• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Patience
Season 3 Episode 55

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look at the current transfer rumours and what they indicate about our direction, size up some of the greatest career comebacks from slow starts at Spurs, and pay tribute to our very own Glastonbury Festival performer. If you like a heady combination of chatty nostalgia and general optimism about the future, here we are!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/patience/

Fzh69a0-Wc-AA9o-P1.jpg

Patience
Season 3 Episode 55

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look at the current transfer rumours and what they indicate about our direction, size up some of the greatest career comebacks from slow starts at Spurs, and pay tribute to our very own Glastonbury Festival performer. If you like a heady combination of chatty nostalgia and general optimism about the future, here we are!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/patience/

Fzh69a0-Wc-AA9o-P1.jpg
Question: @milo - do you really have an uncontrollable compulsion to throw yourself off tall buildings or was that a flippant comment at the start? The only reason I ask is I used to have a boss who had this issue - funnily enough, also a Spurs fan - and had never encountered prior or since until now!

Question: @milo - do you really have an uncontrollable compulsion to throw yourself off tall buildings or was that a flippant comment at the start? The only reason I ask is I used to have a boss who had this issue - funnily enough, also a Spurs fan - and had never encountered prior or since until now!

I do. I've spent a fair bit of time at the top of high buildings and there is always a voice at the back of my head telling me to jump

I do. I've spent a fair bit of time at the top of high buildings and there is always a voice at the back of my head telling me to jump
Wow. Heading to Google to do some research on this…

(Please continue to ignore said voice!)

EDIT - it has its own name “L’appel du Vide”!

What was the name of the band again? I think Steff said Serenity Club, but had a look and couldn’t find anything. Probably just me and crap hearing.

Can I Play With Madders?
Season 4 Episode 1

Steff, Ricky and Milo get their bugles out and celebrate the start of the Game Is About Glory’s 4th season, we bask in the delight of signing James Maddison, and we go through the week that was and transfer rumours. You might think that’s a ‘light’ load: try telling Milo as he wrestles down our 110 minute chinwag into this week’s action-packed pod!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/can-i-play-with-madders/

F0-Fzfl-EWc-AEe8xs.jpg

What Would Success Look Like?
Season 4 Episode 2

Steff and Milo sit back, relax, and discuss the past week at Spurs, what would constitute “success” in the Postecoglou-era, why the club really need to take the new Fan Advisory Board seriously, plus Milo offers us all help in how to navigate twitter/social media during these rumour-infested summer weeks. Get a beverage and join us won’t you?!

https://thegameisaboutglory.co.uk/

F0p2-NY8-X0-AQQbz-Q.jpg

Nice one chaps and totally fair to drag the club over the hot coals on its (lack thereof) communication on price increases. I wonder if a chunk of the c.+25% increases has come about from the lack of guaranteed income that European games would’ve brought?

When the ST freeze was announced, I just expected them to lump a larger increase on F&B side of things as ‘disguising’ things seems to fit closer to the club’s usual comms MO!

Hopefully it’s a FAB meeting today…

Last edited:
:D
Nice one chaps and totally fair to drag the club over the hot coals on its (lack thereof) communication on price increases. I wonder if a chunk of the c.+25% increases has come about from the lack of guaranteed income that European games would’ve brought?

When the ST freeze was announced, I just expected them to lump a larger increase on F&B side of things as ‘disguising’ things seems to fit closer to the club’s usual comms MO!

Hopefully it’s FAB meeting today…

That's a good take Dave, and one which makes sense, especially when aligned with the inflation/global financial issues we touched on. Their communications with supporters remain frigid...and yes! I certainly hope the FAB meeting tonight is the start.

BTW Dave, want to answer that player you'd wish to be/actually would be question?!!!?!

That's a good take Dave, and one which makes sense, especially when aligned with the inflation/global financial issues we touched on. Their communications with supporters remain frigid...and yes! I certainly hope the FAB meeting tonight is the start.

BTW Dave, want to answer that player you'd wish to be/actually would be question?!!!?!

Ha, I was thinking about this during the episode on the way back from the nursery drop off!

I’d say Teddy is probably closest in style - equally at home scoring as setting them up, good awareness and one step ahead mentally, slow, likes the odd drink, but one crucial difference - not a prick.

Last edited:
We Love You Dele
Season 4 Episode 3

Steff, Milo, and Gareth discuss the Dele interview. This pod loves him, so it’s a long and somewhat emotional discussion about one hell of a brave interview. We also discuss the pre-season tour squad, the latest transfer rumours, the Dier doc, and the Harry Kane hot wings challenge.

F1-N0x-Vt-Ww-AEw-OSw.jpg

We Love You Dele
Season 4 Episode 3

Steff, Milo, and Gareth discuss the Dele interview. This pod loves him, so it’s a long and somewhat emotional discussion about one hell of a brave interview. We also discuss the pre-season tour squad, the latest transfer rumours, the Dier doc, and the Harry Kane hot wings challenge.

F1-N0x-Vt-Ww-AEw-OSw.jpg
I do wonder as a club whether we should have intervened earlier & got dele some help. Let's be honest it obvious to everyone something wasn't quite right. I hope for his sake he gets all the help he needs & comes back even stronger

I do wonder as a club whether we should have intervened earlier & got dele some help. Let's be honest it obvious to everyone something wasn't quite right. I hope for his sake he gets all the help he needs & comes back even stronger

We don't know whether help was offered, he does say that he was lying to his friends and family about his problems and wouldn't listen to their advice. You would hope that Kane and Dier had raised it with the club, as close friends and senior players.

Back