• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Looking at their fixture list there are only 7 games left to play so even if it was just for that time its good publicity for them and a great learning experience for their players.

Don't really see how a technical advisor is the same as a manager.

He has been appointed Technical Advisor of non-league Wembley FC to mentor the team’s manager Ian Bates.

So basically he'll get on the phone a couple of times and have a chat :)

Last edited:
Surprised that Milan were so content to play for a 0-0. I really struggle to see how they can hope to go through after a 0-0 at home.

I'm not, the problem with Barca is any team can win on any given day, winning over two legs against Barca is always going to be tough, Milan has now effectively made it a one leg, winner take all game.

They go to the second leg without an advantage or disadvantage, who wins = advances, simple.

Milan don't even need to win the 2nd leg. They need a score draw.
Which they managed to get in the group stages, finished 2-2, although obviously a knockout game is going to be a different kettle of fish. Not allowing Barca to score an away goal was an excellent achievement for Milan, gives them a very nice advantage if they get a goal over there (although not so much if they're already miles behind when they get it :) ).

I'm surprised no one dubbed it Bradfight vs Brawley!

Ho ho... such wit!

It's great to see Sky trying desperately to condemn it 'cos they have to... yet revel in showing it again and again and again 'COS IT'S GREAT TELLY!! Don't deny it... no one died, nobody's getting raped, and anybody who DOESN'T want to be involved has the rest of the pitch to retreat to... it's a dozen or so blokes having a scrap... what's not to like?

Last edited:
I'm not, the problem with Barca is any team can win on any given day, winning over two legs against Barca is always going to be tough, Milan has now effectively made it a one leg, winner take all game.

They go to the second leg without an advantage or disadvantage, who wins = advances, simple.

I just struggle to see how Barca aren't just going to beat them at home... They are quite a bit better at home than they are away, and quite a bit better playing on an actual football pitch.

Bielsa watched 42 videos of Schalke ahead of Bilbao's Europa League match. If that is 42 90 minute games that's crazy. 63 hours of football.

Bilbao have been utter dog brick in the league lately. I said Biesla is extremley overrated due to this Europa league form and his unnaorthodox, hung ho formation will be disatorous in this league.

He kept pacing up and down in his technical area at OT like some crazy old guy whose been told by his doctor to do more exercise!

Bilbao have been utter dog brick in the league lately. I said Biesla is extremley overrated due to this Europa league form and his unnaorthodox, hung ho formation will be disatorous in this league.

Its nearly impossible to play at the tempo they play at regularly without the players suffering. They'll always be at most a cup team.

Back