• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Didn't we have players like JJ and Bentley reg'd? Also Cudicini? Maybe some room somewhere now, don't know all the ins and outs of it. But it would be terrible if the rules stopped Obika getting a chance, cos I'm pretty sure they were brought to help give home-grown talent a better chance - maybe I'm being deluded here :)

RAMSEY ON U21s

Chris Ramsey was pleased to see our footballing principles stick despite the snowy conditions as we opened up Phase Two of Barclays Under-21 Premier League with an impressive 5-1 win against Wolves on Monday.

The snow fell progressively heavier throughout the match and eventually settled on the playing surface but that did little to stop the team getting off to a flyer in the Elite Group.

Goals from Jon Obika (2), Andros Townsend’s fine free-kick, Tom Carroll and Yago Falque saw the team home as they now aim for a place in the top three and the knockout stage of the competition.

“The performance showed our character in terms of sticking to the philosophy of how we want to play, regardless of the conditions,” said Chris, our Senior Professional Phase Coach.

“At times we’ll come a cropper, but we did really well against Wolves, created a lot of chances.

“Wolves actually gave us a very good game and might have scored another couple of goals, but everyone did it right and we were lucky to have the likes of Jake Livermore, Tom Carroll and Ryan Mason in midfield and it doesn’t get much better than that – it’s a Premier League midfield.

“We want to progress to the semi-finals and hopefully beyond and this is the first of maybe 10 wins we’ll need to get there. The main thing is to stick to the way we want to play and at the same time, showing that level of consistency.”

FRYERS ON SPURS

Zeki Fryers has settled quickly into his new footballing life at Spurs.

The England youth international has linked-up with our Development Squad after switching from Standard Liege and impressed in his first competitive match for us on Monday, as our Under-21s beat Wolves 5-1 in the Barclays U21 Premier League.

“It’s been great so far, mixing in with the lads and the facilities here are great to learn and to get better,” said Zeki.

“I knew a couple of the lads from England youth internationals and I pretty much know everyone already. I’ve just got to get to know the staff now! I’m very happy to be here.”

Zeki looked to bomb forward at every opportunity as our Under-21s produced another exciting performance against Wolves, full of short, sharp passing and attacking intent.

In the end goals from Jon Obika (2), Andros Townsend, Tom Carroll and Yago Falque saw the team kick-off Phase Two of the Barclays U21 Premier League and the Elite Group in style.

“It was a difficult game because of the conditions, but that didn’t faze us, we were still able to play our football and score the goals,” added Zeki.

“It was great to play in the friendly (against Charlton) last week, playing 60 minutes there and I played 90 minutes against Wolves. I’ve now got to build on that.”

SPURS XI 8-1 PETERBOROUGH UNITED

Tottenham's reserve team (Spurs XI) had a resounding 8-1 win against Peterborough United at Hotspur Way, Enfield today.

Goals from: Pritchard (4) Ceballos (2), Luongo & Coulthirst

Good to see Pritchard and Luongo amongst the goals both of them look quality prospects that could break through with us imo

Updated list of our goalscorers:

A1588.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, NextGen (U-19s) & Academy (U-18s) 2012-13

i reckon someone has been in his ear about a move away - very unlike Spurs to let a young players contract run down like this - shame because everything i have read sounds very positive for the lad

Alex Pritchard stole the show with four goals in 20 minutes in a relentless second-half performance as the Development Squad beat 8-1 against a Peterborough United side on Tuesday afternoon at Hotspur Way.
A Cristian Ceballos goal gave us a slender lead at the break despite dominating proceedings, but the lads showed the gulf in quality between the two sides with a superb second period that saw us hit the back of the net seven times.

Our high-pressing tactics saw Peterborough’s defence crumble as Pritchard grabbed an impressive four goals in quick succession and Ceballos completed his brace.

Peterborough managed a consolation before Luongo and Coulthirst completed the rout late on.

We took the lead in the 11th minute when Pritchard's shot from 25-yards forced a sprawling save from Peterborough’s keeper, with the onrushing Ceballos on hand to tuck home the rebound.

But despite dominating proceedings, that was as good as it got for Spurs before the break. Massimo Luongo controlled the midfield well, while Tomislav Gomelt and Dean Parrett linked up to good effect, repeatedly driving towards the opposition defence.

But a reinvigorated side emerged for the second-half and got straight in the faces of their opponents who subsequently retreated to the edge of their box.

The added space in midfield allowed Pritchard to take the game by the scruff of the neck in a sublime period of play.

Firstly, Gomelt worked some space on the left to send a looping ball onto Pritchard’s foot which the 19-year-old guided into the back of the net, and the diminutive winger grabbed his second just a few minutes later, lashing home after good work by Ceballos from the right-flank.

Pritchard, who joined our Academy in 2009, then grabbed his hat-trick by bending a right-footed free-kick around the wall into the bottom right corner from 20-yards.

And he did not stop there as he completed his personal tally with a brilliant fourth for 5-0 on 69 minutes.

A good spell of Spurs possession culminated in a mazy run from the left before he whipped home from the edge of the area.

'Boro grabbed a consolation goal three minutes later via Jonson Clarke-Harris' superb finish from 30-yards beating substitute goalkeeper Liam Priestley.

But soon after, a great save by our young 'keeper began the breakaway move which ended with Ceballos bending in his second goal of the day into the top left corner from 12-yards to re-establish the five-goal lead.

Luongo then added the seventh by prodding home after some neat interplay through the middle on 84 minutes and Coulthirst bundled home a Pritchard pull-back shortly before full-time to complete the scoring.

SPURS TEAM:

Miles (Priestley, 63); Byrne; Barthram; Gallifuoco; Stewart; Luongo; Parrett (Bentaleb, 70); Gomelt; Coulibaly (Coulthirst, 82); Ceballos; Pritchard.

i reckon someone has been in his ear about a move away - very unlike Spurs to let a young players contract run down like this - shame because everything i have read sounds very positive for the lad

Then again, none of us really knows whether or not he has signed a new contract or whether or not he's happy at Spurs.

Hope he's given a few chances in the first team at some point - even if only as a late sub in a cup game.

Then again, none of us really knows whether or not he has signed a new contract or whether or not he's happy at Spurs.

Hope he's given a few chances in the first team at some point - even if only as a late sub in a cup game.

Definitely, but this not signing a contract doesnt look too good at the moment

We must not lose pritchard

This young lad is a real talent .
Scored 4 today , and scores some cracking free kicks .
overall a fantastic little player , with what looks like a bright future .
let's all hope it's at Tottenham.

I rate Pritchard so highly, I'll be gutted if we lose him. It'd probably be our biggest 'youth loss' since Souness. And did that haunt us over the years.

haha, this pritchard hype on here is a joke

Time will tell, to me he looks like our best home-grown attacking talent since Hoddle. He looks absolute class.

My one real worry for him is his height, I hope he can get a little taller, though he's nearly 20, so that's starting to look unlikely.

Last edited:
Time will tell, to me he looks like our best home-grown attacking talent since Hoddle. He looks absolute class.

I hope your right also i would imagine they are confident of him signing a new contract otherwise why play him? they would just give game time to aother of the youngsters surely.

I wonder what our plan is for our ever increasing pile of supposedly decent talent who are now too old to play in the U-19s. By the time a player is 20 they want to be getting close to the first team or playing regularly on loan somewhere - the U21 PL is fine but not sure that its a substitute for proper football. Ever excluding people who seem to constantly fail on loan like Parrett and Bostock, the number of players in this 19 to 21 year bracket is increasing with the likes of Pritchard, Ceballos etc now getting into that range

Back