• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Benoit Assou-Ekotto @AssouEkotto

With a nap,the day is not enought long...i make a dream!As we signe a BIG STRIKER. Very good! who score many goal!!!but it was. A dream LOL

im sure the players are pi$$ed off by the lack of signings

Levy and his false promises

In my case, not true at all.

In the CL season, I was happy enough with Crouch, Defoe and Pav. The fact they ALL had poor seasons could not have been predicted. Last season, I was happy with Ade, Defoe and Pav. I confess to being less than delighted at Saha (was worried about the injury record).

What was always debated here was WHY we didn't go and splash mega-wonga on a striker in one of three or fur windows, and I said it was because of indecision. In fact, in the case of ONE of those players (Suarez) I was personally happy we dithered and didn't sign him!

There is no doubt that Levy is a penny-pincher (even I'm not Magoo!) but I think we do forget that we are not in the CL, do not have a massive stadium right now yet we expect CL standard fare. Quite right too! I am still convinced we could've won the title last season but for distractions,and I am still convinced we have a fine squad which needs two more players.

Final thought; Madrid have really fudged both Modric and us over IMHO. The player was once again unsettled, a valuation was set early, nothing changed until Madrid decided to pull back and try to 'cheap' up out, and Levy isn't going for it. If Levy folded for 25-27 mill now, he'd (rightly) get a slagging.

qualifying for the CL was the opportunity to bring in a big name striker....we blew it

qualifying for the CL was the opportunity to bring in a big name striker....we blew it

It would appear to be the logical time to buy one (2?). CL is a prerequisite for many forwards and at least there is the guarantee of the CL cash as a boost. But the main reason should be that it can really help you qualify again the following season ](*,)

Levy must have his reasons but i wonder if he has any regrets?

No we blew it when we were in the CL and never consolidated with new signings in the summer and January (fake bids for Aguero and Rossi) !

Lets face it we cant compete until we get the new stadium built/ naming rights sorted

Not sure I want someone with his disciplinary issues at Spurs. He's no Modric.
Spend the money on a striker.

No we blew it when we were in the CL and never consolidated with new signings in the summer and January (fake bids for Aguero and Rossi) !

Lets face it we cant compete until we get the new stadium built/ naming rights sorted

"Fake bids"?

"False promises"?

My goodness! There are a lot of conspiracy theorists on the board tonight!

Do they have any evidence, perchance?

I would cut them some slack for not buying in the August window as we still had the qualifier to get through so we werent certain to be in the CL proper.
It was the Jan window we messed up. Into the Last 16, playing great football, we were hot news. That's when we should have struck.
We'll never ever know, but a quality striker in that window and we might have not fell back to 5th in the following months.

For me that was the real missed oppurtinity

"Fake bids"?

"False promises"?

My goodness! There are a lot of conspiracy theorists on the board tonight!

Do they have any evidence, perchance?

As for the fake bids, is there any real proof that we actually made them?

It is a disaster but not unprecedented. This has happened a few windows now. But this time is is especially bad, AVB was a huge risk without this lack of activity. Perhaps we are just unable to compete in the transfer market, certainly I'm not convinced by Levy's approach to the market. Too many games, and limited resources made available. Contrary to what some have said I actually think Harry would have been better in these circumstances, cannot believe AVB can be happy with what has happened, not least because he will know many are baying for him after his antics last season.

On another matter apparently BBC journo has spoken to M'Villa camp who says he isn't interested in non-CL club. Who knows how true that is, I'd quite like him a Spurs.

Ah, the old stadium conundrum again! What concerns me is that if we are not careful, we might end up with a "white elephant" of a stadium with a team and a club that are happy to settle for "mid-table mediocrity", playing to a half empty stadium.

I appreciate that the FFP rules are just around the corner, and I realise that your financial foundations have to be secure, but FFS, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, so can DL please pull his finger out and get some quality firepower in up front so we at least have the opportunity of seeing some goals scored this season!

We missed out on CL football by one point last year; who knows, with some decent back-up for Ade, we might have just pipped the 'Goons to that all important third place.

Back