• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I dont like Barcelona so the only problem i have tonight is that looking at chelsea's effort, i cant believe they're playing saturday lunch time. Surely Arsenal will beat them?

The fact they're playing in 60 hours is a joke.. wenger must be laughing.

So just so I can get this straight......

Chelsea Manager fails to motivate his players and its the senior players fault and they're a disgrace. AVB is just a victim...
Spurs Manager fails to motivate his players and it's because he is useless and a saggy faced ****.

Since everyone's giving MK a good kicking at the moment, I'll quote this one of his and say he has a very good point here.

So what do you base your opinion on then, if not stats and facts?

HIs water, oh and his poker buddies that have phd in actuarial science and logarithmic regression analysis based on 200 years plus of historic data.

its probably true though, i'm just being a bit of a dingdong cause he started slanging mud in my direction first

Oh so now it's people you've played poker with?? I thought it was complex financial analysis I didn't understand? Sounds like you don't understand either old boy, and it shows.

I never said I did understand it, but I do it's not as simple as you think it is. For example, I know for a fact that historical information (i.e. how many people usually bet on that team to win, or bet against that team to lose) is very much taken into consideration when setting odds. And I am not just talking about for that season.

E.g. a lot of people will bet on Liverpool, because they have a large supporter base. That is why pre-season they'll always seem to get unrealistic odds to win comparitive to teams with a smaller fanbase who are just as good as them.

The bookies cover their arse in case they get bitten by a NEGATIVE variance swing.

Since everyone's giving MK a good kicking at the moment, I'll quote this one of his and say he has a very good point here.

its the same thing that coincidentally spursfan1954 AND 1957 used to do..make a statement and then claim thats what the majority think

hold on, i haven't even asked....is it? do MOST people think that harry is a useless saggy faced ****?

I never said I did understand it, but I do it's not as simple as you think it is. For example, I know for a fact that historical information (i.e. how many people usually bet on that team to win, or bet against that team to lose) is very much taken into consideration when setting odds. And I am not just talking about for that season.

E.g. a lot of people will bet on Liverpool, because they have a large supporter base. That is why pre-season they'll always seem to get unrealistic odds to win comparitive to teams with a smaller fanbase who are just as good as them.

The bookies cover their arse in case they get bitten by a NEGATIVE variance swing.

Mind yourself on the way down pal!!!

Is that what we have to do to win a game ? Dive, cheat, time waste, become total and utter scum ? That's what I see winning games, pretty football and playing the game the right way gets you fudge all.

exactly, you tell em MK. this stuff is like playing on the swings, no one has actually said anything truly offensive surely

Definitely. My opponents have said nothing offensive or intelligent. Like most on here they'll attempt to shoot something down rather than have the balls to put forward their own opinion. And I don't include you on that, because you will put your ideas out to be shot at.

Spurs are currently favourites to beat QPR at most bookmakers.

which according to MK means that despite QPR's form and tottenhams brick form, people are flocking or will be flocking to place bets on tottenham to win

i have to be honest, that actually makes sense....if i was to take a step back and have a pragmatic view...i would place a bet on tottenham to win. however i like easing the pain of tottenham losses now and again....so i'll probably also put a bet down for qpr to win

Back