• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
The bookies set the odds via anticipation of the bets to come. There's no fudging way Barca were favourites for that game realistically. Did people learn nothing from the scum game last year? The away team is NEVER favourite.

Amazing, 100's of years of systematic gambling rubbished with one man's ideal

i'm going to stick to the people that calculate odds scientifically for a living and just say i definately dont agree with you

Lol. Utter gonads.

That I don't gamble on sport? I don't. Too many potentially unknown quantities, e.g. poor official decisions, can effect the outcome.

I'll stick with what I believe in though. Home advantage is an unquantifiable massive advantage. In the Premiership there are no easy away games, which is why I get so irate when I hear arrogant Spurs fans banging on about drawing 0-0 at Sunderland to be a fudging joke result. Losing at home to Norwich was a joke result, but losing against Everton away certainly was not.

Amazing, 100's of years of systematic gambling rubbished with one man's ideal

i'm going to stick to the people that calculate odds scientifically for a living and just say i definately dont agree with you

It's called common sense. A concept I know you struggle with. And the key words are "at this level". Naturally if a Premiership club is playing a League Two club away from home, I'd expect the Premiership club to be favourites.

But bookies do pre-analyse possible betting patterns. Do you think they do not?!

It's called common sense. A concept I know you struggle with. And the key words are "at this level". Naturally if a Premiership club is playing a League Two club away from home, I'd expect the Premiership club to be favourites.

But bookies do pre-analyse possible betting patterns. Do you think they do not?!

Bookies analyze what they think the likely outcome of games are. They adjust to betting patterns to adjust for possible mistake and lower their variance. But if the betting patterns are different from the expected likely outcome that means the bookies earn money.

How noble!! So you know better than the bookies but you have pity on them eh? Decide not to bankrupt them. You couldn't make this brick up!! Actually thinking about it you are!! :)

I never said I know more than the Bookies. The Bookies play the long game and they'll ensure they don't get hit too hard by freak results as well. If you think that Bookies set their odds based on anything other than past financial analysis then you are clueless on this topic and shouldn't really be trying to debate it.

amazing, and then when you someone makes a little bitty comment you dont like, you run and report them. soooo sneaky with it too LOL

Moonlit, I'd be happy to give you evens on every single bottom 5 club at home to a top 5 club for the rest of eternity, deal?

I don't, but other people I have played poker with do. And I'll take their word over yours. Especially as some of them are bookies.

Oh so now it's people you've played poker with?? I thought it was complex financial analysis I didn't understand? Sounds like you don't understand either old boy, and it shows.

Back