• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Yep so much for the promoters wanting to make the fights the public want to see !!

When it comes to AJ/Fury, I am of the thinking both sides had no real interest in getting it done, all PR gonads. Simple fact is, if Fury wanted the fight, there would have been no ridiculous unrealistic public deadlines and if AJ/Hearn wanted it, they'd be trying to negotiate still.

I wouldn't be shocked if the biggest barrier was the DAZN/BT Sport PPV hurdle they'd need to get over.

When it comes to AJ/Fury, I am of the thinking both sides had no real interest in getting it done, all PR gonad*s. Simple fact is, if Fury wanted the fight, there would have been no ridiculous unrealistic public deadlines and if AJ/Hearn wanted it, they'd be trying to negotiate still.

I wouldn't be shocked if the biggest barrier was the DAZN/BT Sport PPV hurdle they'd need to get over.

Talk is that they want profile and confidence builders to repair AJ, Matchroom has too much money invested in his new contract and as much as the Fury fight makes they see another defeat as end of days for him long term.

Fury talks alot of crap mostly with the intention to wind people up, but I genuinely think he would have no issue going Fury - Usyk - retire if it could be made

They apparently switched from Cardiff to our stadium because it makes more financial sense but its a huge risk no? Open air in December!

I can think of better things to be doing than sitting outside for a few hours in freezing conditions waiting to watch a Chisora fight!
Fingers crossed these kind of events make us a decent amount of income though.

I can think of better things to be doing than sitting outside for a few hours in freezing conditions waiting to watch a Chisora fight!
Fingers crossed these kind of events make us a decent amount of income though.

Same and I cannot help but think the prices are a stretch.

But we get a base rental and F&B money from these things so its not our thing to really worry about too much. Something like 5m rental for the ground, you take that on a normally empty night

A friend asked me to go, I wasn't really interested but tney checked and the cheapest tickets left were 280 a pop each!

A friend asked me to go, I wasn't really interested but tney checked and the cheapest tickets left were 280 a pop each!
I looked as me and the mrs love going but cheapest was £225 and that was at 12.10pm

Cheapest in the South Stand is in Block 260, £150 each but want £40 for fees/postage
I thought all that gonads was stopped by the government years ago

Last edited:
So has it sold well then? Not a fight I am interested in watching but a night out at the boxing is a good time, imagine our stadium is quite good for it too.

So has it sold well then? Not a fight I am interested in watching but a night out at the boxing is a good time, imagine our stadium is quite good for it too.
It looks like all of the £65 tickets have gone and a fair chunk of the £85 one's have too
Obviously all the expensive ringside seats will go, they always do

and yes our stadium is awesome for it, the AJ fight was a brilliant occasion which showed up the very best of our ground

It looks like all of the £65 tickets have gone and a fair chunk of the £85 one's have too
Obviously all the expensive ringside seats will go, they always do

and yes our stadium is awesome for it, the AJ fight was a brilliant occasion which showed up the very best of our ground

Hopefully some Google staff are lurking and feed that back...

50,000 tickets sold on day 1 apparently, so likely a sell out come fight night.

Not bad for a total turd of a fight.

Back