• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I like Cabaye (not like that...as a footballer).

It's ok, I bet toon fans treat him like we treat Kranjcar.

What was up with that bench dip they all did as a celebration after the second?

As for having cisse, he actually makes their chances pay-off so they can still be deadly when more holding players on the field.

What are you lot on?

We've won one game in the last decade and will be finishing 6th, whether you like it or not.

Face it, and breathe.

Last time I checked they'd won five in a row.

I'm talking generally. It never ceases to amaze me how season after season people never learn! Our rivals lose, we going to do it! They win, it's all over! We lose, it's all over! We win, we're going to do it! :lol: Literally from one week to the next it's like this, it just makes me chuckle how reactive people are to short term form or results.

I'm talking generally. It never ceases to amaze me how season after season people never learn! Our rivals lose, we going to do it! They win, it's all over! We lose, it's all over! We win, we're going to do it! :lol: Literally from one week to the next it's like this, it just makes me chuckle how reactive people are to short term form or results.

I agree with that. Football fans struggle with perspective.

The main reason we are concerned is because we are in absolutely brick form and playing without confidence at the moment

The Toon still have to play Everton, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, im sorry but thats a horrid set of fixtures

The main reason we are concerned is because we are in absolutely brick form and playing without confidence at the moment

Yeah exactly. It's not rocket science, is it? They're about to go six in a row. We've won 1 in 8. Obviously fans with superior intellect like TMK can brush over all this.

why Stoke do not play 10 in defense relying on throws, corners and free kicks to get a goal (like they always play against us) is beyond me!

The Toon still have to play Everton, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, im sorry but thats a horrid set of fixtures

Wigan away won't be easy either! In fact Everton away may be their "easiest" remaining fixture after today, and by the time they play them they may already be mathematically out of the race.

Yeah exactly. It's not rocket science, is it? They're about to go six in a row. We've won 1 in 8. Obviously fans with superior intellect like TMK can brush over all this.

No need to be a dingdong about it! I'm not belittling Saudi Sportswashing Machine's decent form, or dismissing ours. Our home form concerns me more than our away form. I think Chelsea (especially considering their great current form) and Sunderland away draws were both good performances AND results. Stoke at home was a good enough performance, but a poor result. Norwich was a poor performance AND result and that worries me massively.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's away wins against Swansea and WBA were fantastic, but let's not forget that four of their six wins (not that they've beaten Stoke yet) have come at home and against teams you'd expect them to beat at home. Prior to this great run they took 2 points out of a possible 12, including poor home draws against Wolves and Sunderland.

What does all the above prove? Not a lot. After 38 games we'll see what anything proves. Up until then, it doesn't mean an awful lot.

Exactly. Forget others; if we carry on playing as we are then we heading for 6th

From our last 6 Premiership games, we were bad against Norwich. VERY bad. Other than that, I don't think we played badly. Let's put it this way, if we play against QPR like we did against Everton (even though we lost I felt we played well and certainly didn't deserve the defeat), Chelsea (deserved to win) or Sunderland (we were the better side, but a draw was a fair result) away then we're more likely to walk out winners.

From our last 6 Premiership games, we were bad against Norwich. VERY bad. Other than that, I don't think we played badly. Let's put it this way, if we play against QPR like we did against Everton (even though we lost I felt we played well and certainly didn't deserve the defeat), Chelsea (deserved to win) or Sunderland (we were the better side, but a draw was a fair result) away then we're more likely to walk out winners.

We may not have played badly, but we did not get the required results.

Last i checked there was no CL spot for 'teams that played well but didn't get into the top four'.

Thing is Moonlight, we can't afford really to play well and not win for the rest of the season now. The level of expectancy from within the players needs to be raised again. Just saying "we need to win" is no longer ok. They have to believe that if we don't we will be relegated or something to that effect. The pressure on QPR should be no more than on us.

However much QPR want this should be irrelevant for us today, because as far as we are concerned, we need it more, and our needs are all that should matter.

We may not have played badly, but we did not get the required results.

Last i checked there was no CL spot for 'teams that played well but didn't get into the top four'.

True, but from my experience teams that are playing well but not getting the results will usually go on a good run. Teams that are performing badly, but are getting results will usually go on a bad run. We have five remaining games, including three tricky away fixtures. IF we play as well as we have been doing, I am confident of the two home wins, and I think we'll win one of the away games too. That will most likely be enough for 4th.

Back