• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Revionism at its finest. Some Spurs fans thought that. Most I knew were revelling in the fact that the next big thing since Mourinho was turning out to be a complete dunce and enjoying taking the tinkle! And a lot of Spurs fans I know were gutted when Chelsea fired him because they were worried that Chelsea would start performing like they should have been from the beginning of the season!

There is a big difference to singing the downfall of Chelsea, and wishing bad things on someone thats had a raw deal. I think if you take away all the football most people would have had sympathy for AVB and the situation he found himself in.

Revionism at its finest. Some Spurs fans thought that. Most I knew were revelling in the fact that the next big thing since Mourinho was turning out to be a complete dunce and enjoying taking the tinkle! And a lot of Spurs fans I know were gutted when Chelsea fired him because they were worried that Chelsea would start performing like they should have been from the beginning of the season!

I don't think the two view points are mutually exclusive.

Disagree - I don't remember there being a majority who thought this at all.

Yes, people were worried that Chelsea would start performing if he left, but that was due to the disruption that the in-fighting was causing. Most people could recognise that an overhaul would be needed soon, and that the likes of Terry were fighting it. As I remember, there was plenty of sympathy for AVB, and plenty of laughing at Abramovich... well, we saw how that ended.

How come Arse have all these high-placed league finishes, all this CL football, a shiny new stadium...and yet all the fudging dirty sexy brick happens at Spurs? It's bloody great.

Why are we going for Oscar as not Leandro? We are never going to buy 2 of their best players so can only think we are going for the wrong one...

im not convinced by Leandro, he looks like the Brazilian Jordan Rhodes to me...we may as well go for Rhodes and save ourselves 10 million in the process

This. I've said for a long time, Terry is a cancer on that club. Flys in the face of them winning the CL maybe but that's my opinion.

Yep I laughed at Chelsea's demise but felt sorry for AVB.

Am over the moon on this signing and think it will pay off.

You can quote me if I'm wrong as I won't have any shame if it turns out to be bad but so what of it does.

Rather be a risk taker than not and you never know until you try, give the guy a chance

What will be "announcement of the day" tomorrow then after 3 announcements in 3 days? We have to keep up the one announcement per day average now that we're on a roll :)

I'm gonna go for an outgoing since that seems to where the talk is.

Leandro looks like he could be a good striker, Oscar looks like he could be a superstar. Also you say we won't sign their two best players .... well we've already signed one :)

Leandro looks like he could be a good striker, Oscar looks like he could be a superstar. Also you say we won't sign their two best players .... well we've already signed one :)

The good news is that they could go and find another 10 with the money they get. I think Enic should buy into the club personally.

Nilmar from Vilarreal was supposed to be joining Internacional, not sure whats happening with that one, but once he does join then i guess its the green light for them to sell either Oscar or Leandro

maybe they want to sell first though before they buy......

Back