• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Fake bids"?

"False promises"?

My goodness! There are a lot of conspiracy theorists on the board tonight!

Do they have any evidence, perchance?

Yeah fake bids why not ?

Why leave it to the last hour of the transfer window to lodge a bid or two when there is no time to get the paper work ready in time/player medical done, so yes my thinking is fake bids to please the fans and look like we are ambitious .

Just my 10 pence

As for the fake bids, is there any real proof that we actually made them?

Of course there isn't.

Everyone's just tinkled off about Spurs not buying a striker yet so they're chatting brick about Levy as a means of venting their understandable frustration.

M'Vila is 22. Vieira at 22 was a Premiership winner, an FA Cup winner (both in the same season) and a World Cup winner. And people were raving about him in his first season at Arsenal (he was 20 btw). This isn't a put down to M'Vila (I've never paid attention to him and don't know anything about him to say he is over, under or perfectly rated) but to suggest that no one was shouting home about Vieira at 22 is simply wrong.

What he won at 22 has no bearing on if he is better than M'Vila at the same age, the team in general were brilliant and Vieira wasn't the reason for that. David May had won the Premiership twice, the FA Cup twice and the Champions League but I wouldn't have him over players we are interested in or have.

M'Vila has also captained teams he's in too. The similatiries with him and Vieira are endless though.

Prior to Levy we were mid-table mediocrity for quite some time.

So Jordi, be honest with me, do you think that the current squad is strong enough to press for the top four this coming season?

I don't want us to become another Leeds, where to misquote the Bible, we build our financial foundations on sand, but I have begun to enjoy our 4/5th place finishes. I remember the good, bad old days of the 70/80/90's etc., where apart from the odd cup success the term "mid-table mediocrity" could have been created for us.

For all those conspiracy theories, just how many players have moved clubs this window? Liverpool have signed 2 or 3, United 2 I think, arsenal a couple, city 1. Only Chelsea have done substantial business and it's all a bit of a joke. We've signed 2 players, so rather than thinking this is Levy deliberately trying to derail us, perhaps take a look at the wider market?

Interesting little tid-bit off Twitter. From an Italian journalist.

Gaston Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"The only concrete bid from England came from Tottenham:16m €,but they offered too low wages to the player"
"But we are aware that Tottenham might raise the salary offer if Modric will be sold to Real Madrid.We stand-by"

Now, I know very little about Ramirez, but if he can't play centrally, I don't really understand this offer. It feels like winger is less of a priority than central midfield and striker. Anyone keen on him, and how do you see him fitting into our side, if he signs. Like this? Seems very, very lightweight.

Would rather stump up big money on M'Villa.

------------Friedel---------
Walker--Verts--Kaboul--BAE
----Sandro-----Siggurdson--
Lennon---Ramirez------Bale--
------Defoe-------------------

For all those conspiracy theories, just how many players have moved clubs this window? Liverpool have signed 2 or 3, United 2 I think, arsenal a couple, city 1. Only Chelsea have done substantial business and it's all a bit of a joke. We've signed 2 players, so rather than thinking this is Levy deliberately trying to derail us, perhaps take a look at the wider market?

Very true, it might interset some of the moaners to have a look at what players have moved and to what clubs so far this season. There are only a few top signings in the whole list.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2145179/Premier-League-transfers--summer-2012.html

are they good mates?

I think Benny Cool's had a puff too many LOL

I believe so, recall them being photographed together in London prior to Ade's loan move. As far as I was aware they were mates, but obviously I have no solid info. But lol I agree, he is pretty mad. A friend of mine has interviewed him a few times and said he is a great guy and very smart.

So Jordi, be honest with me, do you think that the current squad is strong enough to press for the top four this coming season?

I don't want us to become another Leeds, where to misquote the Bible, we build our financial foundations on sand, but I have begun to enjoy our 4/5th place finishes. I remember the good, bad old days of the 70/80/90's etc., where apart from the odd cup success the term "mid-table mediocrity" could have been created for us.

With Ade and a capable backup the squad is strong enough for top 4. Whether we're able to do it on the pitch is another matter, but Chelsea can only use 11 players at a time.

Gaston Ramirez's agent Betancourt:"The only concrete bid from England came from Tottenham:16m €,but they offered too low wages to the player"
"But we are aware that Tottenham might raise the salary offer if Modric will be sold to Real Madrid.We stand-by"

Now, I know very little about Ramirez, but if he can't play centrally, I don't really understand this offer. It feels like winger is less of a priority than central midfield and striker. Anyone keen on him, and how do you see him fitting into our side, if he signs. Like this? Seems very, very lightweight.

We're wasting his talents if we play Gylfi in a centre midfield pair of two. Much better suited for an advanced role IMO.

According to him, Ramirez should be playing for his sixth PL club by now. All in one summer.

Back