• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
That's cool but spats between posters running across a number of threads can ruin the board for others which is why we ask people to stick on topic

some folk like a bit of spice to make a dish interesting

and some just like a bowl of celery and cucumber..........

Don't you believe just to let these things blow out by themselves? It's not as if anyone is going to get truly offended or hurt is it? Anyway this is probably the wrong audience for this type of discussion so I'll bow out here.

My view is that if a cross thread spat is left to run, the dingdong swinging gets out of hand and ruins the the board for everyone else who posts here.

I was only trying to be humorous :)

So many 'serious' posts since our season collapse

When I read through threads, it's nice to find a few 'light-hearted' (or childish) posts in amongst the anger

you need wriggly, leeds and mick for stuff like that..something about being around for a minimum of 4 decades just makes you able to chiiiill

At least give him a multiple choice to make it easy for him....

a) Hoof the ball up the line to the opposition
b) get forward to the byline, screw up his cross and walk back
c) ball watch whilst he lost his man
d) all of the above

e) make opposing player look like a mug at least twice, with super cool dummys

Ok, sorry Mick

Niiiiice

if you click your heels together and shout infraction 3 times

a mod will appear and make the wicked witch of the west go away

- do you really not see why it makes you look like the kid at school who always ran to the teacher telling tales?

Oh Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

Is that what the Russian has spent billions on?
To see a team of physical cloggers and marathon runners with ten and later on,eleven men behind the ball.

Surely for the amount he has spent,a prerequisite would be entertaining and attacking football.
Something went wrong somewhere.

Right, last and final warning. Banter is fine but this is boring. No more digging, sniping or niggling.

Is that what the Russian has spent billions on?
To see a team of physical cloggers and marathon runners with ten and later on,eleven men behind the ball.

Surely for the amount he has spent,a prerequisite would be entertaining and attacking football.
Something went wrong somewhere.

Abramovic is only interested in winning football IMO

I would say that depends on "current league position, form, recent meetings, player availability etc.". But not on the amount of money bet on them in the past!

Just to put this in perspective, last 5 Premiership home games for QPR, and last 5 Premiership away games for us. And yet we are comfortable favourites? From a purely footballing logical point of view, based on them recent results....I don't see how we can be classified as favourites personally (not saying we won't win, I just don't think it's an obvious favourites win).

QPR 3 - 0 Swansea
QPR 2 - 1 Arsenal
QPR 3 - 2 Liverpool
QPR 1 - 1 Everton
QPR 0 - 1 Fulham

Sunderland 0 - 0 Spurs
Chelsea 0 - 0 Spurs
Everton 1 - 0 Spurs
Arsenal 5 - 2 Spurs
Liverpool 0 - 0 Spurs

Right, so I thought I'd try out Moonlit Knight's tried 'n' tested system that if you backed the bottom 5 teams at home to win or draw(i.e. not to lose) to the top 5 teams at evens, that by the end of the season he'd be showering in money. His theory being that home advantage is so great(kind of like the anti-totman) that these teams will surely show a profit over the course of a season. Now the Top 5 for the majority of the year have been Utd, City, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea, fair? The bottom 5 have mainly been Wigan, QPR, Bolton, Blackburn and Wolves. Fair? Right, now because the Moonlit Knight is obviously very confident of this system, let's say he puts a grand on each of his selections. Here we go:

Wigan:
1-0 vs Utd +?ú1000
0-1 vs City -?ú1000
0-4 vs Arsenal -?ú1000
1-2 vs Spurs -?ú1000
1-1 vs Chelsea +?ú1000

Ok, so after our 1st selection, Moonlit is at -?ú1000, it's no biggy though, this system is foolproof.

QPR:

0-2 vs Utd -?ú1000
2-3 vs City -?ú1000
2-1 vs Arsenal +?ú1000
n/a vs Spurs
1-0 vs Chelsea +1000

All square here, Moonlit's system looks like it's about to take a turn for the good, let's keep going. Currently only a grand down.

Bolton:
0-5 vs Utd -?ú1000
2-3 vs City -?ú1000
0-0 vs Arsenal +?ú1000
n/a vs Spurs
1-5 vs Chelsea -?ú1000

Uh oh, we're now down to -?ú3000. Not to worry, two teams left and Moonlit can pull it back around.

Blackburn:

0-2 vs Utd -?ú1000
0-4 vs City -?ú1000
4-3 vs Arsenal +?ú1000
1-2 vs Spurs -?ú1000
0-1 vs Chelsea -?ú1000

Yowza, what's this? Current counter at minus ?ú6000, I'm sure Wolves can will rescue Moonlit, afterall this is a guaranteed-to-win system, there's no way the bookies can beat Moonlit.

Wolves:

0-5 vs Utd -?ú1000
n/a vs City
0-3 vs Arsenal -?ú1000
0-2 vs Spurs -?ú1000
1-2 vs Chelsea -?ú1000

What the? Moonlit is down ?ú10,000 over the season. This cannot be. It's surely just a blip to the system. Just wait for next season. Moonlit will not be beaten!

Back