• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know you say those numbers are not spot on but are we actually borrowing any money? I would imagine from the 200 we have (and 93 spent) this is borrowed?

edit - ah I misread your sentence. of the 200m we have it from Sainsburys, 20 m from London. But this other 93m spent, is this borrowed money or our own money? And the 200m investment, is that due to be paid back ie is it a loan or is it some Arab naming rights giving us the money?

Maybe we haven't borrowed much at all...probably a bit but maybe nothing like Arsenal did. But then again I don't know.

We haven't spent much on transfers at all over the last few years. The window Harry brought back Defoe, Keane and Palacios was probably the last big splurge, but even that was in two of the cases money we had just received for them anyway!

I wonder if someone could add up the ins and outs over the last say 7 years and see what figure we get. If we make a fair whack of transfers, while getting some money out of other revenue streams, maybe we made the 93m already spent out of our own doing?

David Moyes has confirmed he is turning his attentions to the capture of Steven Pienaar after completing the signing of Steven Naismith.

Naismith arrived on a free transfer earlier this week and the boss remains hopeful of a deal that could see Pienaar returning to Goodison to further bolster his squad.

The South African enjoyed a successful loan spell from Tottenham during the second half of last season and spent three-and-a-half seasons on Merseyside prior to his switch to White Hart Lane.

"We're keen and I hope in time that we will be able to conclude that deal," said Moyes at a press conference on Thursday.

Tottenham replaced Harry Redknapp with Andre Villas Boas this summer and Moyes was asked whether that change is likely to impact on a potential deal for Pienaar.

"I don't know if it has or not," he replied.

"I don't like talking about players at other clubs but I think the fact of the matter is that Steven has made it clear he wants to come back to Everton.

"By my understanding that hasn't changed. My next job hopefully in the coming weeks is to get Steven Pienaar here as well."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/07/05/moyes-turns-attention-to-pienaar

It's almost as if we have a clear idea of what we want to do this summer AND we're doing it. Getting dizzy over here.

It's almost as if we have a clear idea of what we want to do this summer AND we're doing it. Getting dizzy over here.

I know. It feels just as good as I'd always hoped it would. No more waiting till the last day to sign someone we don't even want.

David Moyes has confirmed he is turning his attentions to the capture of Steven Pienaar after completing the signing of Steven Naismith.

Naismith arrived on a free transfer earlier this week and the boss remains hopeful of a deal that could see Pienaar returning to Goodison to further bolster his squad.

The South African enjoyed a successful loan spell from Tottenham during the second half of last season and spent three-and-a-half seasons on Merseyside prior to his switch to White Hart Lane.

"We're keen and I hope in time that we will be able to conclude that deal," said Moyes at a press conference on Thursday.

Tottenham replaced Harry Redknapp with Andre Villas Boas this summer and Moyes was asked whether that change is likely to impact on a potential deal for Pienaar.

"I don't know if it has or not," he replied.

"I don't like talking about players at other clubs but I think the fact of the matter is that Steven has made it clear he wants to come back to Everton.

"By my understanding that hasn't changed. My next job hopefully in the coming weeks is to get Steven Pienaar here as well."

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/07/05/moyes-turns-attention-to-pienaar

Cool, hopefully another £4m to add to the transfer fund then.

Maybe we haven't borrowed much at all...probably a bit but maybe nothing like Arsenal did. But then again I don't know.

We haven't spent much on transfers at all over the last few years. The window Harry brought back Defoe, Keane and Palacios was probably the last big splurge, but even that was in two of the cases money we had just received for them anyway!

I wonder if someone could add up the ins and outs over the last say 7 years and see what figure we get. If we make a fair whack of transfers, while getting some money out of other revenue streams, maybe we made the 93m already spent out of our own doing?

Cant remember the figures but net debt in the last accounts was 67m or something around that. This included buying property and training ground. I think the repayments were fairly low as its long term and nothing to worry about.

As we only delisted this year I think we will still publish accounts for the year ending 30 June but after that we wont get to see more than a summary.

Don't worry about the finances, Danny boy will have everything well planned. Whatever anyone else says about him he is still a financial genius

For what it's worth - just used this link http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/tottenham-hotspur-transfers.html

and since Arnesen came in up until this pre season we've spent 87m net on transfers, so just under 11m a year. So talking totally hypothetically (I know this is only player trading and profits/losses could have been made elsewhere in the business) let's say we siphoned off 5M a year from the transfer budget (if we worked it so we had roughly 15m to spend each pre season) that would mean we saved about 40m that could have been used towards the stadium. Then depending on the naming rights deal we may not have to borrrow that much more at all, or maye ENIC sell a small part of their stake (say, to make that figure up towards the 93m), meaning we aren't borrowing anything, then once the stadium is finished, the team is competitive at the top, everyone sells their stake and everyone is happy. Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe sell some stake to pay for stadium, another part of the stake to fund team improvement to make us top level and get who the new manager wants.

As I said it makes sense, but maybe people that read the club accounts in detail would be able to see that infact it was impossible to partion off an average of 5m a year to go towards stadium costs because the money just wasn't there.

Don't know much about Jack Butland myself by the word is that he the potential to be better than Joe hart. I think £7 million is worth the risk.

Cant remember the figures but net debt in the last accounts was 67m or something around that. This included buying property and training ground. I think the repayments were fairly low as its long term and nothing to worry about.

As we only delisted this year I think we will still publish accounts for the year ending 30 June but after that we wont get to see more than a summary.

Don't worry about the finances, Danny boy will have everything well planned. Whatever anyone else says about him he is still a financial genius

Cool, so a nice manageable sum and not something that will cripple our ability to compete like has happened at Arsenal. Happy with that.

talkSPORTDrive ‏@talkSPORTDrive
When AVB was destroying CFC were Spurs fans stroking their chins saying: "Results are poor but I'd love AVB at the Lane." thought not....

Erm, I seem to remember Arcspace and I were singing his praises about wanting him at Spurs while he was at the blue scum, and as soon as he got the sack. What a stupid general statement to make from talkbrick.

Aw-H-DdCIAAntb0.jpg

Back