• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
The thing i find a bit strange about all these calculations is that were are showing absolutely zero signs of life.

We didn't get a shot on goal against Sunderland, yet they shipped four the next week. We needed a last minute equaliser against Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are taking them to the cleaners.

Wolves at home? Norwich at home? In the second half of the season we have been one of the worst sides in the premier league; no shape, passing, tactics or consistency. Last week we got absolutely pummelled in front of the world.

I hope I'm wrong but i think predictions of W3 D1 L1 for our final games is extremely optimistic. We have played some dire sides at home in the league recently and lost points on a regular basis.

Another sticking point is that our team isn't even any better the Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyway, plus their in form. I just dont see it myself. Think we'll lose today then go on to finish 6th. Hope I'm wrong but just dont see it.

I mean blackburn are turning Norwich over today. Blackburn! I heard a stat that we havent scored an away league goal since february? Can that be true?

Last edited:
And also, while I also agree that we should not be seeing ourselves as automatic winners for evey away games and that winning all your home games and drawing away games is usually a good plan, especially for top 4, this may very well not be enough for us anymore. When you drop stupid points at home, you have to make those points up elsewhere. Its all well and good saying QPR have been good at home but the reality is that we've picked up 2 points out of a possible 9 against the three I mentioned earlier. Going simply by your own system, we should hve been walking that. We didn't. SO we need to make up points elsewhere, 'unexpected points', as we had to do in 2009/2010. The timeframe to do this is rapidly diminishing.

But people need to stop looking at one game. Let put it this way, and under the assumption Saudi Sportswashing Machine do take the three points today (which is pretty much nailed on!)

Below is the maximum amount of points each team can get :

Arsenal 74pts
Spurs 74pts
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 74pts
Chelsea 70pts

Chelsea have QPR (h), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h), Liverpool (a), Blackburn (h) - It's entirely possible that they could win all four remaining games, which is very scary. But even if they do, we can afford to lose one game because if we win the other four, we will be on 71pts to their maximum of 70pts. If Chelsea do win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine then the maximum amount of points Saudi Sportswashing Machine can get is 71pts and due to our superior GD (which is unlikely to be overhauled) that's good for 4th.

As for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I can't see them winning their remaining four. I just can't see it. Wigan (a), Chelsea (a), City (h) and Everton (a).

Basically, we CAN afford to lose one game and finish 4th. That doesn't mean we can afford to take it easy, but a defeat whether it be today, or one of the other four games, is NOT the end of the world and doesn't mean it's over. I still personally believe that Chelsea won't win their remaining four either. Hence why I think W3 D1 L1 will be enough for us to get 4th (that would be 69pts).

Personally I want us to go for winning all five because if we do that, I think we'll get 3rd let alone 4th!

But people need to stop looking at one game. Let put it this way, and under the assumption Saudi Sportswashing Machine do take the three points today (which is pretty much nailed on!)

Arsenal 74pts
Spurs 74pts
Chelsea 70pts

Chelsea have QPR (h), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h), Liverpool (a), Blackburn (h) - It's entirely possible that they could win all four remaining games, which is very scary. But even if they do, we can afford to lose one game because if we win the other four, we will be on 71pts to their maximum of 70pts. If Chelsea do win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine then the maximum amount of points Saudi Sportswashing Machine can get is 71pts and due to our superior GD (which is unlikely to be overhauled) that's good for 4th.

As for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I can't see them winning their remaining four. I just can't see it. Wigan (a), Chelsea (a), City (h) and Everton (a).

Basically, we CAN afford to lose one game and finish 4th. That doesn't mean we can afford to take it easy, but a defeat whether it be today, or one of the other four games, is NOT the end of the world and doesn't mean it's over. I still personally believe that Chelsea won't win their remaining four either. Hence why I think W3 D1 L1 will be enough for us to get 4th (that would be 69pts).

Personally I want us to go for winning all five because if we do that, I think we'll get 3rd let alone 4th!

But we've shown no evidence that we can suddnely get results in four out of five matches!!?? I don't think we will. We'll see soon enough. Which game would you look at and think it might be the one permissable loss?

But we've shown no evidence that we can suddnely get results in four out of five matches!!?? I don't think we will. We'll see soon enough. Which game would you look at and think it might be the one permissable loss?

We'll have to wait and see. Perception is a funny thing. We score a couple of them sitters we missed or score rather than hitting the bar and we're 4pts better off than we currently are in the recent run of games and everyone is saying how good our form is. It really is that finely balanced.

