• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AVB should have spent several weeks looking around Europe and South America for bargain talent. Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia, Portugal, hundreds of possibilities. Where the frock are they all?

Shed loads of players want to play in the Premiership for a top team. Their are hundreds of players outside the 'CL only' players we are targeting.

AVB should have spent several weeks looking around Europe and South America for bargain talent. Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia, Portugal, hundreds of possibilities. Where the frock are they all?

Shed loads of players want to play in the Premiership for a top team. Their are hundreds of players outside the 'CL only' players we are targeting.

Pretty sure he did. We were 'informed' that he had been scouting around on his break and had a list of players that would be good. That was 'supposedly' one of the reasons Levy was impressed by him before we signed him up.

I read somewhere that he spent time in South America after getting the boot at Chelsea

What gives you the impression AVB is a yes man? If anything the way he went about things at Chelsea would suggest he is anything but

Can see a DoF of sorts coming in though - you appear to be knocking Levy for this ? With the new stadium on the horizon we are most likely going to have to maximize our outlay in transfers (meaning young players with potential) and if a DoF helps in that area then it will definitley be getting my backing

I have my reasons for thinkking he's a yes man, most of which are not logical i admit...however i dont see what he did at chelsea while he was there that would suggest he wasnt a yes man? if you catch my drift

not knocking levy for anything either, you read into that wrongly. levy isnt the spend cash type person unless its an imperitive situation or it REALLY fits into the business model or overall objective. Nothing is wrong with the DoF, or at least nothing major if you get the appointments right...but a DoF that follows his image along with a coach that is willing to tow the line and follow said image with a chance of success is Levy's ideal scenario

Benoit+Assou+ekotto+Arsenal+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+o-wid0s7pMAl.jpg

EmmanuelAdebayor-with-BenoitAssouEkotto120226Rbg.jpg

Adebayor_2718287.jpg

assou-ekotto-adeba_2067459i.jpg

its amazing that people are surprised by this sort of behaviour..its the same every year with us.

At some point its going to stick as to what kind of chairman and owners we have running the club, its like when people couldnt get their heads round the re-sale value thing when levy first took over.....this behaviour is the same EVERY YEAR

some end of the transfer window we WILL have more additions to this team

Interesting little tid-bit off Twitter. From an Italian journalist.

Gaston Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"The only concrete bid from England came from Tottenham:16m €,but they offered too low wages to the player"
"But we are aware that Tottenham might raise the salary offer if Modric will be sold to Real Madrid.We stand-by"

Now, I know very little about Ramirez, but if he can't play centrally, I don't really understand this offer. It feels like winger is less of a priority than central midfield and striker. Anyone keen on him, and how do you see him fitting into our side, if he signs. Like this? Seems very, very lightweight.

Would rather stump up big money on M'Villa.

------------Friedel---------
Walker--Verts--Kaboul--BAE
----Sandro-----Siggurdson--
Lennon---Ramirez------Bale--
------Defoe-------------------

errrr Van Der Vaart?

Surprised that people dont think others have done much:
Liverpoo have signed a couple players but, more importantly, have replaced a dinosaur manager with someone with a brain
Arse have signed two forwards and a winger. All internationals for decent countries
Cheatski have signed a while bunch of players and now have a frightening array of top young talent
ManU and Man C are at a level byond us so not really relevant

We've signed a CB (needed) and an attacking midfielder which wasnt really at all needed (or at least there were much higher priorities: 2 * CF, back up winger, CB, GK, MOdric replacement....)

Liverpoo have signed a couple players but, more importantly, have replaced a dinosaur manager with someone with a brain
Arse have signed two forwards and a winger. All internationals for decent countries
Cheatski have signed a while bunch of players and now have a frightening array of top young talent

We've signed a CB (needed) and an attacking midfielder which wasnt really at all needed (or at least there were much higher priorities: 2 * CF, back up winger, CB, GK, MOdric replacement....)

The sig signing is one that gets me really angry.

Whilst everyone was getting all fudging orgasmic over it i didnt fudging get it. 8m put towards a striker ie. Llorente. If we got the cash then fine but who the fudge are you fooling if you think we got the cash.

It aint even Sig is a replacement for Modric.

You bunch of bitches need to stop whining you really do. I love the way you all slate the ITK but you all rattle on like you know whats happening with the club and transfers. Who says we have not been negotiating for weeks? AVB said the U.S tour was to evaluate the squad and after the Watford game said we would be making some moves in the transfer market and we need to sell aswell. Have faith and stop bitching.

Liverpoo have signed a couple players but, more importantly, have replaced a dinosaur manager with someone with a brain But have still spent lots of £££ on average talent once again
Cheatski have signed a while bunch of players and now have a frightening array of top young talent But have hired RDM as their manager, and will burden him with impossible expectations

We've signed a CB (needed) and an attacking midfielder which wasnt really at all needed (or at least there were much higher priorities: 2 * CF, back up winger, CB, GK, MOdric replacement....)And have replaced one manager with another (Time will tell how successfully)

Fixed.

You don't need a Modric replacement until you sell Modric. Plus a GK isn't really a top priority. The majority of spurs fans would probably be happy with the window if we bought in two Strikers.

The market is extremely sluggish atm. Not many teams are willing to spend, and fewer teams are willing to let their players go. Until a cornerstone deal of some sort occurs, which opens up the rest of the undoubtedly queued-up transfers to completion, we will not see much happening.

That deal is undoubtedly Modric to Real. The sooner that's done with, the sooner our transfer train can chug slowly forwards.

However, does that mean we should cave in and accept a small fee for the man? Like fudge it does.

Superbly put that man!
=D>

GHod I hope so. Ideally I'd like 2 additons to our strikeforce, but this would be a start, and give me a little more confidence going into Saturdays game

Absolutely. Getting Ade in now would give us a bit of breathing space until the end of the window to hunt for that 2nd striker. I can see Defoe leaving pretty sharpish once he sees a few strikers coming though the door. He needs and wants to play every week and he just won't get that at Spurs. I think he'd be perfect as plan B but he won't settle for that at this stage of his career. So that would leave us with Ade, A.Nother, Kane and maybe Coulibaly getting a few mins here and there. I could live with that as long as our 2nd striker purchase was decent enough quality.

If we hadn't have signed Sig then do you think we'd have a striker right now? I certainly don't.

I dont know but 8m is a fair bit.

Yiddo you bitch grrrr - yeah we all dont know but we know one thing - WE DO NOT HAVE A STRIKER and havent had one for pre season. Not all of the blame is at Levys feet, not all of it is at AVBs feet the same as it wasnt at Harrys feet.

What I do know is it been what? a couple of year since we needed that elusive striker?

I dont know but 8m is a fair bit.

Yiddo you bitch grrrr - yeah we all dont know but we know one thing - WE DO NOT HAVE A STRIKER and havent had one for pre season. Not all of the blame is at Levys feet, not all of it is at AVBs feet the same as it wasnt at Harrys feet.

What I do know is it been what? a couple of year since we needed that elusive striker?

We sold Defoe already?

Jesus i must've missed that.. :p

Back