• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Great episode guys. I’d have paid good money to see @thfcsteff’s reaction to Richy’s goal and would’ve welcomed his limbs all over me had I been there, given the circumstances!

Two things for me:

1) I know it’s kind of your USP, but great restraint shown again for not commenting on the referee’s performance. Thoughts on a potential pen on Richy?

2) Re: possession stats lying - so this blew my mind and I only found out about it a few year’s ago - a team’s possession percentage is defined by their total number of passes divided by total passes in the game ie it’s not the amount of time they have the ball in their possession. So ball carrying teams fair weaker here. You’re probably aware, but it certainly helps to explain the stats not passing the eye test on how much ‘possession’ we had.

I think that there's clear contact between Konate and Richarlison but Richy makes a meal of going down and does so in an unnatural/exaggerated way. I think that a combination of his previous and making a meal of it meant that the ref didn't give it

It was also shoddy chairing by me. This wouldn't have happened with the other bloke

Great episode guys. I’d have paid good money to see @thfcsteff’s reaction to Richy’s goal and would’ve welcomed his limbs all over me had I been there, given the circumstances!

Two things for me:

1) I know it’s kind of your USP, but great restraint shown again for not commenting on the referee’s performance. Thoughts on a potential pen on Richy?

2) Re: possession stats lying - so this blew my mind and I only found out about it a few year’s ago - a team’s possession percentage is defined by their total number of passes divided by total passes in the game ie it’s not the amount of time they have the ball in their possession. So ball carrying teams fair weaker here. You’re probably aware, but it certainly helps to explain the stats not passing the eye test on how much ‘possession’ we had.

Thanks mate...I personally did not know that!

I think that there's clear contact between Konate and Richarlison but Richy makes a meal of going down and does so in an unnatural/exaggerated way. I think that a combination of his previous and making a meal of it meant that the ref didn't give it

I'd have given it, clear pen but Milo's point is true.

I'd have given it, clear pen but Milo's point is true.

I think that the problem is that the ref sees it from behind, won't have had a clear view of the arm around Richarlison but would've seen Richarlison arch his back and fall dramatically. There's not enough contact for VAR to overrule the on field decision. I agree that it was a foul but Richarlison needs to improve his diving.

GHod Save The King
Season 3 Episode 47

Steff, Milo, and Gareth discuss our win over Palace, King Harry’s horny headers, broken records, youth gone wild, and the damn fine job Ryan Mason is doing…we also bid a fond farewell to a pod favourite as a first-team regular. Plenty of tactically fluid conversation to enjoy, so go on then!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/GHod-save-the-king/

Fvlcy-FTWw-AAadg-W-1.jpg

It's Over
Season 3 Episode 50

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look back at a comfortable, fun 4-1 win at Leeds, as well as pondering the ‘merits’ of some absolute tossers, from Jake Humphrey to Sam Allardyce. We also reflect on Lucas and his final flourish AND we once again eulogise Harry Kane. There’s roostertails, there’s hope, and there’s fun.

Fx-Rw-Pm-JXg-AAnys-P.jpg

It's Over
Season 3 Episode 50

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look back at a comfortable, fun 4-1 win at Leeds, as well as pondering the ‘merits’ of some absolute tossers, from Jake Humphrey to Sam Allardyce. We also reflect on Lucas and his final flourish AND we once again eulogise Harry Kane. There’s roostertails, there’s hope, and there’s fun.

Fx-Rw-Pm-JXg-AAnys-P.jpg
Cover yourself with gravy you filthy animals

Season Review 22/23
Season 3 Episode 51

This week 'tis The Game Is About Glory Season Review 2022/23, where Steff, Milo, and Ram bring light, laughter, and also some deep frustration to the table as we look back on what went wrong. There's also our end of season awards, and yes, a spot of gloating at the Woolwich bottle factory. It's as mad as imagining Eric Dier bee-keeping…wait a minute…

Fx1pn-ZDXs-AIsnq-U.jpg

Season Review 22/23
Season 3 Episode 51

This week 'tis The Game Is About Glory Season Review 2022/23, where Steff, Milo, and Ram bring light, laughter, and also some deep frustration to the table as we look back on what went wrong. There's also our end of season awards, and yes, a spot of gloating at the Woolwich bottle factory. It's as mad as imagining Eric Dier bee-keeping…wait a minute…

Fx1pn-ZDXs-AIsnq-U.jpg

Stopped listening once Steff slagged off Dinosaur Jr. :p

Squad Review
Season 3 Episode 53

Steff, Milo and Ricky review the current squad and decide who stays, who goes and who we loan out to make it perfect for Postecoglou. We also find out that one person still believes in Tanguy, and that one person still gets the new shirt every year with their name! It would be unfair to name, before you hear it for yourself, so on you go, dive into the most progressive Spurs pod around!!!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/squad-review-2/

Fy-Z5-Y35-Xs-AAi-Xx1.jpg

Back