• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't really blame GDS for wanting a fresh start...

Giovani Dos Santos targets Spain return - ESPN Soccernet

Giovani Dos Santos says he wants to return to Spain after making only two Premier League starts in four years at Tottenham.

Dos Santos, 23, moved to White Hart Lane from Barcelona for £4.7 million and has since spent spells on loan at Racing Santander, Galatasaray and mid-table Championship club Ipswich.

Although the Mexican midfielder remains a Tottenham player, he said he was confident that a move back to Spain would happen sooner rather than later despite accusing Spurs of pricing him out of a transfer.

He has been linked with a switch to Sevilla, Real Betis or Atletico Madrid, and told ESPN Radio: "I want to return to Spain.

"There is a new coach at Tottenham, a new season is starting and it is clear to me that I want to return to Spanish football. I think that I will be able to announce the move soon.

"Tottenham have always tried to sell me for double the price that they paid for me. There are offers, but nothing can be made public yet."

Gone to jail?

Steven Pienaar appeared in the Randburg Magistrate's Court, South Africa, on Wednesday, where he denied charges of assault.
His accuser, Thabang Mnisi, the son of Deputy Minister of Public Service and Administration Ayanda Dlodlo, did not appear in court and failed to attend a scheduled identity parade on Tuesday,

His lawyer said that video footage would put Pienaar in the clear. The case has been postponed to September 6

Steven Pienaar appeared in the Randburg Magistrate's Court, South Africa, on Wednesday, where he denied charges of assault.
His accuser, Thabang Mnisi, the son of Deputy Minister of Public Service and Administration Ayanda Dlodlo, did not appear in court and failed to attend a scheduled identity parade on Tuesday,

His lawyer said that video footage would put Pienaar in the clear. The case has been postponed to September 6

I dunno, he's got form: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-18023401

Italian source Corriere dello Sport claim that Liverpool are to mount a €22m (£17m) bid for Fiorentina attacker Steven Jovetic as Brendan Rodgers looks to improve the Merseyside club’s threadbare attacking options.

Italian source Corriere dello Sport claim that Liverpool are to mount a €22m (£17m) bid for Fiorentina attacker Steven Jovetic as Brendan Rodgers looks to improve the Merseyside club’s threadbare attacking options.

gowan Daniel my san, you know what to do:)......18 mill bid and 20k a week more should do it;)

im not convinced by Leandro, he looks like the Brazilian Jordan Rhodes to me...we may as well go for Rhodes and save ourselves 10 million in the process

Yeah, Huddersfield are as good as the Brazilian inter and is the main striker for his national team....

Absolutely brilliant footballer; far, far too good for bricky Liverlool

Yeah, Huddersfield are as good as the Brazilian inter and is the main striker for his national team....

Brazil are not blessed with out and out number 9s at the mo......Leandro is the best of a bad bunch and i dont see many of Europes top clubs beating down Inters door trying to sign him

Brazil are not blessed with out and out number 9s at the mo......Leandro is the best of a bad bunch and i dont see many of Europes top clubs beating down Inters door trying to sign him

If they were, we wouldn't stand a chance... we're at a level where if we want quality we have to gamble on it.

from The Cobra..
The Fighting ****

Date : 5th July 2012
RE : Daniel Levy

Info : Have heard that due to his wife's illness, Daniel Levy is considering some time out from the club. Up to a year.

They weren't exactly blessed with out and out defensive midfielders a couple of years back either (Ramires still in Portugal and a back then still average Lucas), yet Sandro worked out.

from The Cobra..
The Fighting ****

Date : 5th July 2012
RE : Daniel Levy

Info : Have heard that due to his wife's illness, Daniel Levy is considering some time out from the club. Up to a year.

Would it be inappropriate with a "get better, best wishes" thread to Levy's wife based only on speculations? Probably so...

Leandro looks like he could be a good striker, Oscar looks like he could be a superstar. Also you say we won't sign their two best players .... well we've already signed one :)

My Brazilian mates tell me Oscar is a superb player who will absolutely be a world superstar. This is from Sao Paulo, Corinthians AND Botafogo supporters, they ALL say the same...i think I'd like it very very much. The other player I'd love to see would be Loris (this is considering Gomes is probably all but gone sadly)...

Back