• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Also, as poor as that decision was, Man Utd were still always going to win this game and they'd started the game along those lines. Yesterday leaves more of a bad taste in the mouth because, similar to our 2-1 loss against them last season, the only legitimate goal scored was by the opposing team at SB, yet it was Chelsea who ended up with the 3 points.

That decision was disgusting, not only was it a dive, he was offside and the play got sent off!

And o'leary is trying to justify it?! Get off your high horse you tosser

I wonder how Taarabt would have developed under the leadership of a stable manager with a good history of bringing young players through, a Ferguson or Wenger basically, in this league?

I have thought about the same myself. In my opinion Pardew has done very well with Ben Arfa at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, a player with a similar reputation to Taraabt when they signed him. Seems that he has put a lot of effort into making him a team player that can now play multiple positions and do a job for the team, not just be a luxury player. There is a classy player in Taraabt, question is if anyone can get him to perform.

"Told u before decisions even themselves out over the season", Rio 'Cameltoe' Ferdinand

That is so old, patently false and quite annoying.

One thing i have to admit is that City and Arsenal are a bit like us in that they rarely get wrong decisions given their way. If anything, Gooners have been on the end of a few poor decisions (much like us). United and chelski on the other hand have been on the end of numerous favourable decisions.

Offside!

adebayor%20onside.jpg

adebayor-onside.jpeg

On the subject of diving, Stevie G is one of the worst serial divers in the game, but I suppose the foriegners at Liverpool must have taught him how to do it.

I wonder how Taarabt would have developed under the leadership of a stable manager with a good history of bringing young players through, a Ferguson or Wenger basically, in this league?

And like Redknapp. Fergie and Wenger wouldn't have put up with Taarabt. Their teams, Fergie's especially, are all about team work and work rate. Taarabt's dream Manager should be Redknapp, who gives his players the freedom to express themselves as long as they work hard.

One thing i have to admit is that City and Arsenal are a bit like us in that they rarely get wrong decisions given their way. If anything, Gooners have been on the end of a few poor decisions (much like us). United and chelski on the other hand have been on the end of numerous favourable decisions.

Which completely ends the usual argument of "the more possession / the more attacks = more chance of getting decisions"

If that was the case, Arsenal and Spurs would get just as many decisions as United. but clearly we don't

The Wolves one you can sort of understand why the linesman gave the offside. It's pretty damn hard to see the rb playing him on where the linesman is tbh.

I'd make it a red card offence for diving and if it wasn't seen at the time I'd hand out retrospective bans. Zero tolerance is the way to go for me. Bloody hate divers and cheaters.
Thats why I don't think C Ronaldo can be the best player in the world. If you are that good then you don't need to throw yourself to the floor, roll around and have a tantrum.

Clarke Carlisle is thinking the same http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17632778

I see what you mean but are you trying to say that's as a result of the foreigners?

I think that's played a big part in it, as has the general football public being able to view regular games from foreign leagues on the TV. As with any form of immigration, there are positives and negatives. The negatives is that many foreign players come to English clubs, dive around all over the place, and become heroes of the next generation of young footballers who follow their lead.

But there have always been cheats in the English game. Mark Hughes, for a so called hardman, was a complete fudging cheat.

I think that's played a big part in it, as has the general football public being able to view regular games from foreign leagues on the TV. As with any form of immigration, there are positives and negatives. The negatives is that many foreign players come to English clubs, dive around all over the place, and become heroes of the next generation of young footballers who follow their lead.

But there have always been cheats in the English game. Mark Hughes, for a so called hardman, was a complete fudging cheat.

I think it's a sanctimonious view that the English media and ex players try to perpetuate, but it's borderline xenophobic in my opinion.

Back