• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Without a shred of exaggeration I think that anyone who watched Manure tonight saw the best performance in the history of sport. Mou is the smartest, most charming manager in the history of the universe and Ibra deserves his place as the most talented, strongest, inventive footballer since time began.

Not forgetting Mou's handicap £150m net spend.

that ball was 16ft in the air when Zlatan made contact

16ft
That's 4,87m for us foreign fans. With Zlatan being 1,95m tall, it means he jumped about three meters up in the air before heading the ball.

Javier Sotomayor's high jump world record is 2,45m.

Just saying.

I was at work tonight so didn't see the game but the last couple of pages this thread shows Uniteds approach is working - people are watching a United team with Pogba & Ibra in the line up managed by that twunt.

I was at work tonight so didn't see the game but the last couple of pages this thread shows Uniteds approach is working - people are watching a United team with Pogba & Ibra in the line up managed by that twunt.

Pogba was pretty good tonight, it was a theme of the game that he would win possession deep, break a tackle and help United break, I'm sure United fans were excited by his debut

You are correct - I have no time for the manager what so ever.
I watched Man U only to see if they lose. But I watch most football teams.

I admire Pogba and Ibrahimovic it is now tainted due to the manager not so much the team it's self.

Pogba is like that big kid in the playground. It looks ridiculous. At times southampton players couldnt get near him.

Utd have the strongest spine in the PL imo with DeGea, Bailly, Pogba and Ibrahimovic

Plenty of speed in the side, passing is now faster and progressive, goalscorers galore. If they keep it tight at the back the title is theirs.

Pogba looked annoyingly excellent, but it was kind of like the Soton players were in awe of him, they didn't back themselves in challenges against him and weren't smart about where to show him or to nick the ball away.

He looked great, but then so did Mido on his debut for us before anyone knew what to make of him. He's athletic and skillful but if other players use their bodies and skill in the right way against him he isn't going to unbeatable.

And United look like they have a good team but I wouldn't be handing them the title just yet. They aren't unbeatable.

I thought I had read all the new rules for this season. Did I miss the one where City get a penalty in every match. 3rd match of the season and that's 4 already

No wonder Aguero is on 6 goals, should really be on 8 after 2 1/2 matches

Both Manchesters in pole position already, wouldnt surprise me if they both stay 1 and 2 form here on in. Think we are all in a battle to finish in the places behind them, which will be a tough challenge as it is with Liverpool and Chelsea having no Euro committments to stretch their squads

Leicester and Tottenham upset the applecart last season. Sky will have made provisions for that to not happen again..whatever is needed

It had crossed my mind.... Stoke just rolled over, as did Saints last night. Chelsea with their customary last min goal by a player who shouldn't have been on the field... normal service resumed.

Although some may consider it overkill but today is kind of a must win... we simply must get points on the board against the "weaker" teams to give us a chance, considering our involvement the CL this year.

It had crossed my mind.... Stoke just rolled over, as did Saints last night. Chelsea with their customary last min goal by a player who shouldn't have been on the field... normal service resumed.

Yes. Think it could be another 20 years before a team has a season like Leicester did, which it makes so frustrating we missed our big chance. I have no doubt we will challenge many more times in the near future, but last season was such a massive massive chance to win the damn thing.
Coming away from the Britannia that Monday night was the first and only time I really began to believe we could actually do it, before that it was just a dream.

As it happened, that was as good as it got

Yes. Think it could be another 20 years before a team has a season like Leicester did, which it makes so frustrating we missed our big chance. I have no doubt we will challenge many more times in the near future, but last season was such a massive massive chance to win the damn thing.
Coming away from the Britannia that Monday night was the first and only time I really began to believe we could actually do it, before that it was just a dream.

As it happened, that was as good as it got

Well, my Sky has been cancelled this season... I'm sure i won't miss it. Year on year it has become as contrived as WWF.

Back