeah, I'll fight Otto. Yeah, I'll fight Dillian. I'll fight Hrgovic."

Whyte and Joshua's rivalry has endured over the years, with both men repeatedly saying they are open to a rematch.

Whyte, 34, is also looking to bounce back from defeat by Tyson Fury on 26 November when he fights American Jermaine Franklin in London.

Joshua is recovering from his third defeat and the first successive losses of his career.

But the Watford fighter says he does not want an easy fight on his return.

"As much as it's about becoming a champion, I always felt like it was important for me to fight the best in my era," he said.

"Because there was this whole stigma about cherry picking.

"If you want to get to get to the top, you have to take risks - calculated risks - but you definitely have to take risks. And I just like taking risks."

He added: "It's not how popular a fighter you are that makes you a good fighter, it's how good a fighter you are that will make you popular."

"I'll never underestimate anyone I step in the ring with. That's how we have to think.

"Everyone is a solid competitor. And that'll make me raise my game."
Yawn.

@markysimmo embroiled in yet another "hating someone because of where they're from" shocker :eek:

It's sad how one can see that fight and the respect displayed at the end and still walk away focused on such trivialities.

UFC have been crushing it for a good while, worlds apart from boxing in that you actually get the best going against each other no questions no slimy agents back and forth in the media, just stacked card after stacked card.

@markysimmo embroiled in yet another "hating someone because of where they're from" shocker :eek:

It's sad how one can see that fight and the respect displayed at the end and still walk away focused on such trivialities.

UFC have been crushing it for a good while, worlds apart from boxing in that you actually get the best going against each other no questions no slimy agents back and forth in the media, just stacked card after stacked card.

No slimey agents but they are getting ripped off by the owner of the sport, other than maybe 3 fighters in its history he keeps the money for himself, no one getting as rich as they should be, for better or worse.

But I agree with the rest TBH and the whole Jake Paul influence in boxing is making it an even bigger joke, honestly just caught 10 mins LG the thing in Dubai today and its cringy as fooook

Chisora is a fudging warrior though, how he took as much as he did without getting knocked spark out was insane

Usyk looks rattled (not)

When you're living through the atrocities and hell inflicted on your homeland....it probably puts perspective on a different level.
It was all a big put on to hype up the unification fight
They panned back to Fury & Usyk/Joyce when the camera wasn't right on them and they were all shaking hands, laughing

Back