• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
talkSPORTDrive ‏@talkSPORTDrive
When AVB was destroying CFC were Spurs fans stroking their chins saying: "Results are poor but I'd love AVB at the Lane." thought not....

Erm, I seem to remember Arcspace and I were singing his praises about wanting him at Spurs while he was at the blue scum, and as soon as he got the sack. What a stupid general statement to make from talkbrick.

Durham uses that as his personal twitter so I would think it's his view not Talksports...and we know how much of a Twunt he is!

I will hopefully be stroking my chin with a wry smile when AVB shoves all the naysayers flimflam back down their throats.

When AVB was destroying CFC were Spurs fans stroking their chins saying: "Results are poor but I'd love AVB at the Lane." thought not....

Erm, I seem to remember Arcspace and I were singing his praises about wanting him at Spurs while he was at the blue scum, and as soon as he got the sack. What a stupid general statement to make from talkbrick.

Funnily enough, when WBA were on the slide under RDM I dont remember Chelsea fans saying "Results are poor but I'd love Di Matteo at the Bridge."

F#ck off TalkSH#te

L’Equipe claims that Arsenal and Lyon have reached an agreement for Hugo Lloris.

Others on teletext saying it's personal terms agreed.

No..
Most Tottenham fans were saying what utter twunts are players like John Terry, Lampard etc were, and most had sympathy for AvB.

Cant remember the figures but net debt in the last accounts was 67m or something around that. This included buying property and training ground. I think the repayments were fairly low as its long term and nothing to worry about.

As we only delisted this year I think we will still publish accounts for the year ending 30 June but after that we wont get to see more than a summary.

Don't worry about the finances, Danny boy will have everything well planned. Whatever anyone else says about him he is still a financial genius

If memory serves, net debt was down to £56m in the latest accounts.

Pretty impressive, considering the huge amount of money spent on the new training ground and buying up and preparing all the property for the NDP.

22 january

Wojciech Szczesny ‏@13Szczesny13

Its just about time for me to grow up, delete twitter and focus on football! Thanks for all the support I have received here.

Edit: His last tweet.

No..
Most Tottenham fans were saying what utter twunts are players like John Terry, Lampard etc were, and most had sympathy for AvB.

Revionism at its finest. Some Spurs fans thought that. Most I knew were revelling in the fact that the next big thing since Mourinho was turning out to be a complete dunce and enjoying taking the tinkle! And a lot of Spurs fans I know were gutted when Chelsea fired him because they were worried that Chelsea would start performing like they should have been from the beginning of the season!

No..

This. I've said for a long time, Terry is a cancer on that club. Flys in the face of them winning the CL maybe but that's my opinion.

Revionism at its finest. Some Spurs fans thought that. Most I knew were revelling in the fact that the next big thing since Mourinho was turning out to be a complete dunce and enjoying taking the tinkle! And a lot of Spurs fans I know were gutted when Chelsea fired him because they were worried that Chelsea would start performing like they should have been from the beginning of the season!

And what you just wrote now is equally revisionist - it doesn't fit with my experience of most reactions.
And that discussion will go on eternally if we start it, so let's not. Even if we start a discussion and have to provide "proof" in one way or the other it will be copy and paste from forums and blogs and whatnot, in other words sources which have a strong opinion. And that does not make the foundation for generalization on a huge mass of people.

I remember singing "you're getting sacked in the morning" at the pub when they lost to Everton (I think it was). I very much enjoyed that.

Belgian midfielder Steven Defour is interesting Tottenham and Arsenal and could link up with new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas who attempted to sign him during his time at FC Porto.

Defour was signed by Porto last summer from Standard Liege but his agent has claimed that the 24-year old is keen on a move to England.

His agent, Paul Stefani, told Voetbal Primeur: "We did not have a concrete proposal from Tottenham Hotspur, but I can imagine that Tottenham are interested in Defour.

"When Villas-Boas was coach at FC Porto and Defour still played at Standard, he followed him. He knows what Defour is capable of.

"Arsene Wenger knows Defour, but I have not heard anything.

"But when Tottenham knocks, he would not immediately say no. It's a nice club and the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world."

Defour has a five-year contract with Porto so is unlikely to be a cheap option for either Tottenham or Arsenal.

In 2009 Defour broke his foot and received a letter from Manchester United manager Alex Fergusson which led many to believe the midfielder would be heading to Old Trafford. Defour himself admitted Manchester United were monitoring him but no transfer materialised.

Belgian midfielder Steven Defour is interesting Tottenham and Arsenal and could link up with new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas who attempted to sign him during his time at FC Porto.

Defour was signed by Porto last summer from Standard Liege but his agent has claimed that the 24-year old is keen on a move to England.

His agent, Paul Stefani, told Voetbal Primeur: "We did not have a concrete proposal from Tottenham Hotspur, but I can imagine that Tottenham are interested in Defour.

"When Villas-Boas was coach at FC Porto and Defour still played at Standard, he followed him. He knows what Defour is capable of.

"Arsene Wenger knows Defour, but I have not heard anything.

"But when Tottenham knocks, he would not immediately say no. It's a nice club and the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world."

Defour has a five-year contract with Porto so is unlikely to be a cheap option for either Tottenham or Arsenal.

In 2009 Defour broke his foot and received a letter from Manchester United manager Alex Fergusson which led many to believe the midfielder would be heading to Old Trafford. Defour himself admitted Manchester United were monitoring him but no transfer materialised.

British journalism is such a joke. Astounding that they derive a headline saying that a player "is interesting Tottenham and Arsenal" from quotes stating nothing of the kind.

Back