• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Again I largely agree. As you know I am very defensive of the players in the current context. But I have to say, the way the seniors just fell apart was alarming. Never seen that.

I think it is also further fallout from having a manager whose tactics were relentlessly rigid. It is as though these players are too trained into that system.

Yep, I think between Jose & Conte this team has lost the ability to play in the moment, they don't cover for each other, they don't react to the match in front of them.

I think Son is the easy example to see how this "drilled" model has killed a very good player's game, the way our midfield/defense struggle and the space other teams get is indicative.

Yep, I think between Jose & Conte this team has lost the ability to play in the moment, they don't cover for each other, they don't react to the match in front of them.

I think Son is the easy example to see how this "drilled" model has killed a very good player's game, the way our midfield/defense struggle and the space other teams get is indicative.

Agreed and absolutely heartbreaking.

Robots.

Drilled to death
It can’t be fun
I’ve worked in companies that love processes
They tend to make repeatable products economically and are quite boring
They were the best and worst jobs because you learn how to be efficient but you get no variety
Humans needs variety
Humans need an element of choice and creativity
Conte sucks that out of everyone and his town and style is so one sided it’s toxic
No one plays for us and smiles

I echo all the sentiment about keeping these going and balanced, even though keeping your cool must be hard. Having said that, you’re not short of content at the moment!

@thfcsteff - chin up mate, I could sense how exasperated and agitated you were by what you witnessed.

I echo all the sentiment about keeping these going and balanced, even though keeping your cool must be hard. Having said that, you’re not short of content at the moment!

@thfcsteff - chin up mate, I could sense how exasperated and agitated you were by what you witnessed.

Cheers mate. I was indeed both of those. Will be at Anfield on Sunday, and fool that I am, I can see us winning?

Emergency Pod: Stellini Sacked
Season 3 Episode 45

Steff, Milo, Ricky and Gareth get together to reflect on the news that Cristian Stellini has been sacked, Ryan Mason has been put in charge until the end of the season and that we live in a world where Levy signs things off ‘COYS, Daniel’. Will things ever be the same again?

Fugyh-Lt-X0-AEps-B4.jpg

Drilled to death
It can’t be fun
I’ve worked in companies that love processes
They tend to make repeatable products economically and are quite boring
They were the best and worst jobs because you learn how to be efficient but you get no variety
Humans needs variety
Humans need an element of choice and creativity
Conte sucks that out of everyone and his town and style is so one sided it’s toxic
No one plays for us and smiles

It's why he only lasts 2 years at any club. It was always going to end like this.

All we can do now is build around the least damaged players and try and shift the rest.

How Do We Fix This Mess?
Season 3 Episode 44

Steff, Milo, and Ricky try to make sense of the enormous debacle that was St. James Park. It’s painful, it’s raw, it’s honest, we laugh, we get upset, we seek light at the end of our dark tunnel, we offer each other (and you) yet further therapy in this collapsing brick-show of a season…

Fud-QO-UXo-AAR-dt.jpg

Good pod. Haven't listened for a while. Haven't heard steff this deflated ever before I think! Hope you're okay, mate! :) where can I find the Mason interview you mention?

I enjoy listening to the pods, loads of plus points.

Constructive criticism incoming: try not to talk over each other so much; often when one of you is making a point, they end up rushing to get it out because someone else is interjecting but..but..but..but..but..but..but and then make some small joke or comment which derails the deeper point. Even sometimes someone will interrupt just to say "I agree!". Give people space to make a point, think a bit deeper and make a rounded point. That is my tuppence, please take it in good faith, I couldn't do better I'm sure.

Constructive criticism incoming: try not to talk over each other so much; often when one of you is making a point, they end up rushing to get it out because someone else is interjecting but..but..but..but..but..but..but and then make some small joke or comment which derails the deeper point. Even sometimes someone will interrupt just to say "I agree!". Give people space to make a point, think a bit deeper and make a rounded point. That is my tuppence, please take it in good faith, I couldn't do better I'm sure.
Thanks for the support and feedback mate

It’s funny you make this point, as I picked up on it this week too. However, I interpreted as the aforementioned ‘agitation’. I feel everyone is pretty good at NOT doing this on the whole, and put it down to everyone being somewhat shellshocked and literally struggling to process what they had just seen in the moment.

Back