• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Spoken to M'Vila camp, who say he'd only leave Rennes for a club in Champions League & currently no interest from CL clubs in England #thfc

TransferScoop ‏@TransferScoop
Raphael Honigstein on Sahin: "He’s made them both aware that he’s not interested in a move to Spurs." #THFC #AFC

Another CB in addition to the 6 we already have?

We didnt have 6 at the start of the window. King was retiring, Khumalo doesnt count, Gallas is on his last legs, Bassong has either not been playing or playing in a brick team....Verts was clearly needed

What?..

The only post i can see this referring to is the one stating what we needed at the start of the window.. :p

Neither Sig or Verts were players we desperately needed, we have good cover in their positions, but they were quality players available at a reasonable price. That's something Levy will look for. As for striker, I've stated this before, but I think we've deliberately dragged it out to get better deals or look into other targets as well.

No Ade (or another striker) for Saudi Sportswashing Machine = panic time IMO.

errrr Van Der Vaart?

Kinda what I was saying. Not sure why we'd be interested in spending big money on Gaston Ramirez, as he seems so similar to VDV and Siggurdson, to a lesser extent. Just doesn't seem like the wisest use of our seemingly limited funds. How would you facilitate GR into our side?

Neither Sig or Verts were players we desperately needed, we have good cover in their positions, but they were quality players available at a reasonable price. That's something Levy will look for. As for striker, I've stated this before, but I think we've deliberately dragged it out to get better deals or look into other targets as well.

I'm hugely confused and am going to assume your accidentally replying to the wrong post..

The market is extremely sluggish atm. Not many teams are willing to spend, and fewer teams are willing to let their players go. Until a cornerstone deal of some sort occurs, which opens up the rest of the undoubtedly queued-up transfers to completion, we will not see much happening.

That deal is undoubtedly Modric to Real. The sooner that's done with, the sooner our transfer train can chug slowly forwards.

However, does that mean we should cave in and accept a small fee for the man? Like fudge it does.

I understand what you're saying, however the danger is we're edging towards another Berbatov situation. Damned if we do,......?

We did need a CB. I think most people were of that view at the end of last season and that was only exacerbated by King retiring

I cannot validate this but from Twitter:
Mohammed Ali ‏@mohammedali_93
Aulas: "There was an approach from Tottenham but Hugo wanted to play for one of the best clubs in Europe"

Aulas: "If Hugo absolutely wanted to leave, we'll take a look at the proposals. However, this is not the case. He will stay at Lyon"

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas on RMC Sport: "Hugo Lloris will stay at Lyon. We have not really received a firm proposal."

Kinda what I was saying. Not sure why we'd be interested in spending big money on Gaston Ramirez, as he seems so similar to VDV and Siggurdson, to a lesser extent. Just doesn't seem like the wisest use of our seemingly limited funds. How would you facilitate GR into our side?

It would tinkle off the scousers at least.

Imo these odds are better indicators than any so called ITK's

Gimme Tommy Muller, Sessegnon and Dzagoev along with Ade and I'll pack luka's bags for him !

Off of Sky bet.... Hulk 10/1 to join us 1/2 for chelski

Stephane Sessegnon to sign for in Summer 2012 Transfer Window
Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window Loan deals do count, if player does not move clubs all bets are settled as losers

Tottenham8/13
Arsenal7/4
Paris St Germain14/1
Manchester City25/1
Marseille25/1

Alan Dzagoev to sign for in Summer 2012 Transfer Window
Join By End Of Summer Transfer Window Loan deals do count, if player does not move clubs all bets are settled as losers

Tottenham2/1
Inter Milan6/1
Arsenal13/2
Manchester Utd8/1
Bayern Munich10/1
Borussia Dortmund10/1
Chelsea10/1
PSG16/1
AC Milan20/1
Barcelona20/1
Liverpool20/1

Yann MVila to sign for in Summer 2012 Transfer Window

Tottenham4/5
Arsenal6/5
Manchester United12/1
Chelsea16/1

Thomas Muller to sign for in Summer 2012 Transfer Window

Tottenham7/2
Inter Milan6/1
Manchester City6/1
Chelsea10/1
AC Milan16/1
Barcelona16/1
Real Madrid16/1
Arsenal20/1
Manchester Utd20/1

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas on RMC Sport: "Hugo Lloris will stay at Lyon. We have not really received a firm proposal."

This would support the notion at the end of last week that Kaboul had spoken to Lloris. The words 'not really' received a firm proposal would suggest that an approach has been made and a broad price indicated but nothing definite

I understand what you're saying, however the danger is we're edging towards another Berbatov situation. Damned if we do,......?

Berbatov had, what, a year left on his contract? It was either sell him then or recieve a minimal fee in January while the player sulked his way through the season because he knew he'd be leaving one way or the other.

Modric is a totally controllable entity. He has four years to run on his contract. Four years. If we don't sell him this summer how likely is he to sulk for four years straight? He'd be thirty by the time his contract ran out and no one in Europe would want to tke a chance on him.

No, Modric has little choice but to buckle down and give it his all once the window closes. He knows this. We know this. Ergo, we hold all the cards.

The days of Berbatov-era bullying are long gone. Levy hands out long contracts for a reason.

So we have been boyd off by both Lloris and Sahin. Feel like Blackburn.

M'Vila as well. fudge Blackburn, feel like Accrington Stanley atm.

Damn you Fabio Capello, damn you John ****ington Terry, damn you Football Association, damn you Danny Rose, damn you Stephen Ireland, damn you Marton fudging Fulop, damn you Bastian Schweinsteiger, damn you Didier Drogba and damn you Harry Redknapp.

Berbatov had, what, a year left on his contract? It was either sell him then or recieve a minimal fee in January while the player sulked his way through the season because he knew he'd be leaving one way or the other.

Modric is a totally controllable entity. He has four years to run on his contract. Four years. If we don't sell him this summer how likely is he to sulk for four years straight? He'd be thirty by the time his contract ran out and no one in Europe would want to tke a chance on him.

No, Modric has little choice but to buckle down and give it his all once the window closes. He knows this. We know this. Ergo, we hold all the cards.

The days of Berbatov-era bullying are long gone. Levy hands out long contracts for a reason.

Dubai

He is a controllable entity but there is a point where the power and control crosses over and it becomes more in Modric's interest. I am unsure why we are even talking about Modric - his situation should have no bearing on us buying a couple of strikers. Ultimately we sell Modric that cash will be put mainly towards a midfielder. The uncertainty surrounding the **** should have any bearing whatsoever on the striker situation. Lets be honest he has four year but soon it will be three and then two and he is worth 20m not 35m and to boot there may not be the possibility of signing a direct replacement like a Moutinho.

If we dont have the cash - I would really like to know where the money is going. I spend a fortune like others on going to Spurs. Where is the cash?. Levy said the stadium should not restrict our transfer budget. Combine that with how much we have sold and saved and you wonder what the fudge. If we dont have the cash why the fudge buy Sig for example?

I am pretty sure Levy is working behind the scenes etc He isnt that stupid but unsure why its taken SO long where pre season is important for fitness etc. Its all about learning lessons as I said before but it seems to have escaped Levy.

Back