• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Pathetic decision, match over already. Wasn't even a foul, that's without young being well offside

Not to the extent they do now. The culture used to be, get smacked and stay on your feet to demonstate you weren't intimidated or hurt. Now it's get touch and go over like Mike Tyson in his prime just uppercut you to the jaw....

I see what you mean but are you trying to say that's as a result of the foreigners?

Not to the extent they do now. The culture used to be, get smacked and stay on your feet to demonstate you weren't intimidated or hurt. Now it's get touch and go over like Mike Tyson in his prime just uppercut you to the jaw....

Rodney Marsh was a serial diver, Linekar, Owen, Rooney. It's not a "foreign disease" as the English media and ex players sanctimoniously try to claim it is.

Should have been a yellow card for Rafael there, as well. Catch his little smile to himself as he trotted away.

All the players cheating as much as they do doesn't help either, its a disease now

Refs have a impossible job to be honest, if players stopped feigning injury, throwing themselves to the ground every time the wind blows, appealing for decisions that they know are wrong, in other words CHEATING then the refs job would be a lot easier.

Of course refs make mistakes but players cheating all the time make it worse.

All the players cheating as much as they do doesnt help either, its a disease now

Exactly, I've always maintained that there is no corruption in this league, just a brutal incompetence, fear of the bigger teams, especially at home and 22 idiots running around trying to con the ref at every opportunity. Its pathetic. Get someone watching it on video to help them out on these big decisions ffs, not some silly potato waving a little wand around behind the goal.

Refs have a impossible job to be honest, if players stopped feigning injury, throwing themselves to the ground every time the wind blows, appealing for decisions that they know are wrong, in other words CHEATING then the refs job would be a lot easier.

Of course refs make mistakes but players cheating all the time make it worse.

Totally agree.

I would also suggest we can only expect the same standard of refs as we do of players and coaches. By that measure, I don't think refs make noticeably more mistakes pro rata than do players and coaches. They all make mistakes, and I would say in roughly the same percentages.

Taarabt needs to realise this is one game he can't afford to try and take everyone on. QPR are seeing very little of the ball as it is.

Totally agree.

I would also suggest we can only expect the same standard of refs as we do of players and coaches. By that measure, I don't think refs make noticeably more mistakes pro rata than do players and coaches. They all make mistakes, and I would say in roughly the same percentages.

Would agree with that summary, the difference is that players cheat and Refs give what they see or think they do. Have no time for those who think they are corrupt.

That half showed why Taarabt was sold. Useless when you're against the ropes. Tried to shoot too often, lost possession, and shrugged and wandered around aimlessly when the rest of his team were grafting away trying to stop United's never ending cycles of possession.

That half showed why Taarabt was sold. Useless when you're against the ropes. Tried to shoot too often, lost possession, and shrugged and wandered around aimlessly when the rest of his team were grafting away trying to stop United's never ending cycles of possession.

Spot on

I wonder how Taarabt would have developed under the leadership of a stable manager with a good history of bringing young players through, a Ferguson or Wenger basically, in this league?

Back