• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
There are people in world football who disagrees with you...

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2012/03/16/2971589/guardiola-athletic-bilbaos-bielsa-the-best-coach-on-the

Pep Guardiola: "Bielsa is currently the best coach on the planet. We're lucky to have him in La Liga so that we can learn from him."

--------------

Another supremely entertaining Bilbao match. I think them underperforming in the league at the moment is because they don't have the squad to deal with Europe and La Liga at the same time.

Would like to see them win the EL this season, great to see teams who take the tournament seriously and always entertaining to watch Bielsa's teams.

Did you watch the whole game today btw?

What did you think of Bilbao's performance?

It was alright. Excellent at times, but struggling at times. Schalke are good side though and have given some good teams problems in the past so no surprise. I think a two goal win was slightly flattering for them, but they deserved at least a draw quite easily and probably even a win all things considered.

The game was great entertainment all around with Bilbao going out looking to attack when they could, not afraid to send men forward and with some great individual skill as well. A great performance by Raul and Papadopolous for Schalke as well.

Personally i thought Bilbao were pretty damn rubbish. They were so open throughout the game and were only lucky due to schalke being unable to finish. 9 times out of 10 a team would lose that game 2/3-0 when they play like that.

Levy should move heaven and earth to get Llorente, Hazard and Javi Martinez.

Another headed goal from Falcao tonight for Athletico Madrid. This is why Redknapp's arguement that we are poor from set pieces is down to the fact that we are a small side doesn't wash, Falcao is only 5 foot 10, and he's one of the best headers of the ball I've ever seen!

Another headed goal from Falcao tonight for Athletico Madrid. This is why Redknapp's arguement that we are poor from set pieces is down to the fact that we are a small side doesn't wash, Falcao is only 5 foot 10, and he's one of the best headers of the ball I've ever seen!

who did he score against

Personally i thought Bilbao were pretty damn rubbish. They were so open throughout the game and were only lucky due to schalke being unable to finish. 9 times out of 10 a team would lose that game 2/3-0 when they play like that.

To say they defend high up the pitch is putting it mildly! Their fullbacks spend most of the game in the opponent's half. They are great to watch to though. It's Bielsa's first year at the club. I'd back them to win the Europa League, but their league form definitely needs improving. Muniain, Herrera, Llorente, Iraola and co play some fantastic football!

2/3-0? Bilbao had quite a lot of chances as well. And in addition to the shots they had Papadopololus made 2-3 crucial last second blocks and tackles in the Schalke box where Bilbao were very close.

I would agree that a 2-2 or 3-3 result might have been a fair one.

Did he score from a set play?

Edit: Llorente, Hazard and Martinez would be a half decent window :)

Probably Carlton Cole, Joe Cole and Andy Cole would be more likely...

Last edited:
Forget the whoring Belgian - Llorente's position is in much more dire need of upgrading and would in my view make the biggest difference to our formation next season. Absolutely immense player who would thrive in our set up, feed off wide deliveries, an bully defenders with ease. He's also very pretty which fits with the Tottenham way instead of buying dog-ugly players like Liverpool for example. Maintain class all-round

Jason Roberts it is.

He's going to phone it in. He's being bankrolled by Budweiser, after all, and he's merely a 'technical advisor'. Not really a leap back into management. Still, good for El Tel.

Back