• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Ade and a capable backup the squad is strong enough for top 4. Whether we're able to do it on the pitch is another matter, but Chelsea can only use 11 players at a time.

Given the apparent silence emanating from WHL at the moment, will Ade and a capable back up be available to AVB for our opener at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I guess this is what has been driving the frustration of some of the posters on here (including me!)

Given the apparent silence emanating from WHL at the moment, will Ade and a capable back up be available to AVB for our opener at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? I guess this is what has been driving the frustration of some of the posters on here (including me!)

Since we didn't tie him up for the US trip I've kind of assumed we'd wait until now. Apparently it's only been minor stuff that hasn't been sorted or maybe we're deliberately dragging it out, hoping for City to concede some more. As for other targets, as long as we might face competition from Chelsea, Liverpool, Milan, Juventus it's risky going in strong for a target, only to have him snatched away. Once the big spenders are done, the selling clubs might get more realistic about their options.

The market is extremely sluggish atm. Not many teams are willing to spend, and fewer teams are willing to let their players go. Until a cornerstone deal of some sort occurs, which opens up the rest of the undoubtedly queued-up transfers to completion, we will not see much happening.

That deal is undoubtedly Modric to Real. The sooner that's done with, the sooner our transfer train can chug slowly forwards.

However, does that mean we should cave in and accept a small fee for the man? Like fudge it does.

I would cut them some slack for not buying in the August window as we still had the qualifier to get through so we werent certain to be in the CL proper.
It was the Jan window we messed up. Into the Last 16, playing great football, we were hot news. That's when we should have struck.
We'll never ever know, but a quality striker in that window and we might have not fell back to 5th in the following months.

For me that was the real missed oppurtinity

I couldn't agree more. In fact this January was a another missed opportunity too, but I guess there were some valid excuses - Harry's pending court case, we were flying in the league, blah blah.
The previous January was nothing short of an absolute disaster. i have no doubt we have missed two CL campaigns because of dithering in the Jan window.

On Benny's twitter post, that has to be a hint that Ade is on board. Otherwise it's just a bit random.

Was it Benny that was with Ade in those photos prior to him joining us on loan last season? I thought there was a picture of the two of them hanging out somewhere.

I couldn't agree more. In fact this January was a another missed opportunity too, but I guess there were some valid excuses - Harry's pending court case, we were flying in the league, blah blah.
The previous January was nothing short of an absolute disaster. i have no doubt we have missed two CL campaigns because of dithering in the Jan window.

On Benny's twitter post, that has to be a hint that Ade is on board. Otherwise it's just a bit random.

GHod I hope so. Ideally I'd like 2 additons to our strikeforce, but this would be a start, and give me a little more confidence going into Saturdays game

Back