• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

It is amazing how the media + 'ITKs' + agents + fans desire, feed off of each other to such an extent creating things out of thin air. But what's most amazing of all is how we get sucked in.

There is a small chance that a club accepts our below value offers, but bar this, it seems very unlikely we will buy anyone significant this window. Yet many will be disappointed. I'm not sure what would happen if we got an above value offer for one of our fringe players. If we were offered £15m for Dawson or Parker, Levy would find it hard to say no, and that may trigger us to spend on a replacement.

If Lennon, Bale or Dembele get injured we don't have the same type of player to cover. Clearly AVB / the club want a quality striker, a winger and of course Moutinho. But it's highly likely they won't be signing with us this Jan.

Spurs have reportedly made a move for Barcelona's out-of-favour striker David Villa.

The 31-year-old, who has made just six league starts this term since returning from a long injury, is understood to have attracted the interest of a host of Premier League clubs.

According to El Confidencial, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has sounded out Villa's officials and is confident that he can strike a deal with Spain's all-time leading scorer.

A loan move for Villa?

Spurs have reportedly made a move for Barcelona's out-of-favour striker David Villa.

The 31-year-old, who has made just six league starts this term since returning from a long injury, is understood to have attracted the interest of a host of Premier League clubs.

According to El Confidencial, Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has sounded out Villa's officials and is confident that he can strike a deal with Spain's all-time leading scorer.

A loan move for Villa?

Would be too good to be true, and didn't we just make a "partnership" with RM? Would take him to WHL any day of the week, but smells like the Sneijder-story to me unfortunately...

Would be too good to be true, and didn't we just make a "partnership" with RM? Would take him to WHL any day of the week, but smells like the Sneijder-story to me unfortunately...

Two hats with pieces of paper.

One hat with names of players that are unsettled.

One hat with names of clubs that normally are involved with plenty of transfers.

Pull one name from each hat, write story (copy paste from the last transfer window if you're unsure how to write a story).

Publish.

Of course, that's the old way of doing things, now there are no hats, just random number generators and lists on computers along with templates. The only real step now is the publish step.

Agree. It's just not really our profile.

We do younger players for higher fees yet sustainable wages. Cheapies on massive wages are more Arsenal's bag.

Agree. It's just not really our profile.

We do younger players for higher fees yet sustainable wages. Cheapies on massive wages are more Arsenal's bag.

We're not locked into that though, if the right deal is there to be made Levy will deal.

Ade and Parker spring to mind.

All the talk a while back was that Llorente to Juventus was done and dusted ages ago, well now it's gone quiet it got me thinking. Do you think maybe he realised it would be stupid to sign any agreement before the Jan window opened? I guess like anything involving agents it's probably best to hold off discussions until the window is in full flow so he can haggle the best deal as the end of Jan gets closer and closer.

(Yeah, I'm still optimistic we have a chance!)

All the talk a while back was that Llorente to Juventus was done and dusted ages ago, well now it's gone quiet it got me thinking. Do you think maybe he realised it would be stupid to sign any agreement before the Jan window opened? I guess like anything involving agents it's probably best to hold off discussions until the window is in full flow so he can haggle the best deal as the end of Jan gets closer and closer.

(Yeah, I'm still optimistic we have a chance!)

It does seem likely that they wouldn't have signed anything before January.

I do think Juve are the favourites to sign him. Llorente is entering his late twenties and he's yet to win anything of note in his career. I think going to the top side in on of the big leagues will be a big factor for him. Also Juve will match the wages of most clubs apart from the ridiculously wealthy and I don't think they will be in for him anyway.

Makes them pretty clear favourites, but there's obviously always a chance :)

On the Official Bilbao site :

"Comunicado de la Juventus
La Juventus Football Club ha comunicado el día 3 de enero de 2013 al Athletic Club que, conocedores de que Fernando Llorente concluirá su etapa el 30 de junio de 2013 en nuestro Club, iniciará negociaciones con el citado jugador para incorporarle a su disciplina."

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=12753&idi=2

I dont speak spanish, but seems like he is heading for Juve

On the Official Bilbao site :

"Comunicado de la Juventus
La Juventus Football Club ha comunicado el día 3 de enero de 2013 al Athletic Club que, conocedores de que Fernando Llorente concluirá su etapa el 30 de junio de 2013 en nuestro Club, iniciará negociaciones con el citado jugador para incorporarle a su disciplina."

