• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Thing is Moonlight, we can't afford really to play well and not win for the rest of the season now. The level of expectancy from within the players needs to be raised again. Just saying "we need to win" is no longer ok. They have to believe that if we don't we will be relegated or something to that effect. The pressure on QPR should be no more than on us.

However much QPR want this should be irrelevant for us today, because as far as we are concerned, we need it more, and our needs are all that should matter.

Keep the faith. I am basing it more on the fact that our strikers can't keep fudging up forever :lol: I just hope we don't start to gung ho today. If we do what we were doing before Xmas (balanced side, patient build up, keep the ball and probe rather than assault the oppositions defence) and don't panic I believe we'll finish top four.

No need to be a dingdong about it! I'm not belittling Saudi Sportswashing Machine's decent form, or dismissing ours. Our home form concerns me more than our away form. I think Chelsea (especially considering their great current form) and Sunderland away draws were both good performances AND results. Stoke at home was a good enough performance, but a poor result. Norwich was a poor performance AND result and that worries me massively.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine's away wins against Swansea and WBA were fantastic, but let's not forget that four of their six wins (not that they've beaten Stoke yet) have come at home and against teams you'd expect them to beat at home. Prior to this great run they took 2 points out of a possible 12, including poor home draws against Wolves and Sunderland.

What does all the above prove? Not a lot. After 38 games we'll see what anything proves. Up until then, it doesn't mean an awful lot.

I think people are possibly worrying because we've taken 20 points in 2012, out of a possible 51. A lot of that has come while playing utter brick.

And its a bit late in the season to be accusing people of basing their opinions on a short run of games, we're on matchday 34 out of a 38 game season. People have been belittling Nwcastle with the same crap all season (and indeed the same crap thrown our way when we finsihed 4th).

I don't think we can really talk about remembering which teams they've beaten either, considering our run in 2012 has included home draws against the teams currently 14th and 20th and a home loss against the team currently in 12th.

And Sunderland away was a good result. Registering 0 shots on target was it, is not a good performance, regardless of how defensive they were.

I'm not going to predict who's going to finish where anymore, there's far too many variables and so its a bit of a fools errand imo. I don't think people who are a little anxious about Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be ridiculued though because there's not a great deal of evidence that we look capable of pulling wins and points out right now.

We may not have played badly, but we did not get the required results.

Last i checked there was no CL spot for 'teams that played well but didn't get into the top four'.

Our midfield and defence might have done well enough. Our attack had no edge and we didn't pick up points. You need all three functioning to get results. Saha in for Defoe has fudged us like Pienaar in for Kranjcar did last term. There are other problems as well of course. I kind of believe Defoe when he said he was the hottest he's ever been this season. He looked unbelievably sharp around Xmas.

Keep the faith. I am basing it more on the fact that our strikers can't keep fudging up forever :lol: I just hope we don't start to gung ho today. If we do what we were doing before Xmas (balanced side, patient build up, keep the ball and probe rather than assault the oppositions defence) and don't panic I believe we'll finish top four.

I'm with you. COME ON YOU SPURS

I think people are possibly worrying because we've taken 20 points in 2012, out of a possible 51. A lot of that has come while playing utter brick.

And its a bit late in the season to be accusing people of basing their opinions on a short run of games, we're on matchday 34 out of a 38 game season. People have been belittling Nwcastle with the same crap all season (and indeed the same crap thrown our way when we finsihed 4th).

I don't think we can really talk about remembering which teams they've beaten either, considering our run in 2012 has included home draws against the teams currently 14th and 20th and a home loss against the team currently in 12th.

And Sunderland away was a good result. Registering 0 shots on target was it, is not a good performance, regardless of how defensive they were.

I'm not going to predict who's going to finish where anymore, there's far too many variables and so its a bit of a fools errand imo. I don't think people who are a little anxious about Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be ridiculued though because there's not a great deal of evidence that we look capable of pulling wins and points out right now.

Sunderland vs Spurs. Whose favourite? In my opinion Sunderland. Whether Spurs fans like to admit or not. It was a point gained, not two points dropped.

Today is the same. QPR have to be regarded as favourites going into the game, based on recent result form if nothing else, but no doubt if we draw it will be the end of the world...... :lol:

You're picking the wrong person to have that argument with, I said at the time that it was a good result. Just as I said the same for the Liberty stadium as well, just as some of our fans were crying about how brick Swansea are and how none of them would get in our team blah blah.

A good result does not mean that it was a good performance. West Ham were the first team to win at the Emirates. That was an excellent result. It was also one of the worst and luckest performances I have ever seen. The two do not always correlate.

Point at SoL=Good result
Our performance on the 7th April=Abysmal.

Sunderland vs Spurs. Whose favourite? In my opinion Sunderland. Whether Spurs fans like to admit or not. It was a point gained, not two points dropped.

Today is the same. QPR have to be regarded as favourites going into the game, based on recent result form if nothing else, but no doubt if we draw it will be the end of the world...... :lol:

Not the end of the world just in my opinion the final nail in any CL hopes we may harbour

sexy brick from a sexy player in cabaye..

Very good player. Got to admire what Pardew has done there. Saudi Sportswashing Machine looking very balanced with some decent players too. People do dismiss them, but player for player they are very close to us. Not much to choose between our best team and theirs that's for sure.

I really can't bear the idea of Toon being better than us. Seeing them in the CL next season in place of us would be soooooooooooooooo painful.

And also, while I also agree that we should not be seeing ourselves as automatic winners for evey away games and that winning all your home games and drawing away games is usually a good plan, especially for top 4, this may very well not be enough for us anymore. When you drop stupid points at home, you have to make those points up elsewhere. Its all well and good saying QPR have been good at home but the reality is that we've picked up 2 points out of a possible 9 against the three I mentioned earlier. Going simply by your own system, we should hve been walking that. We didn't. SO we need to make up points elsewhere, 'unexpected points', as we had to do in 2009/2010. The timeframe to do this is rapidly diminishing.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have:

Wigan (a)
Chelsea (a)
City (h)
Everton (a)

Not saying they will lose them all, but it is quite possible.

It would not be a shock if Saudi Sportswashing Machine beat Chelsea, and I could definitely see them beating Everton. I think Emirates Marketing Project is going to be interesting as it the title may possibly have been won by Man Utd by then. If that was the case I could see Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning, if however the title was still up for grabs then I could see a Tevez led City causing problems for Saudi Sportswashing Machine

It would not be a shock if Saudi Sportswashing Machine beat Chelsea, and I could definitely see them beating Everton. I think Emirates Marketing Project is going to be interesting as it the title may possibly have been won by Man Utd by then. If that was the case I could see Saudi Sportswashing Machine winning, if however the title was still up for grabs then I could see a Tevez led City causing problems for Saudi Sportswashing Machine

I think when the pressure is off City show they can play. Chelsea I would most definitely fancy to win. The only time in recent weeks they haven't pulled off a result when they really needed was against us at Stamford Bridge. Wigan and Everton are capable of anything.

Back