• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I wonder if there's any truth in stories linking Welbeck with a loan move. Given their attacking options, and his lack of form, I guess it's not implausible.

I think he'd be a fantastic signing for us and no doubt he'd be keen. Can't imagine Utd would loan to us, mind...particulary after Fryers.

Welbeck is vastly over rated

Welbeck is vastly over rated

I'm not sure that he is, actually. If anything, I would say that he is underrated.

I don't, for a moment, expect that Utd would loan him to us or that we are interested. But we could do a lot worse than taking him on for five months, especially if we cannot (or are unable to) secure our permanent striker targets in this window.

Our lack of cover up front scares me.

Welbeck might be many things, but underrated is not one.

I'd say he's rated just about right.

He was playing very well when He was playing week in week out. Then they bought RVP and he's been bench sitting most of the season.

Though that doesn't mean much, RVP would push 99.9% of strikers to the bench.

I don't agree he was playing all that well considering the quality surrounding him. People moan about Ade, how about a less skillful version? But maybe that's okay as long as he runs around a lot.

Welbeck might be many things, but underrated is not one.

Well, that's the thing, you see. It's entirely subjective. Not scientific at all. And, what's more, the opinion that a player is underrated, overrated or rated just about right inevitably varies from person to person because it depends entirely upon how they themselves rate that player.

I happen to think that he's a decent and versatile striker but a majority of people I've heard pass judgement on him have a lower opinion. Which makes him, in my opinion, somewhat underrated.

Well, that's the thing, you see. It's entirely subjective. Not scientific at all. And, what's more, the opinion that a player is underrated, overrated or rated just about right inevitably varies from person to person because it depends entirely upon how they themselves rate that player.

I happen to think that he's a decent and versatile striker but a majority of people I've heard pass judgement on him have a lower opinion. Which makes him, in my opinion, somewhat underrated.

They'd still be overrating him. :-"

I know what you're saying. To put it another way: I don't rate him as good enough for us and those that do would then be overrating him.

I see Sporting CP are having a shocker of a season (unlikely to make Europe in any form) - are there any decent players we could raid in the summer?

van Wolfswinkel / Capel?

I see Sporting CP are having a shocker of a season (unlikely to make Europe in any form) - are there any decent players we could raid in the summer?

van Wolfswinkel / Capel?

Blimey Capel is a blast from the past. He was gonna be our new amazing winger about 6 years wasn't he.. way back before Bale came through. I take it his form dipped in Spain if he had to move to Portugal?

EDIT: Just checked Wiki and he's only 24! I think it was 2008 we were linked heavily with him?

Last edited:
Van Wolfswinkel is pretty highly rated. So was Pranjic at one point when he was at Bayern.

Did Veloso just fade? Was linked to the prem every year but never happened.

Sevilla president in London today to discuss deal for Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea and Arsenal target Alvaro Negredo

11:40am Thursday 10th January 2013 in Spurs

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido flew to London this morning to finalise the transfer of the club's top striker Alvaro Negredo, according to reports in the Spanish media.

Negredo talked up a move to the Premier League this week and with Sevilla in deep financial trouble it seems the club are keen to cash in on the Spanish forward as soon as possible.

Del Nido reportedly flew to London at 9.10am today with a view to securing €18m for the player (around £15m) although the price is believed to be negotiable.

The club that Sevilla are in talks with is unknown, but Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham have all expressed an interest in the past, with Spurs making an official approach for the player in January 2011.

If a deal can be struck, the transfer could be completed very quickly with Negredo eager to move to England.

The 27-year-old has been one of La Liga's most consistent performers in recent seasons, scoring 46 goals in 76 games.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/spurs/10153725._/

A club in financial trouble, needing to sell a star player at a negotiable, bargain price...........................???

Levy will be all over that.

I'd be happy if we do go for him. Good player. Consistent scorer. A position which we need to strengthen.

Can see Levy getting him down to 8m. I'd take that.

Don't know enough about him to be comfortable spending 15m...not that the price affects me whatsoever.

Redknapp reunion: QPR win the race to sign Livermore on loan from Spurs

QPR have won the race to sign Spurs midfielder Jake Livermore on-loan for the rest of the season.

The Premier League's bottom club saw off competition from a number of Premier League teams, including Everton, Norwich, West Brom and Reading, to sign the midfielder.

Harry Redknapp managed Livermore at Spurs and is believed to have had a big influence on the midfielder's decision to move to Loftus Road.

He was only allowed to leave on loan as Andre Villas-Boas believes he has a long-term future at White Hart Lane.

Sportsmail reported this week that Everton's bid to sign Livermore was rejected because Tottenham will not strengthen one of their rivals for the Champions League places.

Livermore started the season strongly, making his England debut against Italy in August and forcing his way into the first team before he had a hernia operation, which ruled him out for six weeks.

Sandro and Mousa Dembele have since established an excellent partnership and the return of Scott Parker after six months out with an achilles injury will limit his chances but Spurs are keen for Livermore to gain more Premier League experience.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...R-sign-Jake-Livermore-loan.html#ixzz2HaAJJ8m2

It's good for Livermore to go out and play. right now he wouldnt get a starting place in our midfield and on current development probably never will. He needs to play to see how his game progresses.

This is a good move for Jake and Spurs. Firstly I think he still has a future at Spurs so a loan is ideal for both parties. He's not been great this year to be honest, but last season he had some very good performances when he was getting regular action. Jake is at the stage where he needs game time to progress and that's what should get at QPR. He may never dislodge the Sandro's of this world, but he's young and will develop to a better player than he currently is.

I think this move may hint at another midfield transfer, that or Jenas is back to stay :eek:

hopefully he can step up like Danny Rose seemingly has at Sunderland with some regular first team football as he is a player id like to see succeed at Spurs

Back