• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

I take it WHU don't create the youth they used to?

Or maybe they do, but we create *buy* better.

I've no idea.

Sounds like McEvoy had a good first 22 mins, I'd love to see him break through just to get him and his dad in the same team

57 mins: Goal West Ham 3-2 - we failed to clear our lines, allowing Lee to cross for Bywater to head home at far post. 3-2

Or maybe they do, but we create *buy* better.

I've no idea.

Sounds like McEvoy had a good first 22 mins, I'd love to see him break through just to get him and his dad in the same team

is he Gareth's young lad? aye, would be nice to see father and son playing together for Spurs

5-2 to Spurs Kenneth McEvoy with his second of the night & 9th for the U-18s this season.

Last edited:
FA Youth Cup 4th Round: West Ham United 2-5 Tottenham Hotspur

A three-goal blast in the first half paved the way for what turned into a thrilling FA Youth Cup win at West Ham on Tuesday night.

Roman Michael-Percil, Shaq Coulthirst and Kenny McEvoy scored in the space of 10 minutes to put the lads 3-0 up and looking set to run riot at Upton Park.

But a moment's lapse in concentration allowed the Hammers back into the game before the break and a second goal in the 57th minute gave the home side real hope of an unlikely comeback.

The sheer pace of McEvoy, Michael-Percil and Coulthirst meant we were always a threat going forward, but the key fourth goal came in unlikely circumstances as Grant Ward's speculative 35-yarder found the top corner.

McEvoy's second and our fifth late on gave the scoreline a more of a reflection of the 90 minutes.

The lads looked in complete control midway through the first half.

The first goal arrived on 11 minutes as McEvoy timed his cross perfectly for Michael-Percil sliding in at the far post.

Michael-Percil was involved in the second on 17 minutes, drilling in a cross from the right that Coulthirst met with a lovely angled volley into the corner.

McEvoy scored the third on 22 minutes, latching onto Luke McGee's clearance and racing into the box before calmly sliding the ball past Gines Rosqiue.

West Ham were offered a flicker of light in the 37th minute when Laste Dombaxe miscontrolled on half-way, allowing Elliot Lee to charge into the box unchallenged and he finished well across McGee.

Dombaxe and McEvoy had early efforts in the second half but there were signs that West Ham were starting to believe a little more, led by Kieran Bywater and Lee.

Bywater let rip from 25 yards, forcing a fine tip over from McGee but it was soon 3-2 as we failed to clear our lines and Lee crossed for Bywater to head home at the far post.

Coulthirst was somehow denied twice from point-blank range seconds later and we remained lively in the attacking third and always likey to score, McEvoy fashioned an opening on 67 minutes and drilled straight at Rosqiue.

Despitre all that fine attacking play, the fourth goal, key on the night, came from nowhere as Ward curled towards goal from fully 35 yards, Rosqiue misread the ball's flight and it ended up in the top corner.

That goal burst the home team's bubble and it was no surprise when McEvoy added the fifth in the 84th minute, tapping in after Ward won possession and Coulthirst turned Emmanuel Onariase before forcing a fine save from Rosqiue.

West Ham (4-1-4-1): Rosqiue; Alexander, Harney, Nasha (Marlow, 77), Shaw; Miles (Onariase, 70); Mavila (Gogo, 82), Cullen, Bywater, Sadlier; Lee. Unused subs: Brown, Page.

Spurs (4-3-3):

McGee;

McQueen, Ogilvie, Veljkovic, Ward;

Dombaxe (Lesniak, 85), Bentaleb, Onomah (Winks, 50);

Michael-Percil (Akindayini, 81), Coulthirst, McEvoy.

Unused subs: Ball, Priestley.​

Goals:

West Ham - Lee (37), Bywater (57).

Spurs - Michael-Percil (11), Coulthirst (17), McEvoy (22, 84), Ward (75).

Been thinking this for a while myself. Granted games like Man Utd we couldnt have taken the gamble, but really thought someone like Cebellos,Pritchard,etc; could have got a spot on the bench v Reading, or certainly Coventry City

When they changed the rules they should have made it so that at least one player has to be homegrown and under the age of 21 or something

When they changed the rules they should have made it so that at least one player has to be homegrown and under the age of 21 or something

That was the original idea of increasing the number of subs from 5 to 7, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Updated goal stats after West Ham 2-5 Spurs...

A1633.jpg

Last edited:
McDermott on West Ham Win:

John McDermott spoke of his pride after our Academy’s fine 5-2 win at West Ham in the FA Youth Cup on Tuesday night – not least the purple patch that laid the foundations for the victory.

Three goals in a little over 10 minutes in the first half from Roman Michael-Percil, Shaq Coulthirst and Kenny McEvoy put the lads firmly in the driving seat in the fourth round tie at Upton Park.

However, the Hammers capitalised on a mistake to reduce arrears before half-time and then struck again to make it 3-2 in the 57th minute.

We always looked dangerous though and when Grant Ward curled home from fully 35 yards for 4-2, the tie was all-but over. McEvoy added his second for 5-2 five minutes from time and it could have been more.

“I was really proud of the team in that first 20, 25 minutes,” said John, our Academy Manager. “The first two or three minutes were a bit nervy from both sides but when we got hold of the game, we had 25 minutes where we were excellent

“We were then a little lax in midfield and they got back into the game. That spoiled the first half a little and put us on a bit of a backward momentum. Then they scored the second to make it 3-2.

“We’ve spoken a lot about it since Anderlecht (a 2-0 loss in the NextGen in December) and some of our first half performances have been excellent but once we’ve been on the back foot, we’ve stayed on the back foot.

“What I liked about us this time was how we wrestled the game back and I thought by the end, we were more likely to score more goals.

“Kenny and Roman provided penetration with pace and our play in the front half of the pitch was excellent.

“Grant Ward has also been doing really well and he sustained that on the big stage. It’s the same with Roman, he’s been playing well in training and he’s now done it on the main stage as well. That’s what you want to see. It’s great to do it against Sunderland or West Brom but to do it at Upton Park, when everyone’s here, I was really pleased for them.”

Back