• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Italian source Corriere dello Sport claim that Liverpool are to mount a €22m (£17m) bid for Fiorentina attacker Steven Jovetic as Brendan Rodgers looks to improve the Merseyside club’s threadbare attacking options.

Must be someone better than Liverpool to come in for him, surely?

from The Cobra..
The Fighting ****

Date : 5th July 2012
RE : Daniel Levy

Info : Have heard that due to his wife's illness, Daniel Levy is considering some time out from the club. Up to a year.

You've got to do what you've got to do but losing Levy for a year would be bad bad news

On sky just now they have a table for net spend over 5 seasons - we were 14th with £6m!

Even more shocking - Stoke were 3rd with £60!!!

Presume that was just transfer fees obviously and not including signing on bonuses and wages?

People talk about how little some clubs spend on tarnsfers but like Fat Sam at Bolton with his various coups (Okacha, Djorkoff etc) from what I recall he paid BIG fees.

On sky just now they have a table for net spend over 5 seasons - we were 14th with £6m!

Even more shocking - Stoke were 3rd with £60!!!

Spent quite a bit haven't they!!

Crouch £10m
Palacios £10m
Jerome £5m
Jones £8m
Whitehead £5m
Tuncay £5m
Huth £5m
Begovic £4m
Kitson £5m

You've got to do what you've got to do but losing Levy for a year would be bad bad news

maybe that explains the urgency to get all the transfer business done asap, then he can get back to whats really important and the club can get on with the day to day business without him one the season is underway

Presume that was just transfer fees obviously and not including signing on bonuses and wages?

People talk about how little some clubs spend on tarnsfers but like Fat Sam at Bolton with his various coups (Okacha, Djorkoff etc) from what I recall he paid BIG fees.

Former agent Peter Harrison had a nice rant on twitter last night on what he considered the three most corrupt people in English football: Gartside, Allardyce and his agent buddy Mark Curtis. He insinuated that West Ham's owners were just turning a blind eye as long as they got promotion.

Think we'll be lucky to get 500k for khumalo my mates a reading st holder reckons he's one the worst reading players in last 10 years said he was horrific

I can't be the only one who just doesn't want Lloris. One of the most overrated goalkeepers of recent years.

Tottenham, which has a budget of over € 100 million to recruit and enroll newly Portuguese coach (ex-Chelsea) Andre Villas Boas began in the footsteps of Hugo Lloris. And offered 12 million pounds, 15 million euros, to enlist the porter of the France team.
Tottenham is manisfestement compete with Arsenal. Remains a concern, the doorman would like a Lyon in the top five European club. Neither Tottenham or Arsenal are in this case

Doris the doorman:)

I hope they do more homework than with Gomes. He was exactly the same at PSV, great saves and great mistakes. If Freidel has shown us anything, its that having a keeper who can go a whole season without doing anything stupid is a huge advantage.

Freidel is still here for another year, I have no problem with him as #1 next season. Known quantity, won't cost us any goals and makes all the saves he is supposed to make. In no rush to sign a new keeper, although it will need to be looked at at some point

Back