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=12753&idi=2

I dont speak spanish, but seems like he is heading for Juve

Google translate:

"Juventus News
Juventus Football Club has reported on January 3, 2013 at Athletic Club who, knowing that Fernando Llorente completed the stage June 30, 2013 at our Club, begin negotiations with that player to incorporate to its discipline. "

So seems they are reporting that Juve have started negotiations with the player. Maybe they are tinkled about Juve tapping him up and just want to make sure everyone knows. Or maybe they are trying to fish for bids for him to sell him now in January.

Google translate:

"Juventus News
Juventus Football Club has reported on January 3, 2013 at Athletic Club who, knowing that Fernando Llorente completed the stage June 30, 2013 at our Club, begin negotiations with that player to incorporate to its discipline. "

So seems they are reporting that Juve have started negotiations with the player. Maybe they are tinkled about Juve tapping him up and just want to make sure everyone knows. Or maybe they are trying to fish for bids for him to sell him now in January.

Isn't all it is saying is that as his contract is up in June 2013 Juve have started pre-contract negotiations or actual negotiations for a Jan transfer? Has there been tappping up?

Isn't all it is saying is that as his contract is up in June 2013 Juve have started pre-contract negotiations or actual negotiations for a Jan transfer? Has there been tappping up?

Don't speak Spanish but pretty sure the regs are that if a player is out of contract in the summer he can begin to negotiate with overseas clubs or at least clubs outside his league to sign a pre contract to move when his contract expires in the summer. I guess that the announcement is that Juve are saying they've begun those negotiations with the player i.e. atletico just reporting the fact.

Croatia midfielder Anas Sharbini is wanted by Tottenham, according to his agent

Reports in Croatia claim that Tottenham Hotspur are lining up a deal for international midfielder Anas Sharbini.

The 25-year-old is currently playing in Saudi Arabia after signing for Al Ittihad in the summer from Hajduk Split.

But Spurs are reportedly very keen on the Sharbini and his agent says they want to do a deal.

"It is true, Sharbini is close to moving to England," Ned Kujundzic told Vecernji.

"His club Al Ittihad and Tottenham are in talks about transfer and I can only say that Spurs really wants Anas. It is now up to clubs to agree transfer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8378553

Reports in Croatia claim that Tottenham Hotspur are lining up a deal for international midfielder Anas Sharbini.

The 25-year-old is currently playing in Saudi Arabia after signing for Al Ittihad in the summer from Hajduk Split.

But Spurs are reportedly very keen on the Sharbini and his agent says they want to do a deal.

"It is true, Sharbini is close to moving to England," Ned Kujundzic told Vecernji.

"His club Al Ittihad and Tottenham are in talks about transfer and I can only say that Spurs really wants Anas. It is now up to clubs to agree transfer."

Sounds like he went chasing to the Middle East chasing the money and is now regretting it.

I smell a rat.

"Spurs want Anas"

Now, if it had been Arsene wants Anas..................

Watched a video of him, seems to have bundles of energy, played more like a LWB but his decision making looks iffy at best.

Tottenham leading charge to sign Moussa Sissoko

Tottenham Hotspur lead the race to sign Moussa Sissoko, the France midfielder, on a pre-contract agreement amid strong interest from several other Barclays Premier League clubs.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Arsenal have also held advanced talks about the 23-year-old, who plays for Toulouse and has appeared for France at youth and senior level, but there is also interest from clubs in Italy — including AC Milan and Juventus — and Germany for him. Tottenham first considered signing Sissoko four years ago, when he emerged as a player with a reputation as an energetic and powerful player.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3647604.ece

Tottenham Hotspur and Emirates Marketing Project join hunt to recruit Fernando Llorente
Juventus remain favourites to sign Llorente from Athletic Bilbao

At least two Barclays Premier League clubs, believed to be Tottenham Hotspur and Emirates Marketing Project, have joined Juventus, the Italian champions, in expressing their interest in opening talks over signing Fernando Llorente, the Spain striker, on a free transfer this summer.

Arsenal are also tracking the 27-year-old, who has informed Athletic Bilbao that he will not sign a new contract. Bilbao released a statement on their official website yesterday saying that Juventus had informed the Basque club they intended to open talks with Llorente before a move at the end of the season.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3647576.ece

Back