• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Chelsea are a clever team. Every player strong athletic and aggressive, and most of them get in as many digs to opposition players as they can throughout the 90 minutes and that is an intimidating thing to face. Sadly that has won them many trophies, wheras teams who show their opposition respect aren't duly rewarded.

look at how close an awful arsenal side were to knocking them out last year.

if chelsea score in the nou camp it's curtains. i can't see them shipping 3.

Wow, off the post then bkasted over, chavs had luck tonight, barca didn't have their shooting boots on, for sure. Scum and chavs have beaten bar a at home now, Liverpool too?

Barca expect to reverse it next week, the pitch is much bigger, they'll have more space and chances to score.

Will wait that game with relish.

look at how close an awful arsenal side were to knocking them out last year.

if chelsea score in the nou camp it's curtains. i can't see them shipping 3.

Barca hit the post twice,off the line,wasted chances. Also,they are a different side at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put 4 past Chelsea. Stop panicking

Of course you are the wise sage after all on all things in the universe. Lmao

No, it's what I have always believed. I have been preaching the same thing about the Premiership for years, and you can find my posts on here over the last few weeks. Bottom of the Premiership side plays top of the Premiership side. The game is at the bottom teams ground. Unders standard circumstances the away team is never favourite. I don't care if it's Wolves vs Man Utd. Wolves are at least evens.

Which shows how near we are to being such a good team. Indeed you add Messi to Spurs up top and you have a title contending team!

I know that's tongue in cheek, but honestly, that wouldn't work. Messi, along with the rest of that team, are so one-dimensional it's incredible. Tippy-tappy football, all in front of a strong, resolute defence, and no idea how to change to something different.

Just listening to the pass count........100 and something Chelsea, 700 and something Barca. Too many passes, half of them backwards.
I thought they were poor.

Barca hit the post twice,off the line,wasted chances. Also,they are a different side at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put 4 past Chelsea. Stop panicking

If Barca score first and early, then Chelsea won't be able to hold out for pens. No way. And if Chelsea go 2-0 down they have to attack and leave their defence vunerable......

I don't give a toss what the bookies think. Their odds are based on betting patterns, not common sense. At this level the home team is always marginal favourite in my opinion.

eh?

how do you explain the odds being set before anyone placed a bet then? at no point has chelsea been favourites since the tie was drawn. people are hardly going to place a bet with no odds are they?

you're talking about AFTER the odds get set and money starts flooding in. Bookies re-adjust to minimise potential loss or show who the mass favour.

I know that's tongue in cheek, but honestly, that wouldn't work. Messi, along with the rest of that team, are so one-dimensional it's incredible. Tippy-tappy football, all in front of a strong, resolute defence, and no idea how to change to something different.

Just listening to the pass count........100 and something Chelsea, 700 and something Barca. Too many passes, half of them backwards.
I thought they were poor.

They hit the woodwork twice and had great opportunities to win it. Their approach play was superb, it was their finishing that unusually let them down.

eh?

how do you explain the odds being set before anyone placed a bet then? at no point has chelsea been favourites since the tie was drawn. people are hardly going to place a bet with no odds are they?

you're talking about AFTER the odds get set and money starts flooding in. Bookies re-adjust to minimise potential loss or show who the mass favour.

The bookies set the odds via anticipation of the bets to come. There's no fudging way Barca were favourites for that game realistically. Did people learn nothing from the scum game last year? The away team is NEVER favourite.

i appreciate this may be seen as churlish as they are obviously an amazing team, but, i'd love to see this Barca side under the stewardship of Mourinho, then they would be perfect

Back