• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Chelsea are better than us. If we finish above them this season then it means one of two things.

1) Harry should be applauded as he has us finishing above a superior team
2) AVB should be condemned for having such a good team underperforming so badly

Which is it?

Erm.... Both?? You're not very good at this are you?

Variance?

Potentially..........yes. And I do agree that AVB didn't get enough time. Fergie's first 5 years at Utd were hardly awe inspiring either for example.

But I do think AVB fudged it up by falling out with so many players, and not playing to the strength of the existing squad. He chose revolution over evolution and that was a mistake. Under Roman, you don't get a chance to make a second and any Manager joining that club knows that.....

Now I am offended! Only 20?!!! And PASSIVE aggressive? Pffft, I need to up my game............

you have more? this could get reeeaally kinky

i edited that post by the way..added some extra for you to tell me exactly how my posts are unpalatable and that this isnt a dating website with pink backgrounds where you give a mini lecture of carrick being a holder...or something or other

you know what , i really need to stop this.......ruining the thread. but genuinely i would like to know how to better present my opinions better

Which makes sense, because there a lot more Spurs fans than QPR ones and I'd imagine Spurs get a lot more bets on them than QPR.

It's a must win game for both teams. We're the better side, they have home advantage so my head says draw. My heart says class will shine through and we'll win 2-1....

So can I just check your position on this. Before the bookmaker had taken any money on the game, are you saying that the initial price they all put up was with QPR as favourites, as they are the home team?

Do you deny the infraction?

No, I am lamenting the days when discussion forums weren't moderated and people could really get into it.

Mods can ban me if they like, it's hardly going to have a crippling effect on my life. Maybe one day they'll even reach the happy utopia where everyone agrees on everything or everyone is afraid to venture an opinion in case it goes against the grain........

So can I just check your position on this. Before the bookmaker had taken any money on the game, are you saying that the initial price they all put up was with QPR as favourites, as they are the home team?

No. I am saying that they'll make Spurs the favourites because their historical data will show that Spurs are more likely to have people betting on them than QPR.

er, guys..............

while there is so far no real evidence of personal abuse going on, I do feel there IS evidence of "ganging up" against an individual here.

Argue the case with facts and facts alone please. Don't make it personal.

As per the new rules "play the ball, not the man" (yes, I know where that came from :rolleyes: )

Potentially..........yes. And I do agree that AVB didn't get enough time. Fergie's first 5 years at Utd were hardly awe inspiring either for example.

But I do think AVB fudged it up by falling out with so many players, and not playing to the strength of the existing squad. He chose revolution over evolution and that was a mistake. Under Roman, you don't get a chance to make a second and any Manager joining that club knows that.....

Now you've got to be kidding me. You talk about variance and a page later you make statements like this based on a very small sample size.

After Mourinho there's been one manager that has managed to not fall out with that group of players and that was Hiddink who was only there for half a season and he got instant results. No obvious right or wrong way with that bunch.

I'm glad you realize your dichotomy was a false one though.

you have more? this could get reeeaally kinky

i edited that post by the way..added some extra for you to tell me exactly how my posts are unpalatable and that this isnt a dating website with pink backgrounds where you give a mini lecture of carrick being a holder...or something or other

you know what , i really need to stop this.......ruining the thread. but genuinely i would like to know how to better present my opinions better

I don't know and don't care. I never said you present your opinions wrong. I said I had a problem with them. Maybe that problem lies with me, maybe with you, maybe with both. Doesn't really matter does it?

All you have to remember is one simple inescapable truth....

If you are disagreeing with me, you're most likely wrong! :-"

Unfortunately, I've made quite a lot of money like this in the last month or so. Still silver linings and all that....

Same here mate. If we don't get 4th I win £1200. Put £200 @ 5/1 on after Christmas to cover myself. Thought we had it down up at the time. Had Norwich at 9/1 as well. Oh well. Silver linings indeed.

its still there

its like looking into the eye of satan

but its still there

I don't think the likes of me and you will ever truly be welcome at a place like GG. We started back in the days when you really could say what you thought and you either stood your corner against all odds or slunk away never to come back!!!

Remember Wooks?! I wonder whatever happened to him!!!

Back