• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Spurs need to act quickly with Damaio or we might end up with an Oscar situation again where another club nicks one of AVB's desired targets from under our noses

This. Hopefully Levy his learnt his lessons with last minute transfers.

I very much doubt it. Seems to me that leaving transfers to the last minute is, in some cases, very much a deliberate policy, with Levy believing that that is where he will get the best value.

Regardless of whether or not he is right about that, he is certainly calculating enough to let such a consideration direct transfer policy. He will see it as for the long term good of the club even if, in the meanwhile, we lose out on some signings.

I very much doubt it. Seems to me that leaving transfers to the last minute is, in some cases, very much a deliberate policy, with Levy believing that that is where he will get the best value.

Regardless of whether or not he is right about that, he is certainly calculating enough to let such a consideration direct transfer policy. He will see it as for the long term good of the club even if, in the meanwhile, we lose out on some signings.

Exactly, and I think he's right on the money about it.

We will sign players early if we can and the deal is there to be made as we have shown a number of times, but Levy will continue with his brinkmanship (as people like to call it) because it works.

:lol: Leandro??? in what way? cant see many similarities myself
Has an excellent touch and skill especially for his size. He's strong and has a powerful shot on him. All skills I would credit to Zlatan. Hopefully not as crazy as him though!

Would anyone take bent back?

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah

Crikey how mature.

ditto lol

perhaps he leaves the transfer to the last minute in order to let the big boys get theirs out of the way. If it looks like we are getting a good deal then in swoops Chelsea etc.

I think this is the lesson to be learnt from Oscar we tried to do our business early and in swooped Chelsea, if we kept a hat on it and tried at the end of the window perhaps it would have been more difficult for them to free up cash. Remember once we agree a deal the players agent then calls everyone up to offer him around to try and get him more cash.

perhaps he leaves the transfer to the last minute in order to let the big boys get theirs out of the way. If it looks like we are getting a good deal then in swoops Chelsea etc.

I think this is the lesson to be learnt from Oscar we tried to do our business early and in swooped Chelsea, if we kept a hat on it and tried at the end of the window perhaps it would have been more difficult for them to free up cash. Remember once we agree a deal the players agent then calls everyone up to offer him around to try and get him more cash.

In what way or at what time would it ever be that tricky for Chelsea or City to 'free up cash'??
Chelsea had Oscar on their radar as much as we did (partly because they are still by some accounts using AVBs scouting reports)
We could go early and steal a march on them.
We could go late once all other business has been done or we might just get lucky as and when we stick our toe in

but thinking we can out-strategise successfully based on sugar daddy cash flow problems seems bizarrely optimistic to me.

At the end of the window there is a good chance they have finished their business meaning we can get on with our without them gazumping us

At the end of the window there is a good chance they have finished their business meaning we can get on with our without them gazumping us

I doubt the big clubs sit around waiting for us to make a move so that they can gazump us. With Oscar and Hazard if the rumours are to be believed and we really were in for them I think it's just a case of them being interested in the same players as us and them rather predictably getting them.

I don't think we sit around waiting for them to finish their business, but if the players know there's interest from bigger clubs they will often wait to make a decision until the bigger club makes their decision so we're forced to wait. Then when they are done we kinda have to just pick up the pieces. In the summer those pieces were Ade, Lloris and Dempsey though so not that bad.

We went in early for Vertonghen, Sig and (fairly early for) Dembele without getting gazumped. I think a few clubs regret that now, especially over Verts and Dembele. Massive for us to secure those two.

I doubt the big clubs sit around waiting for us to make a move so that they can gazump us. With Oscar and Hazard if the rumours are to be believed and we really were in for them I think it's just a case of them being interested in the same players as us and them rather predictably getting them.

I don't think we sit around waiting for them to finish their business, but if the players know there's interest from bigger clubs they will often wait to make a decision until the bigger club makes their decision so we're forced to wait. Then when they are done we kinda have to just pick up the pieces. In the summer those pieces were Ade, Lloris and Dempsey though so not that bad.

We went in early for Vertonghen, Sig and (fairly early for) Dembele without getting gazumped. I think a few clubs regret that now, especially over Verts and Dembele. Massive for us to secure those two.

Chelsea have been directly competing with us for a Champions' League place these last two season and they have the money to sign promising young players in order to stop their competitors getting them, in fact, I think that this is exactly what they are doing.

Maybe not but when it looks like we are about to get a good deal for a top player and an agent calls them and let's them know that they can get a great deal they will. We were heverly linked with carzola and Oscar there agents used that to get better deals

Spurs need to act quickly with Damaio or we might end up with an Oscar situation again where another club nicks one of AVB's desired targets from under our noses

quickly?!?!? We've been linked to him for about 3 years! Wont ever happen

Chelsea probably still have a list of AVB's targets, add to that they can stockpile young players and loan them out in anticipation of FFP, add to that they're ****s of the highest order....

I'm very excited by L'equipe's Belhanda link. I've only seen a little of him, but he fits the profile - young, much cheaper than Moutinho, highly productive (12 goals, 4 assists in 28 apps last season), versatile midfielder that could interchange with Holtby to offer two scoring/creative threats, etc. Though I'd still be wondering about the aspects that are harder to show with stats - touch, passing technique, intelligence etc. I'm just desperate for a visionary passer-cum-playmaker here :lol:

Chelsea probably still have a list of AVB's targets, add to that they can stockpile young players and loan them out in anticipation of FFP, add to that they're ****s of the highest order....

I'm very excited by L'equipe's Belhanda link. I've only seen a little of him, but he fits the profile - young, much cheaper than Moutinho, highly productive (12 goals, 4 assists in 28 apps last season), versatile midfielder that could interchange with Holtby to offer two scoring/creative threats, etc. Though I'd still be wondering about the aspects that are harder to show with stats - touch, passing technique, intelligence etc. I'm just desperate for a visionary passer-cum-playmaker here :lol:

Only just signed for Fenerbahce though hasn't he?

Only just signed for Fenerbahce though hasn't he?

Contract agreed with Fenerbahce but Monpellier want more money than is being offered so the press state. Our interest in this could just be them trying to up the price or it could be legit.

Back