Norwich was appalling, we play like that again and we don't deserve brick. But hopefully Redknapp will have learned you have to have at least one DM in the side at all times.

Arsenal 74pts
Spurs 74pts
Chelsea 70pts

Its a lot harder to not be looking at one game when the number of games remaining is only 5 (and 3! or 4 for some others).

I hope you're right. But personally, and I know you'll say this is kneejerk, I'm not sure where these points are coming from after the Norwich loss. And the way we've been playing since January. I can't see how we're going top average 2 points a game, when 3 of those games are away. We haven't won an away league game since boxing day.

I hope you're right though.

hopefully Redknapp will have learned

That's unlikely.

He's repeated the same mistakes a number of times and sat there looking baffled and unhappy, then came out after the game and moaned about our setup.

I do know where you are coming from about perception, fine margins, form etc but you've got to admit our form has been awful for months and we are heading downwards fast

The thing i find a bit strange about all these calculations is that were are showing absolutely zero signs of life.

We didn't get a shot on goal against Sunderland, yet they shipped four the next week. We needed a last minute equaliser against Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine are taking them to the cleaners.

Wolves at home? Norwich at home? In the second half of the season we have been one of the worst sides in the premier league; no shape, passing, tactics or consistency. Last week we got absolutely pummelled in front of the world.

I hope I'm wrong but i think predictions of W3 D1 L1 for our final games is extremely optimistic. We have played some dire sides at home in the league recently and lost points on a regular basis.

Another sticking point is that our team isn't even any better the Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyway, plus their in form. I just dont see it myself. Think we'll lose today then go on to finish 6th. Hope I'm wrong but just dont see it.

I mean blackburn are turning Norwich over today. Blackburn! I heard a stat that we havent scored an away league goal since february? Can that be true?

But we all know that sort of logic just doesn't apply in football. Just because Team A beats Team B, and Team C beats Team A, that doesn't mean Team C will beat Team B.

Today is going to be tough. QPR at WHL and I'd be confident we'll beat them comfortably. QPR at their place, and they are favourites. Let's not kid ourselves. Their home form recently has seen them beat Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea. Their away form is poor, but their home form is very very good.

But we all know that sort of logic just doesn't apply in football. Just because Team A beats Team B, and Team C beats Team A, that doesn't mean Team C will beat Team B.

Today is going to be tough. QPR at WHL and I'd be confident we'll beat them comfortably. QPR at their place, and they are favourites. Let's not kid ourselves. Their home form recently has seen them beat Arsenal, Liverpool and Swansea. Their away form is poor, but their home form is very very good.

I understand that, I just used it to highlight the point that we have thrown away home points against the weakest sides in the league. The harsh truth is, that in 2012 WE are one of the weakest sides in the league having twice shipped five goals. No away wins/ goals or form. I just think the run will carry on until the end of the season. I'm not sure how it can suddenly turn around - mainly because i disagree with your point about us not getting breaks; i think we have been atrocious and have got exactly what we have deserved.

Its a lot harder to not be looking at one game when the number of games remaining is only 5 (and 3! or 4 for some others).

I hope you're right. But personally, and I know you'll say this is kneejerk, I'm not sure where these points are coming from after the Norwich loss. And the way we've been playing since January. I can't see how we're going top average 2 points a game, when 3 of those games are away. We haven't won an away league game since boxing day.

I hope you're right though.

Actually I think the opposite. I get to the last few games and I start to look at it as games running out rather than one off games!

Basically :

W5 D0 L0 - Will probably get us 3rd, and definitely get us 4th
W4 D1 L0 - Will almost certainly get us 4th, and possibly 3rd if we spank a couple of teams (unlikely!).
W4 D0 L1 - Will almost certainly get us 4th, little chance of 3rd.
W3 D1 L1 - Will probably get us 4th, no chance of 3rd.

Any other combination, and we are seriously relying on other teams to fudge up to get 4th.

thats why i dont get how macdonald and the people watching through the window got off scot free if they knew he was raping her? (if it happened)

Because even though it is despicable watching a girl being rapped I do not think they actually committed a crime. It sounds so wrong I know

The idea of shagging a girl who is so tinkled she does not know what is going on is pathetic

Arsenal and Chelsea drawing was the perfect result for us. But it would be meaningless if we don't beat QPR.

Really impressed with Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They have been very consistent throughout the season. And the way they always recover immediately after every defeat is admirable.

Back