• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Everton looking a far far better team than last season already. Looking at them so far they look to be well in the hunt for Top 6 finish

Everton looking a far far better team than last season already. Looking at them so far they look to be well in the hunt for Top 6 finish

To be fair they massively underachieved last season...looking at their next few fixtures they could rack up quite a healthy points total!

Top 7 already having a familiar feel about it.

To be fair they massively underachieved last season...looking at their next few fixtures they could rack up quite a healthy points total!

Top 7 already having a familiar feel about it.

Indeed.

Watching Sunderland tonight I will be very disappointed if we dont rack up another 3 points next Sunday

Sunderland...........got thier work cut out this season, yet again!

Lukaku looks a beast tonight. They will be much better this season if they look after Lukaku.

Last edited:
Everton look pretty serious this season. Koeman a very good manager.
Add them to a group already containing City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea (not to mention champions Leicester) and it is a very difficult season to predict. All these teams capable of taking points off one another

Talkbricke, focussing on the 'hard done by' Chelsea and Cahill, for the Swansea 2nd goal, I agree, was a mistake and should have been disallowed.

However, not a word about Costa 's dangerous kick for Ckelsea's 2nd. Coasts clearly boots Naughton in head, should also have been disallowed.
Therefore, a draw was fair result.

Chelsea bleating could not have something to do with putting psychological pressure on refs for future upcoming decisions to be in Chelsea's favour, could they?

Media totally biased yet again.

This is what gets my goat all the time. If it had been the other way around, with Costa, say, scoring after getting away with fouling a Swansea defender, it would barely have got a mention. It'd have been "Oh, well, that's football, sometimes they go for you, sometimes they go against you, it all evens itself out, blah blah," and it would have been completely dropped by now, like the foul on Long just before Arse's "penalty" on Saturday.

Were there any serious bids for Lukaku over the summer?

Nope

They were talking about him on the radio this morning and someone called him "trampoline shins" due to hai awful first touch and control. It's why he won't make that step up Imo... He is also too streaky for a top striker and for the rumoured £60m

Everton do look better but haven't played anyone other than us and lack depth in defence and up front. They are much improved but I don't see them lasting the pace

Nope

They were talking about him on the radio this morning and someone called him "trampoline shins" due to hai awful first touch and control. It's why he won't make that step up Imo... He is also too streaky for a top striker and for the rumoured £60m

Everton do look better but haven't played anyone other than us and lack depth in defence and up front. They are much improved but I don't see them lasting the pace

For a guy who is supposed to be worth 60 mill he has the first touch of a elephant and i agree he is a streaky player. As for Everton i said in the summer that they are a big club ( and got stick for saying that) but i do think now they have a proper manager they will improve and push the top teams over the next couple of seasons.

I played in the States in late70's early 80's and during that time they tried that, it was perfection and it was soon got rid of after the trail period.

As for fitness levels, all refs have to go through a tough fitness program and its not easy to pass. They are never going to be as fast/fit as the players who in most cases are much younger, but they are not unfit. I would hazard a guess and say most fans would struggles to pass the test they have to do.
I did the test this spring, and to be approved to referee up to div.3 (4th level) I had to complete the following:
22 runs of 150 meters, each run in less than 30 seconds
35 runs of 40 meters, each run in less than 6,2 seconds
Cooper test (12 minutes of running): minmum distance 2750 meters.

All of the above have to be completed within 1 hour. The tests for the top divsions (FIFA-test) are MUCH harder.

Edited for @scaramanga

Last edited:
I did the test this spring, and to be approved to referee up div.3 (4th level) I had to complete the following:
22 runs of 150 meters in less than 30 seconds
I don't think they wanted you if they're setting that as the requirement.

Usain Bolt would take about 5.5 minutes to do that.

Still no fewer than four headline articles on the BBC Prem page about how Cheatski were robbed, plus Conte's post-match interview (although, to be fair to him, he didn't make a big issue of it, despite the interviewer's attempt to encourage him). No mention of anybody else's grievances — Saints, for example, only of Wenger's "relief".

Last edited:
Still no fewer than four headline articles on the BBC Prem page about how Cheatski were robbed, plus Conte's post-match interview (although, to be fair to him, he didn't make a big issue of it, despite the interviewer's attempt to encourage him). No mention of anybody else's grievances — Saints, for example, only of Wenger's "relief".

That's only because they have an ex-Chelsea striker working for them apparently.

I'm no fan of the BBC but at least MOTD2 and Chris Sutton have made the multiple fouls on Cahill the main talking point.

I understand SKY were persuing their usual anti-Costa agenda

It sounds cliche but the ref had a clear impact on today's game and did indeed cost us points. It is incredible that Amat stayed on the pitch

Bloody hell, the BBC on our side? What is happening? Is the Jose effect wearing off?

He got kicked, elbowed, pushed, shoved, head butted yet just carried on. He didn't react at all and was a joy to watch. He gets so much unfair criticism as he is the pantomime villain, which I don't mind but what I do mind is the fact that the two centre halfs yesterday were an absolute disgrace yet it seems to be ok because it was Costa. Wouldn't blame him at all if he wanted to leave.

Back to SKY and although Niall Quinn was effusive in his praise for Costa (and rightly so) he incensed me by saying that the Swansea centre halves will wake up this morning , knowing they'd been in a game , nursing all the bumps and bruises Costa had give them. That , frankly is a nonsense , Costa barely laid a paw on them as he was concentrating more on getting around the pitch in one piece seeing as whenever he moved Amat kicked him.

That Amat and Fer finished the game should , if all is right in the world finish Marriner as a top rank official , the Fer assault on Cahill for Swansea's second goal should probably go down in the record books as : Goal - Fer , Assist - Marriner.

Still, in fairness a Chelsea win or for that matter an Arsenal draw ( Southampton were robbed too) doesn't fit the narrative.

Marriner's dodgy behavior started a few years ago when he quite rightly gave us a pen in the final minute for a foul on Ramirez. For that inexcusable action he was humiliated and forced to apologise to Steve Clarke in public . Once bitten twice shy.

1990.jpg

Back