• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

This should have gone in a number of places but I'll put it here because it concerns a few players

Spurs will step up their bid to replace Emmanuel Adebayor with fresh £15m move for Leandro Damiao

Emmanuel Adebayor could leave Tottenham in the summer if the club manage to bring in another forward this month.

Adebayor’s apparent decision to represent Togo at the Africa Cup of Nations, despite originally indicating he would not play in the tournament, has left Spurs short of strikers and they are now likely to renew their interest in long-term target Leandro Damiao.

Tottenham are thought to be preparing a £15million offer for Internacional forward but the deal is a complicated one to complete.

Third-party ownership is common in Brazilian football and there are thought to be other investors, outside Internacional, with a stake in Damiao’s contract.

Spurs flew to Porto Alegre, where Damiao’s club are based, last August to try to conclude the transfer but they must reach an agreement with all the interested parties before they can hope to bring Damiao to London. In the past, this has proved beyond them.

Tottenham head coach Andre Villas-Boas is a huge admirer of Damiao and Adebayor’s departure to South Africa on international duty has made the need to strengthen more urgent.

Without Adebayor, Jermain Defoe is the club’s only senior striker as they attempt to solidify their place in the top four and push on in the FA Cup and Europa League.

Should Damiao or another forward arrive, either in this window or the next, it is understood the club would be open to offers for Adebayor. While it is highly unlikely that he would depart in the current transfer window, the situation would be different in the summer.

Adebayor has scored only three goals in a stop-start campaign and has yet to recapture the excellent form he displayed while on loan last season. If Villas-Boas is given the elite striker he covets, Adebayor could find himself third choice — a situation ideal neither for him nor the club.

Meanwhile, Tottenham are seeking to move on some of their fringe players during the transfer window, with midfielder Jake Livermore and Tom Huddlestone close to making an exit.

Livermore is wanted by Queens Park Rangers, with a loan deal more likely than a permanent move, while Fulham have shown an interest in Huddlestone, who worked under their manager Martin Jol at Tottenham.

Huddlestone, 26, joined Spurs from Derby in 2005 for £2.5m and has won four England caps.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...resh-15m-move-for-leandro-damiao-8442556.html

Spurs are always so predictable when it comes to a transfer window, we will buy midfielders, defenders and keepers but us getting a striker always seems to remind me of squeezing water from a stone

Spurs are always so predictable when it comes to a transfer window, we will buy midfielders, defenders and keepers but us getting a striker always seems to remind me of squeezing water from a stone

Defoe, Keane, Crouch, VdV and Ade.

Even ignoring VdV if you don't want to include him as a striker that's one per season on average in the last 4 years.

Even ignoring VdV if you don't want to include him as a striker that's one per season on average in the last 4 years.
You missed out Pav, Bent, Gudjonsen and Saha. None were good enough bar vdV and he's gone. Ade has now lost interest and is gone for a month or more. DL got away with Eider two seasons ago, fudged up with Saha last year. He needs to hit the bullseye this wndow.

Cant see us buying a CF in this window - was trying to think whether there were any CFs out there who we might get in on loan. Kind of like Schneider ie someone who is out of favour at his club and could easily be enticed on a short term deal to restart their career. But a CF not WS. Thoughts?

You missed out Pav, Bent, Gudjonsen and Saha. None were good enough bar vdV and he's gone. Ade has now lost interest and is gone for a month or more. DL got away with Eider two seasons ago, fudged up with Saha last year. He needs to hit the bullseye this wndow.

Always makes me a bit sad when people mention Eider, it was so nice to have an option to bring on that would actually affect the team in a positive way as a striker should. Graceful player, had a very positive influence in my opinion, shame he couldn't keep his fitness up as I think he'd have helped the season after we had him. The dreaded Defrouchenko season would have been helped by a fit and firing Eider.

Cant see us buying a CF in this window - was trying to think whether there were any CFs out there who we might get in on loan. Kind of like Schneider ie someone who is out of favour at his club and could easily be enticed on a short term deal to restart their career. But a CF not WS. Thoughts?

Could Guillaume Hoarau be that guy? Has anyone seen him play? Seems to be the most high profile striker that will most likely move this window.

I don't think we'll bring anyone in though, we'll most likely stick with Defoe unless we're forced to do otherwise, then we'll play Dempsey as CF. Then if Dempseys injured/suspened we'd probably put Bale there.

Ade has been a bit of a disaster for us, came back pre season unfit, first game he starts he gets a three match ban and now he is tinkling off for a few weeks, it must rankle with our board.

Ade has been a bit of a disaster for us, came back pre season unfit, first game he starts he gets a three match ban and now he is tinkling off for a few weeks, it must rankle with our board.

He was our top scorer last year and he scored in our last EPL game. Such a disaster we should have more of.

He was our top scorer last year and he scored in our last EPL game. Such a disaster we should have more of.

Suffice to say this season he has been very poor or would you suggest that a goal in our last league match belies that fact

Yet each season we have been wanting in both quantity and quality. And no VDV is not a striker and Keane was utter brick when he came back.

And this season and last season we had just 2 strikers

As it has been pointed out on numerous occasions, last season is not this season.

He has shown that he has it in him to be the striker we need, however that striker is currently MIA.

We are going to have issues if Defoe does not regain the form he showed earlier in the season.

Yet each season we have been wanting in both quantity and quality. And no VDV is not a striker and Keane was utter brick when he came back.

And this season and last season we had just 2 strikers

VdV did essentially replace a striker in our squad though. You happy calling him a forward?

What's the difference between having VdV and 3 strikers giving you 4 players who can play in the two most advanced positions of a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 and having 4 strikers?

You did see the post I was replying to.

We've been wanting in both quantity and quality? Compared to who? The very best in the league? Sure...

I am a fan of Ade, but he seems to be a different player now he has his contract, I would be ecstatic if he returned to last years form.

I wonder if there's any truth in stories linking Welbeck with a loan move. Given their attacking options, and his lack of form, I guess it's not implausible.

I think he'd be a fantastic signing for us and no doubt he'd be keen. Can't imagine Utd would loan to us, mind...particulary after Fryers.

Back